Free dining

TeriofTerror

Does this mean Fall Discounts for rooms, stays and packages be released soon too?
I'd assume they'll be along soon. And my advice (for the extremely little that's worth) is to definitely crunch the numbers. Five people in a Moderate might make Free Dining your best bet. Two - three people in a Deluxe? I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts a room discount will be a better deal. And if you're at all like me (a small eater and an enthusiastic drinker), TiW is the best deal of all! :D

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
I'd assume they'll be along soon. And my advice (for the extremely little that's worth) is to definitely crunch the numbers. Five people in a Moderate might make Free Dining your best bet. Two - three people in a Deluxe? I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts a room discount will be a better deal. And if you're at all like me (a small eater and an enthusiastic drinker), TiW is the best deal of all! :D

Animaniac93-98

No no, I honestly have no idea what free dining is.

It's probably something super well-known and I look stupid for asking, but, oh well...

It's an annual and very popular package promotion for WDW resorts.

You get free meal credits when you book a room + ticket package for your family. Credit types vary based on resort category.

KrzyKtty

It's probably something super well-known and I look stupid for asking, but, oh well. I tried looking it up and couldn't find an actual explanation, I just gathered that it's some sort of discount.
Almost every fall Disney offers a promotion offering free Dining Plans (either Quick Service or standard). Whether you qualify for the promo depends on your resort, room, tickets, check in dates, and stay length. Also, free dining isn't always the cheapest or best deal depend on what room discount offers could be offered around the same time.

Clamman73

IMG_1281.JPG

No Name

It's an annual and very popular package promotion for WDW resorts.

You get free meal credits when you book a room + ticket package for your family. Credit types vary based on resort category.
Almost every fall Disney offers a promotion offering free Dining Plans (either Quick Service or standard). Whether you qualify for the promo depends on your resort, room, tickets, check in dates, and stay length. Also, free dining isn't always the cheapest or best deal depend on what room discount offers could be offered around the same time.

Thank you both. :)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

It's probably something super well-known and I look stupid for asking, but, oh well. I tried looking it up and couldn't find an actual explanation, I just gathered that it's some sort of discount.
Others have clearly answered your question, but I find it delightfully refreshing that you really didn't know.

Depending who you ask, Free Dining is either the greatest thing since sliced bread, or is the reason for everything that is wrong with WDW. Before we were "blaming" Meg, or "thanking" Shanghai, we were ragging about Free Dining ... which isn't really free, of course.

Me, I am unapologetically guilty of indulging in Free Dining for more than a decade.

Nj4mwc

I finally crunched the numbers this year and realized that the military room discount and buying the military discount park tickets works out better especially since I'm going to be spending 3 nights at universal. If I was taking a longer Disney only free dining might be more appealing but I kick myself for all these years I thought it was the way to go

Uncle Lupe

You have to do the math but price it OOP and you see why everybody gets anxious about this promo.

Last time we went 2011 the free dining promo let us upgrade to a moderate, get the free dining and a $200 refund. At the time it was #awesome in 2017 terms.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
I think its mousesavers... if you google when does disney world release fall discounts, they have a very detailed calendar of discounts for the past years with when they were released, the time frame and what the promotion discount was. Fall sees a lot of discounts since its a slower period after all the kiddos go back to school and its before the two major holidays.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Thank you both. :)
The key thing not mentioned: "free dining" is only available if you pay rack rate on your room along with full price for your tickets. That's why people stress to run the numbers to see whether or not any offered discount on the room along with your party size and normal eating habits might be a better deal than paying Disney's FULL RACK RATE and getting "free" food (which you're actually paying for in the full rack rate in some cases).

Those with larger, older groups in the rooms often benefit from "free dining," even at the higher hotel room rate. Case in point: 2 adults, and two teens. Planning on doing a lot of character meals can be another deciding factor in favor of "free dining."

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Just a heads up to everyone planning on free dinning. The rumor floating around is value AND moderate resorts will get free QS plan and only Deluxe resorts will get free DDP. No idea if this is true but something to be prepared for if you planned a stay at the mods.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom