Tonga Toast

LeighM

Original Poster
Can anyone let me know how the Tonga Toast at Rainforest Cafe in Animal Kingdom compares to the one at Kona Cafe? It's one of my husband's favorite foods at WDW and was wondering if one was better than the other. I'm going to try to get an ADR for Kona Cafe because I really want the pineapple macadamia pancakes again but was thinking about Rainforest Cafe as a possible alternative.

TheMouseFan

Can anyone let me know how the Tonga Toast at Rainforest Cafe in Animal Kingdom compares to the one at Kona Cafe? It's one of my husband's favorite foods at WDW and was wondering if one was better than the other. I'm going to try to get an ADR for Kona Cafe because I really want the pineapple macadamia pancakes again but was thinking about Rainforest Cafe as a possible alternative.
They are not the same thing!! At least when I had the Tonga Toast at Rainforest in 2014. It was regular french toast with I think strawberries and bananas. It was very good, but not anything like the Tonga Toast at Kona!

jrlbc06

Kona is fairly easy to get an ADR at. You shouldn't have a problem, and if the time you want isn't available, just keep checking....they change frequently.

Deno

Yeah but they don't have the strawberry sauce with it lol

Which sounds silly but for me, that sauce makes it special. It's kinda dry at Capt. Cooks unless you add some maple syrup that they have down there.

And with a side of ham of course ;-)

Minthorne

Tonga toast I had once. It was dry and didn't appeal to me. I think it is over rated. I hear it used to be better and the bread changed. Here I speak the blasphemous words - may none thrash me too harshly.

LeighM

Original Poster
Tonga toast I had once. It was dry and didn't appeal to me. I think it is over rated. I hear it used to be better and the bread changed. Here I speak the blasphemous words - may none thrash me too harshly.

I'm not a fan either but my husband loves it. I have never understood how someone can prefer the Tonga Toast over the pineapple macadamia pancakes but to each their own LOL

Deno

I'm not a fan either but my husband loves it. I have never understood how someone can prefer the Tonga Toast over the pineapple macadamia pancakes but to each their own LOL

Oh, I just love it ALL!!! hahah

Yeah, Tonga Toast SMOTHERED in the sauce is delightful. Without....not so delicious.

Minthorne

Yes to each their own - Dole Whips don't get me either. But I was in Disneyland Last week and I want a Corn Dog now!

Deno

Yes to each their own - Dole Whips don't get me either. But I was in Disneyland Last week and I want a Corn Dog now!

You know, i've never EVER had a corn dog. I always thought corn dog meant they were made out of something corn based ;-)

It's sausage covered in corn batter? Is that correct?

I saw a video with them in bite sized pieces at Casey's Corner? I HAVE to try them....

Minthorne

You know, i've never EVER had a corn dog. I always thought corn dog meant they were made out of something corn based ;-)

It's sausage covered in corn batter? Is that correct?

I saw a video with them in bite sized pieces at Casey's Corner? I HAVE to try them....

Yes that it exactly (well hot dog not sausage-although I guess a hot is a sausage) and if they are fresh fried like I had last week they are soooo decadently good!

Minthorne

IMG_0198.JPG

Notice the Pluto Easter egg?

LeighM

Original Poster

I love corn dogs! But strangely enough I don't really like hot dogs :) A good corn dog all comes down to the batter and how it's fried.

JIMINYCR

If you are looking for the Tonga Toast thats the best... stick with Kona Cafe. Rain Forest misses the mark and Capt. Cooks Tonga Toast isn't always as flavorful. Kona does it right consistently.

Mrhappyplace

You can also get Tonga Toast at Capn Cooks at the Poly.

Yeah but they don't have the strawberry sauce with it lol

On our last trip my wife made the strawberry compote at home and we brought it with us to Capn Cooks in a cheap squeeze bottle.
If we are eating at Kona I'd prefer the Samoan. Frankly I think the Tonga Toast while good it needs more banana inside.

Disney Nerd

Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe is different and in my opinion much better than Rainforest Cafe. If you don't have time to do a sit down there is always Captain Cook's Quick Service that serves the same Tonga Toast for breakfast as Kona Cafe and it is delicious.

DoleWhipperSnapper

Definitely a staple breakfast item for me every vacation is the Kona Cafe Tonga Toast. It is simply delicious. I will have to stop by Poly and grab some Tonga Toast at Captain Cook's as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom