Splash Mountain fall refurbishment 2017

Oriolesmagic

Okay, color me confused on this one, I rode Splash not long ago and I couldn't pick out many effects that weren't working. Is this more of a behind the scenes refurb or could we even see something added?

PizzaPlanet

Glad to see my favorite attraction getting some love. It would be nice if they repainted the exterior during this time. Big Thunder and Haunted Mansion both look phenomenal with their new paint jobs.

TDogg76

I think they do a great job with the refurbs. Always so bright and fresh! And people who are concerned with the timeframe: Newflash! There are no "downtimes" at WDW anymore!

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Last time I rode, I noticed several areas where water was leaking where it shouldn't have been leaking. (Ceilings of interior areas and from structural members). The ride is almost 25 years old, Whatever this refurb may be, it looks like it may require expediting and can't wait until 2018.

gmajew

Premium Member
Last time I rode, I noticed several areas where water was leaking where it shouldn't have been leaking. (Ceilings of interior areas and from structural members). The ride is almost 25 years old, Whatever this refurb may be, it looks like it may require expediting and can't wait until 2018.[/QUOTE

I don't remember a time things did not leak.

RSoxNo1

So the speculation for the Splash Mountain fall closure is that something else is going on in January. Do we know what that is? The expectation right now is that Mission: SPACE and Great Movie Ride will be closed during Splash Mountain's general refurb time, but I would expect that an additional MK attraction would be the reason this was moved up. Has anyone indicated what that might be, could Space be getting a true refurb?

PREMiERdrum

Okay, color me confused on this one, I rode Splash not long ago and I couldn't pick out many effects that weren't working. Is this more of a behind the scenes refurb or could we even see something added?

When we were there a few weeks ago, there were several notable issues. Some of the smaller figures (mostly birds) were suffering very limited motion or were completely static. Audio was wildly inconsistent, with areas like the first "How do you do?" in the outdoor run after the lift being barely audible, and overbearingly loud in others. There were a few obviously blown speakers, especially bad in the first block table after the brier patch, by the waterfall. Finally, it seemed like they were having a terrible time with blocking intervals, with manual block resets happening several times causing long periods of standstill in the queue.

Lucky Rabbit

Is there a realistic chance this refurb gets done early (does that ever happen)? I'll be there Nov 1st - 5th and realize I'm probably out of luck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom