Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

PorterRedkey

Okay, I want to do this! It is an experience with shows and food and random interactions. I am wetting mt pants thinking of this and I'm not even the biggest Star Wars fan.

So Disney will charge 450- 650 a night for their best resorts. For 2 people (me and my wife), It would be $2,000 dollars. That equals 600 and night for the room (-$1,200), breakfast x 2 (-100), lunch (-60), 2 signature dinners (-340), admission to Star Wars land (-100), and (-200) for the interactions and story thread that you get to participate in.

I would do it in a heartbeat.

However, if you have 3 kids it is a $5,000 experience. The room expense is the same, so that makes this experience much more expensive for families.

Cesar R M

How do you find this stuff? Do you catalogue everything or something?? :D
he is secretly stalking you like this...
breathingonneck.png

Cesar R M

New Fantasy Land is beautiful. Loved before during the daytime and when the sun went down for the evening. I wish TSL would look this good.
Disagree, The times I've been after sundown.. the floodlights of various areas illuminate parts of the new fanstasy area.. the rest are way too dark.
They get more light from storybook circus than from local themed lightning for example.

They had multiple chances to add more details in the main road of fantasyland. Its just a big thing that connects places with absolutely no theme at all. They could have added more trees, even plastic ones or themed lamps/signposts.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Okay, I want to do this! It is an experience with shows and food and random interactions. I am wetting mt pants thinking of this and I'm not even the biggest Star Wars fan.

So Disney will charge 450- 650 a night for their best resorts. For 2 people (me and my wife), It would be $2,000 dollars. That equals 600 and night for the room (-$1,200), breakfast x 2 (-100), lunch (-60), 2 signature dinners (-340), admission to Star Wars land (-100), and (-200) for the interactions and story thread that you get to participate in.

I would do it in a heartbeat.

However, if you have 3 kids it is a $5,000 experience. The room expense is the same, so that makes this experience much more expensive for families.
Yeah, that's unfortunate, but I won't be mad about it. I bet it would be a great experience. We have a family of 7. I'm not about to pay $7000 for that. I don't have it like that, some do. More power to them.

azox

There's a possibility you won't have to walk far.

Hopefully when you say that you don't mean it will be taking up space in the park where a new attraction could reside. (ie. the corner of the property between Star Wars land and Toy Story land.)

phi2134

I could easily see them making it part of star wars land to have the guests immersed in the theme and have them living on the planet.

WildcatDen

Could you rephrase that... having trouble parsing the meaning. Thanks.
Serpico mentioned that not long ago, an idea for a third attraction for SWL at both DLR and DHS was discussed but had very little chance of being part of the 2019 opening. Now, it looks like the idea has gained a little momentum and the support of a few people who have a voice when these discussions take place.

JediMasterMatt

@Magic Feather , @marni1971 , @MansionButler84
Just curious, how much validity are you putting in the idea of a third attraction for SWL making it as part of the 'phase 1
plans? I hate using "Phase 1" but it is what it is. . .

The 3rd attraction ship has sailed... or the Bantha has been let loose...

The plans are set and locked in. It had its chance; but, ultimately - paying for it was something Orlando didn't want and it cost both coasts their kinetic motion rides.

When future SW comes, it won't be at the existing port.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
If it happens it'll be news to me. Maybe it will!
Its been mentioned before that when (I should also add, if) SWL in WDW gets a phase 2 or a build-out of what is coming now, it may take over TSL (or some parts of the area)... So would this rumored SW hotel be the reason of having to take over TSL?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Its been mentioned before that when (I should also add, if) SWL in WDW gets a phase 2 or a build-out of what is coming now, it may take over TSL (or some parts of the area)... So would this rumored SW hotel be the reason of having to take over TSL?
I've not heard about the TSL proposal personally so it'd be wrong to comment on it. But the hotel idea isn't new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom