Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Tale of Two Trips (finally moving on from the PTR)

Hello everyone!!! I'm sorry for the long delay, but I am finally starting my TR :) I apologize in advance for the insane amount of pictures :) I got a new camera and took over 3000 pictures and videos! If you did not read my PTR I went on two trips in the span of a few weeks...hence the title :) I will split them in two but keep it all in the same thread. Also, I have a lot of last minute residency requirements to navigate through the next few weeks or so so I'm sorry if this takes me forever! Anyway, enough of me rambling - let's begin!

First trip!
Who?

From left to right: Me (Megan), my Mom (Mary), and my sister (Jill)
IMG_2988.JPG

When?
March 11, 2017 - March 18, 2017

Where?
First time staying an entire trip here...the Polynesian!

Why?
I had to take an exam in Kissimmee on the 14th and I got the whole week off from work to go :) My Mom and sister came along for the ride.

Kiwiduck

AH ! You guys its won't let me upload any pictures :(
I know I ask this all the time but is anyone else having trouble with it?! I'm using the direct upload a file link.
How big are your file sizes? I have trouble loading large pictures in my reports at times. I don't really have a good solution. I just keep trying over and over while yelling "load, load, why wont you load" at my computer. Sometimes this does the trick.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Woohoo! Thanks @Kiwiduck I just resized my photos and it worked...this is going to take me extra long now :confused:

Anyway, moving on!
We got up at the ripe old hour of 4 am :eek: Of course we had to take some pictures before leaving to pick up Jill :) *usually much to my Dad's dismay since he's packing the car while we do this*
DSC_0254_1.jpg

DSC_0256_1.jpg

When we went to pick up Jill and she also had two suitcases I thought that my Dad was going to lose his mind because we legit did not have room for them :D. Its OK we all just squished! Thankfully its a short ride to the airport!
We were able to get through baggage check and security quickly (thanks to TSA pre-check) so we headed to our usual breakfast place!
Gang's all here :) (with the gross grape water I accidentally got)
DSC_0260_1.jpg

We waited legit forever for our food because we got it "for here" instead of "to go" like we usually do. Good thing we had a lot of time to kill. I felt kind of bad because when I finally went to go check on our stuff they had to remake Jill's sandwich because it had been sitting there forever and the worker got yelled at about it ... whoops.
DSC_0265_1.jpg
DSC_0266_1.jpg

My Mom and I had bagels
DSC_0269_1.jpg

Jill had some sort of croissant sandwich
DSC_0268_1.jpg

As I mentioned in my PTR we got delayed...they made an announcement that the plane to Baltimore would be delayed because it lost power and I told Jill that I could almost guarantee they would take our plane that was already there...and they did! It was because Baltimore had like 90% of people connecting and we didn't have any :( Anyway we ended up getting delayed about 90 minutes and I remember looking over and seeing that our original plane was actually still sitting there de-icing so in the end we would have been delayed anyway!
On the plane I immediately put on my Magic Band 2.0 (I know I complained about it in the PTR, but in the end I actually really liked the second version).
DSC_0272_1.jpg

My Mom fell asleep on the plane like she usually does and while she was sleeping we were de-icing
DSC_0275_1.jpg

This, as some of may know, takes awhile and my Mom woke up from her 5 minute cat nap and was like "we haven't even left yet?!" haha It was funny :)
The plane ride went very quickly while Jill slept and my Mom and I watched HGTV
LOL we are ridiculous and actually take these pictures
DSC_0276_1.jpg

Next up: arriving in Disney!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
We landed in Florida sometime around 10:30 which was somehow only about 45 minutes delayed...we made up for a lot of lost time in the air I guess
Woohoo - FONORAIL time!
DSC_0282_1.jpg

DSC_0283_1.jpg

Usual picture
DSC_0288_1.jpg

My Mom always wanted a picture with this Goofy but this is as close as we got ...this time :)
DSC_0289_1.jpg

Its a must to put ears on when waiting in DME
DSC_0294_1.jpg
DSC_0297_1.jpg

We had a very short wait for our bus and we were told the Polynesian was the first stop! Hooray!
Since we were surrounded by yellow Mears buses we thought for sure we were getting one but instead we got a water parks bus...I will take it!!!
DSC_0298_1.jpg

You know how they play trivia on the bus screens? There was a women in front of me who kept insisting that she knew all the answers BUT she was always wrong and didn't pay attention to the screen when it would show the correct answer. Example: What year did the Contemporary Hotel open? Her answer: well it was definitely the 1980's "duhhh." She and her party were also trying to name all 7 dwarfs and named one "sassy dwarf" and the little kid next to me was like thats not one and then proceeded to name them all and they just stared at him :cool::p
Anyway, finally we made it to the Polynesian! It was so hard to believe that we were staying here!
DSC_0303_1.jpg

DSC_0305_1.jpg
DSC_0306_1.jpg

Next up: MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Can't help with the pictures, a very weak area for me. Much to learn, then someday I can do a trip report. Until then, keep up the great work sharing the magic. It keeps me going, my blue sky and sunny day with wisps of crisp white clouds floating by until I can return to experience the magic myself.

I'm glad it keeps you going ! Time between Disney trips is always torture even when its a short wait :oops:

YAY for you starting your report(s) but BOO that your pictures aren't uploading. :( I use the direct upload a file feature on here too so don't have any suggestions other than to try again later! :rolleyes:

Its going to take me forever to finish this but at least I finally started haha

How big are your file sizes? I have trouble loading large pictures in my reports at times. I don't really have a good solution. I just keep trying over and over while yelling "load, load, why wont you load" at my computer. Sometimes this does the trick.

I changed the size and yelled at my computer...must have been a combo of the two of them that made it work :)

Following along
Max

:):)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
Before heading to the MK we took a minute to change credit cards on everyone's Magic Bands. When the CM got to Jill she wished her a Happy Birthday and we were all very confused. Her Birthday is in December and we didn't know why it said this on our reservation. It would take me several hours to realize why, but I will save that for later!
This trip to the MK (and this trip in general) was before they changed the security and it was PACKED! You can see it from this picture...
DSC_0311_1.jpg

Still, we waited only about 15 minutes to get through so it wasn't too bad!
When we found out our flight was delayed I asked my Mom and sister if it would be OK if we could do our FP before we ate lunch (even though we would all be starving since we ate breakfast so early) so we did not miss it and they said yes so off to BTMR we went ! On a side note why do I ALWAYS make my first FP on the first day the ride furthest from the entrance so we have to rush there?! Literally, every time!
DSC_0321_1.jpg

Hope everyone is prepared to see 1000 light fixtures again :) Jill and I really stepped up our game this trip
DSC_0322_1.jpg

IMG_2948.jpg

We had a great ride on BTMR! It was closed last time we were here so we were happy to get on it again :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7973558144.jpeg

After riding I fulfilled our promise and let us go eat lunch :) We ended up at Columbia Harbor House which was VERY crowded but we sent Jill to find a table and she had no problem doing so!
DSC_0325_1.jpg

For lunch my Mom had chicken nuggets
DSC_0328_1.jpg

Jill had the Anchors Aweigh sandwich (aka Tuna)
DSC_0329_1.jpg

And I had the Lighthouse Sandwich (hummus)
DSC_0327_1.jpg

We all really enjoyed our meals! I was hoping to try something different at places I usually get chicken nuggets at so I was happy that I tried this yummy sandwich! Jill and I are obsessed with Disney coke so we were especially happy to have some coke on that hot day :)
After eating we actually had to rush a bit to make it to our next FP so off we went to....
DSC_0334_1.jpg

Next up: finishing off the MK!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom