Living close to Disney

HauntedMansionFLA

I grew up by the ocean so living in central Florida is no bother to me. We are an hour from the beach I can visit anytime. We love Disney we are now close to 10 years being close to the Disney area and we have not lost the "magic" feeling. We love the parks and while yes there's no doubt the Mouse House has let us down some days, there's never been a day that's we said lets skip going to Disney.
That's great. I would think id be the same way.

disney4life2008

I agree. I enjoy being able to get in my car and be at Magic Kingdom in 45 minutes, but that novelty wore off about 6 months after I moved down. Nowadays, I save my visits for those times when I've had a rough day at school or work etc. Plus there are lots of other things to do in the area that are more fun and enjoyable than a Disney park.

Lol i live about 40 minutes away on the east side. The best thing is having a horrible day or week then heading to the magic kingdom to make me better lol

disney4life2008

There's literally nothing like being able to leave my office and be parking at Epcot 15 mins later. Talk about a stress relief!

The crazy thing is that before I moved here I had always dreamed of working in Orlando then making a goal of eating at all the disney restaurants. It is easy enough and a value given the expanded passholder discounts. But Orlando city has so many great restaurants I only go to Ohana.

But I will say I love driving down I-4. It makes me smile to know the vacation kingdom is my backyard lol

disneygeek90

The crazy thing is that before I moved here I had always dreamed of working in Orlando then making a goal of eating at all the disney restaurants. It is easy enough and a value given the expanded passholder discounts. But Orlando city has so many great restaurants I only go to Ohana.

But I will say I love driving down I-4. It makes me smile to know the vacation kingdom is my backyard lol
I as well. I grew up in Ohio, moved to Gainesville during high school in 2006, and have bopped around a few different cities in FL for college, varying from 2-3 hours away from Orlando. I always said I eventually wanted to live here, little did I know it would be the location of my first job after getting my Masters! My nearest Publix is the one next to Sea World, always makes me smile while going in and seeing the coasters!

disney4life2008

I as well. I grew up in Ohio, moved to Gainesville during high school in 2006, and have bopped around a few different cities in FL for college, varying from 2-3 hours away from Orlando. I always said I eventually wanted to live here, little did I know it would be the location of my first job after getting my Masters! My nearest Publix is the one next to Sea World, always makes me smile while going in and seeing the coasters!

Same for me first job after graduate school. Publix deli is the best lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom