Mobile ordering and where it will go next.

Bacon

Original Poster
As you know Pandora is getting mobile orders but what about the rest of the resort? where we go
  • ABC Commissary
  • Backlot Express
  • Columbia Harbor House
  • Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe
  • D-Luxe Burger
  • Electric Umbrella
  • Flame Tree Barbecue
  • Liberty Inn
  • Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe
  • Pinocchio Village Haus
  • Pizzafari
  • Restaurantosaurus
  • Satu’li Canteen
  • Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant
  • Tortuga Tavern

Bolt

As you know Pandora is getting mobile orders but what about the rest of the resort? where we go
  • ABC Commissary
  • Backlot Express
  • Columbia Harbor House
  • Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe
  • D-Luxe Burger
  • Electric Umbrella
  • Flame Tree Barbecue
  • Liberty Inn
  • Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe
  • Pinocchio Village Haus
  • Pizzafari
  • Restaurantosaurus
  • Satu’li Canteen
  • Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant
  • Tortuga Tavern
Slightly confused. Is this where it's going or places you eat at?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I don't mind mobile ordering at home (mostly for pizza, when we do that). In the parks, does it really make sense or even that much of a difference? What's the benefit?

Personally, I think there is too much emphasis on "mobile" everything. People can't handle standing in line to order food now??? I weep for the future...

Jon81uk

I don't mind mobile ordering at home (mostly for pizza, when we do that). In the parks, does it really make sense or even that much of a difference? What's the benefit?

No need to stand in line at the cashier is probably the main benefit. Might be a shorter wait if you can just go straight up to the collection counter.
I think I read somewhere that McDonalds is adopting the same system in the UK, order on the app, check in on arrival and collection from the counter.

Dads 2 Boys

Personally, I think there is too much emphasis on "mobile" everything. People can't handle standing in line to order food now??? I weep for the future...

I don't think it's a matter of people "can't" but offer it to people who don't want to wait. I think it's awesome if these are places you want to eat at....especially during peak eating times. Flame tree gets super busy and this will make my life easier.

larandtra

It has some benefit to people. I think for every person against it, there are just as many for it who will use it. Sometimes convenience is a nice thing.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I don't think it's a matter of people "can't" but offer it to people who don't want to wait. I think it's awesome if these are places you want to eat at....especially during peak eating times. Flame tree gets super busy and this will make my life easier.
Look at what happened at Starbucks though. So many people use the mobile app to pre order their coffee and now the line for pick up is waaaay longer than the regular line. It only works when the store is not busy. Removing people from a line does not speed anything up if you still have to produce the same amount of food/drinks/whatever.

Our local Publix now allows you to place your deli order online and then pick it up later. I have walked up to the deli many times and there is no line, but I end up standing their for 5-10 minutes while the one or two deli employees prepare the massive amount of online orders. I have seen people who pre-ordered walk up an wait because their order is not ready, or it was incorrect. You wait either way

matt9112

How do you think I feel God forbid I want table service on the day of....holy hell.

21stamps

Look at what happened at Starbucks though. So many people use the mobile app to pre order their coffee and now the line for pick up is waaaay longer than the regular line. It only works when the store is not busy. Removing people from a line does not speed anything up if you still have to produce the same amount of food/drinks/whatever.

Our local Publix now allows you to place your deli order online and then pick it up later. I have walked up to the deli many times and there is no line, but I end up standing their for 5-10 minutes while the one or two deli employees prepare the massive amount of online orders. I have seen people who pre-ordered walk up an wait because their order is not ready, or it was incorrect. You wait either way
It has some benefit to people. I think for every person against it, there are just as many for it who will use it. Sometimes convenience is a nice thing.
So, inevitably this will lengthen the stand-by wait time. Hmmmm .. sounds familiar..

I was at Chipotle yesterday. I do not understand why people still stand in line.

I have no sympathy for people who don't use technology and then get annoyed when someone walks in front of them. Lol. That sounds bad, but it's true.

Glasgow

Online ordering is great, I think the main point is that all semblance of spontaneity is going going gone. I work in technology and fully appreciate it's appeal and value but man, I sometimes long for doing something off the cuff like we used to do. Nostalgic, perhaps, but also somewhat satisfying to do something unplanned. Just thinking about it makes me feel naughty ..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom