Night of Joy 2017

deeevo

With this new location how will it effect F&W or will it at all? Was planning an adult overnight stay for those dates.

WildcatDen

I recognize nobody in that lineup! are they hip? i know there out of my age range but still
If you are commenting on a Night Of Joy thread and do not know any artists in this list, then you have no idea what Night of Joy is. MercyMe, TobyMac, Amy Grant, Steven Curtis Chapman and Kirk Franklin are some of the most recognizable names in Contemporary Christian Music. In addition, I believe Danny Gokey and Colton Dixon are American Idol contestants. This is a great lineup. MercyMe has performed up here at Kings island for Spirit Song a number of times.

Friday, September 8 – MercyMe, TobyMac, Natalie Grant, Danny Gokey, Matt Maher, Colton Dixon, Rend Collective, Zach Williams.
Saturday, September 9 – Amy Grant, Steven Curtis Chapman, Kirk Franklin, Jordan Feliz, Crowder, Jeremy Camp, Tye Tribbett.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Anyone know how this affects park crowd levels? Our last night is the 8th with dinner at BoG. Worried that a bunch of unruly teens will be let loose on our last day in the parks...

disneygeek90

Anyone know how this affects park crowd levels? Our last night is the 8th with dinner at BoG. Worried that a bunch of unruly teens will be let loose on our last day in the parks...
Considering it's a bunch of Christian artists, I would assume it could be worse when it comes to unruly teens.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Considering it's a bunch of Christian artists, I would assume it could be worse when it comes to unruly teens.

I wish you were right however I have heard many a horror story about the Nights of Joy. I personally don't think this has to do with the religious aspect so much as it has to do with thousands of unsupervised teens surrounded by thousands of unsupervised teens. Because as others have said teens be teens regardless of faith or creed.

disneygeek90

And you would be quite wrong in that assumption. It was a true night of joy for Magic Kingdom cast when it was announced that this event was no longer being held in the park.
Interesting to hear all the negativity about the attendees. I haven't even really heard of this event taking place before. Guess it was never anything that sparked my interest to begin with.

AndyS2992

Now that it's not held in Magic Kingdom, I hope it's popularity drops and the event is discontinued. This is one event Disney doesn't need in my opinion. I always thought mixing Disney with in your face religion was always kinda iffy.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Problem with NoJ is the problem with many Christian youth events: The youth don't want to be there. Christian Youth Groups where the youth attend voluntarily are usually very well behaved. But, if the parents force teens to participate, then they don't have a stake in 'acting Christian'. And when their youth leaders let them out of their sight, they act out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom