News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

D

Deleted member 107043

I "think" it's the edge of the river. Because I see underwater planters for water plants along the same curving edge. Would seem to be a river bank in my mind.

I think you're probably right. Seems as though the river will be a bit narrower than it used to be in this area.

Pam Hates Penguins

20170330_140928.jpg

I don't know if this can be completed by July of this year.

Old Mouseketeer

Heck with July, I'm rooting for June

I wouldn't put money on it. My rebel spies are hearing various reports that July is iffy for Fan!!, much less guest traffic on the river and the island. We could be lucky to see guest traffic before Labor Day, but that's just my guess. And DLRR testing doesn't even start until Sept.

Disney Analyst

I wouldn't put money on it. My rebel spies are hearing various reports that July is iffy for Fan!!, much less guest traffic on the river and the island. We could be lucky to see guest traffic before Labor Day, but that's just my guess. And DLRR testing doesn't even start until Sept.

There isn't that much to do.. finish rock work, paint, fill the river in the back. I can't imagine it wouldn't be done by mid June. That's 2.5 months.

Curious Constance

I physically see the words you typed out, but my brain isn't comprehending their meaning.

Practical Pig

I think you're probably right. Seems as though the river will be a bit narrower than it used to be in this area.

I've been trying to get my bearings on just where that picture falls on the new ROA bank, and I'm now pretty sure it's where the new DLRR route joins the river (which you may already have assumed), in the same place that @jamesv159 illustrated in his post #3901, so that extra depth of bank may closely relate to the old shoreline. The sharp turn suggested in the lower left corner of the photo might be where the new river route starts to deviate from the old. But it's all very disorientating, and I'm not placing any bets.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Wow that ll be weird to just be able to access the Hungry Bear restrooms right off of a path. Definitely drastically changes the ambiance of what was formerly the lower level of the restaurant. That was one of my favorite spots to eat as a kid.

While the cut out for the restroom wasn't expected, but I think it was expected this path would change the ambiance to Hungry Bear. At least for me it was expected. :)

mickEblu

While the cut out for the restroom wasn't expected, but I think it was expected this path would change the ambiance to Hungry Bear. At least for me it was expected. :)

Oh it was absolutely expected. When they first announced SWL, believe it or not this was one of the first things I thought of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom