Solo TS Question

disney4life2008

Original Poster
Has anyone ever dined at Garden Grill at Epcot or Whispering Canyon at WL solo? Im debating on booking both but i know they are family style meals

Tuvalu

Premium Member
They will just bring you a smaller portion of the family-style meal. When I have dined as a couple, less food is on the platters than when I have dined as a party of 4-6.

It's perfectly fine for a solo diner to order an all-you-care-to-enjoy meal. :)

@disney4life2008, you have eaten solo at 'Ohana right? It is similar at Garden Grill or WC.

Tinkerfan4ever

Whispering Canyon - you don't have to order the skillet which is the most family style item on the menu. They have several different options that are just entrees for 1.

It is a fun restaurant - enjoy!

disney4life2008

Original Poster
They will just bring you a smaller portion of the family-style meal. When I have dined as a couple, less food is on the platters than when I have dined as a party of 4-6.

It's perfectly fine for a solo diner to order an all-you-care-to-enjoy meal. :)

@disney4life2008, you have eaten solo at 'Ohana right? It is similar at Garden Grill or WC.

Whispering Canyon - you don't have to order the skillet which is the most family style item on the menu. They have several different options that are just entrees for 1.

It is a fun restaurant - enjoy!

Thanks. Yes, i would get the skillet. Even though I am one, i can eat like 5.

Simba's Mom

I did Garden Grill solo. They just bring smaller portions but will bring you more of anything that you want.

So if I want more of one item, they'll bring me more even though I haven't eaten all of everything else? Or do they do like at home-finish everything served before you get anything more.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
So if I want more of one item, they'll bring me more even though I haven't eaten all of everything else? Or do they do like at home-finish everything served before you get anything more.
You don't have to finish (or even eat at all) everything before requesting seconds. And if you know in advance there is something you won't eat (for us it was sweet potato fries) tell your server not to bring any. Voila, no food wasted!

disney4life2008

Original Poster

You don't have to finish (or even eat at all) everything before requesting seconds. And if you know in advance there is something you won't eat (for us it was sweet potato fries) tell your server not to bring any. Voila, no food wasted!

They chef is usually very accommodating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom