Club 32 - Villains Land, Fantasyland Project

Daveeeeed

Slightly modified -- added a bit more.
Bottom left could be where World's Fair Land is and Tomorrowland connects to that. The World fair land would obviously be much deeper, I'm just playing with some sight lines. There probably should be a better transition between Tomorrowland and Critter Country though. We could also flip sides for he Villians land. The castle could have a courtyard in front and not on the side. And from there you could go inside a mountain on the side. We probably should have The Villians land on the left side the more I think about it, but it would involve flipping New York Street etc. Again this is just to connect my thoughts with you guys. This is just to get an idea.
IMG_6490.JPG

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Slightly modified -- added a bit more.
Bottom left could be where World's Fair Land is and Tomorrowland connects to that. The World fair land would obviously be much deeper, I'm just playing with some sight lines. There probably should be a better transition between Tomorrowland and Critter Country though. We could also flip sides for he Villians land. The castle could have a courtyard in front and not on the side. And from there you could go inside a mountain on the side. We probably should have The Villians land on the left side the more I think about it, but it would involve flipping New York Street etc. Again this is just to connect my thoughts with you guys. This is just to get an idea.
View attachment 195630
Love this map David! Great placement too!

FigmentPigments

We could have a below grade walk through attraction that takes you from fantasia to the villains land. They help keep a park well rounded, and I think by having almost a portal that would be very neat.
I'm on board with this!
@spacemt354 do you think the walk through interactive area I mentioned earlier would be a candidate for this?

FigmentPigments

I have an idea for Adventureland that would be heavily reliant upon SEA. Perhaps we should honestly have a separate Pirate land like Pirate Cove / Adventure Isle split. Or maybe we could not have Pirates at all and just use them at a second park at this resort.
I think someone mentioned doing a whole SEA land which would be super cool!

Pirates I can take it or leave it. There's some great ideas we could use with pirates but sometimes it ends up taking over a land.

Disney Dad 3000

Been kind of a crazy work week and getting kiddo ready for t-ball season, so haven't had a chance to fully flesh out this idea for Villains Academy. Here's what I have so far. Not entirely sure I'm crazy about it, but figured I'd post. Gearing this as a family based ride and a little light hearted. Tried to use some villains that wouldn't have a presence in FL to limit overlap.

Villains Academy
Low key, track based dark ride
No height requirements
Each vehicle will be geared to hold 4 adults or potentially up to 6 people if small children are boarding.

Background
The World of Disney has been filled with countless villains over the years. Many have had their successes, but in the end they’ve ultimately failed. What happens to these ne ’r do wells though after their failed plans? Most are never heard from again with our last images of them doing hard labor or being banished into other realms, or teeny tiny living spaces.

After 25 years of piracy, poisoning and pilfering, enough was enough.
Established in the spring of 1962, the Disney Villains Academy officially opened its doors.
Mission Statement: To try and find happily ever after for everyone. Yes, we know, we have our work cut out for us.

Meet & Greet
Adjacent to the ride entry will be M&G with a small rotating cast of Disney Villains

Queue
The exterior of the attraction will be an older ivy covered building and similar styling to the Haunted Mansion nearby. Guests will enter through large covered archways that serve as both the front entrance of the academy and the starting point of the queue.

Along the way you’ll see some of the success stories (before and after picture of Prince John sucking his thumb and then a more regal Prince John). You’ll also pass through the Relic Room. Many of the villains tools of evil are stored here as a reminder of where they came from. Among the items displayed are Cruella’s smashed up roadster and the spinning wheel from Cinderella.

As you enter the latter portion of the queue you are greeted by a life size Dean Hardscrabble, the current head of the academy.

“Welcome to the Disney Villains Academy. I would thank you for coming, but I don’t have time for such nonsense. I’m here to ensure that these students are properly rehabilitated so that they can try and do some good in the world to rectify all of the problems they’ve caused. “

“We’ve had some successes over the years, and many of our graduates have gone on to do great things. We have a few though that have proven more difficult than others and after many…….many years, we still have work to do. “

“You are going to meet some of these students today, but beware, everything is not as it seems. While they appear to be on the right track, they are just as evil as ever and will stop at nothing to leave these gates. Be on guard at all times.”

“We’ve had to go above and beyond in our training for some of our students, so you may encounter a few parts of the academy that require a spell or two. Fear not, we’ve not lost one guest yet”

After the parting words from the Dean, guests will make their way to the loading area.

Ride
Synopsis: Visitors will be taking a tour of the academy, seeing many Disney Villains up close and personal. As a background story of the ride, Cruella/Horace/Jasper from 101 Dalmations are met early on and tag on with the tour to attempt an escape from the Academy.
Scene 1
Grand Foyer of the Academy
Scene 2
Dormitories Cruella/Horace/Jasper escape plan
They will have minor pop up presence in each of the following rooms as they attempt an escape
Scene 3
Lamp room with Jafar/Giant Iago
Scene 4
Kitchen scene with Evil Queen and Hades on kitchen duty
Scene 5
Dining Hall
Scene 6
Classroom
Scene 7
Finale

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Been kind of a crazy work week and getting kiddo ready for t-ball season, so haven't had a chance to fully flesh out this idea for Villains Academy. Here's what I have so far. Not entirely sure I'm crazy about it, but figured I'd post. Gearing this as a family based ride and a little light hearted. Tried to use some villains that wouldn't have a presence in FL to limit overlap.

Villains Academy
Low key, track based dark ride
No height requirements
Each vehicle will be geared to hold 4 adults or potentially up to 6 people if small children are boarding.

Background
The World of Disney has been filled with countless villains over the years. Many have had their successes, but in the end they’ve ultimately failed. What happens to these ne ’r do wells though after their failed plans? Most are never heard from again with our last images of them doing hard labor or being banished into other realms, or teeny tiny living spaces.

After 25 years of piracy, poisoning and pilfering, enough was enough.
Established in the spring of 1962, the Disney Villains Academy officially opened its doors.
Mission Statement: To try and find happily ever after for everyone. Yes, we know, we have our work cut out for us.

Meet & Greet
Adjacent to the ride entry will be M&G with a small rotating cast of Disney Villains

Queue
The exterior of the attraction will be an older ivy covered building and similar styling to the Haunted Mansion nearby. Guests will enter through large covered archways that serve as both the front entrance of the academy and the starting point of the queue.

Along the way you’ll see some of the success stories (before and after picture of Prince John sucking his thumb and then a more regal Prince John). You’ll also pass through the Relic Room. Many of the villains tools of evil are stored here as a reminder of where they came from. Among the items displayed are Cruella’s smashed up roadster and the spinning wheel from Cinderella.

As you enter the latter portion of the queue you are greeted by a life size Dean Hardscrabble, the current head of the academy.

“Welcome to the Disney Villains Academy. I would thank you for coming, but I don’t have time for such nonsense. I’m here to ensure that these students are properly rehabilitated so that they can try and do some good in the world to rectify all of the problems they’ve caused. “

“We’ve had some successes over the years, and many of our graduates have gone on to do great things. We have a few though that have proven more difficult than others and after many…….many years, we still have work to do. “

“You are going to meet some of these students today, but beware, everything is not as it seems. While they appear to be on the right track, they are just as evil as ever and will stop at nothing to leave these gates. Be on guard at all times.”

“We’ve had to go above and beyond in our training for some of our students, so you may encounter a few parts of the academy that require a spell or two. Fear not, we’ve not lost one guest yet”

After the parting words from the Dean, guests will make their way to the loading area.

Ride
Synopsis: Visitors will be taking a tour of the academy, seeing many Disney Villains up close and personal. As a background story of the ride, Cruella/Horace/Jasper from 101 Dalmations are met early on and tag on with the tour to attempt an escape from the Academy.
Scene 1
Grand Foyer of the Academy
Scene 2
Dormitories Cruella/Horace/Jasper escape plan
They will have minor pop up presence in each of the following rooms as they attempt an escape
Scene 3
Lamp room with Jafar/Giant Iago
Scene 4
Kitchen scene with Evil Queen and Hades on kitchen duty
Scene 5
Dining Hall
Scene 6
Classroom
Scene 7
Finale
Fantastic job with this so far -- I really like the direction you've taken with it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom