Evening EMH is BACK at Animal Kingdom in a limited form

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Thanks for posting the official announcement.

What does this sentence mean... "This benefit is in addition to the Extra Magic Hours already available to you at Disney’s Animal Kingdom."? Or is that just in there to confuse us forum people?
Think they are trying to say it doesn't replace morning EMH at DAK.

Thorphin

Think they are trying to say it doesn't replace morning EMH at DAK.

Yeah I suppose. Seems obvious to me that evening EMH wouldn't affect pre-existing morning EMH, but I guess not to others.

Now we just have to figure out why the official announcement uses "select Walt Disney World Resort hotels" instead of "all Walt Disney World Resort hotels". At least until resort guests start receiving the email informing them of availability and posting about it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Now we just have to figure out why the official announcement uses "select Walt Disney World Resort hotels" instead of "all Walt Disney World Resort hotels". At least until resort guests start receiving the email informing them of availability and posting about it.
I think that wording is fairly standard in a lot of their material relating to EMH.

Thorphin

I think that wording is fairly standard in a lot of their material relating to EMH.

Good point. Now I see that https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/planning-guides/in-depth-advice/extended-theme-park-hours/ uses the same "select" language. I'm not aware of any Walt Disney World hotels ever being excluded from EMH (well, at least not any Disney-owned ones or the Swolphin), so it's likely true that it's all disney resort guests all of the nights.

Which is a heck of a lot of people for one small area! Anyway, I'm thankful to have the opportunity to check it out.

Roakor

Also love how additional Evening EMHs are being featured after DHS's EEMHs went away. DHS losing their evening hours was supposed to be the first sign of the EMH extinction apocalypse. And here we are with them being expanded again.

I really don't see them ever getting rid of EMHs, its far too big of a draw to get people to stay on site.

ToTBellHop

I really don't see them ever getting rid of EMHs, its far too big of a draw to get people to stay on site.
They've wanted to, but I think you are right. There isn't enough FP+ capacity to just offer us more FPs per day. An extra ride on Figment is hardly marketable.

In this case, they are heavily marketing Pandora and this is a great way to get you into a resort. Expect the same when Star Wars Land opens.

floridagirl57

Are evening EMH's even worth the cost of staying on site? Trying to decide if I should keep a reservation for CSR the first weekend of June. It pains me to pay almost $200 for a glorified motel (I hate exterior hallways), especially if the evening EMH will be incredibly crowded. I've never been to a evening EMH so any advice is appreciated.

HairyLegPirate

Are evening EMH's even worth the cost of staying on site? Trying to decide if I should keep a reservation for CSR the first weekend of June. It pains me to pay almost $200 for a glorified motel (I hate exterior hallways), especially if the evening EMH will be incredibly crowded. I've never been to a evening EMH so any advice is appreciated.
In my experience, evening EMH can be really useful for a lot of parks, Magic Kingdom in particular, due to the high number of rides that stay open to disperse already smaller crowds. And the later it gets, the more people go home. I remember being in MK at 3AM and walking on literally everything.

However, for Animal Kingdom evening EMH, it's harder to say as they're still fairly new (I've never been). Also, I think it's fair to assume that Pandora is going to be a mob scene at least for the earlier part of the evening. Maybe by midnight it will thin out, but even then it's hard to say for sure. Maybe someone else here will be able to help you better for Animal Kingdom specifically.

Overall, EMH is always one of my favorite parts of the day IF the crowd thins out enough and you're willing to commit to being in the park until the have to throw you out haha.

JohnD

Yes, according to the info from the Swan and Dolphin, it does suggest that it may be limited to just Pandora.

Evening EMH stretching along the southern half of AK from Pandora to Everest (away from the animals) would be great.

floridagirl57

In my experience, evening EMH can be really useful for a lot of parks, Magic Kingdom in particular, due to the high number of rides that stay open to disperse already smaller crowds. And the later it gets, the more people go home. I remember being in MK at 3AM and walking on literally everything.

However, for Animal Kingdom evening EMH, it's harder to say as they're still fairly new (I've never been). Also, I think it's fair to assume that Pandora is going to be a mob scene at least for the earlier part of the evening. Maybe by midnight it will thin out, but even then it's hard to say for sure. Maybe someone else here will be able to help you better for Animal Kingdom specifically.

Overall, EMH is always one of my favorite parts of the day IF the crowd thins out enough and you're willing to commit to being in the park until the have to throw you out haha.

Thanks! My thought process is if I keep this room, I'm going to have to fully commit to evening EMH and stay until 1 am. I'm a local AP holder (1.5 hrs away) and this will be my last chance to experience Pandora before my blackout dates take effect. Hopefully others can report back on evening EMH as they experience it when the park opens.

doctornick

Evening EMH stretching along the southern half of AK from Pandora to Everest (away from the animals) would be great.

I'd like to see that be an option at some point -- Pandora + Dinoland + Everest + Discovery Island (ITTBAB/Awakenings) and maybe one late showing of RoL would be a decent option for a late night EMH going forward.

Does anyone know if they have considering switching a morning EMH at DAK to an evening one in the future? This would put it in line with the other parks in terms of the EMH structure.

HauntedMansionFLA

I'd like to see that be an option at some point -- Pandora + Dinoland + Everest + Discovery Island (ITTBAB/Awakenings) and maybe one late showing of RoL would be a decent option for a late night EMH going forward.

Does anyone know if they have considering switching a morning EMH at DAK to an evening one in the future? This would put it in line with the other parks in terms of the EMH structure.
Hopefully not. I love the morning EMH at DAK. You can knock so much the first one to two hours before the crowds with kids make it to the parks. This past December, we did the morning EMH without using FP and did everything with ease. We saved our FP's for that evening at the MK - the parks were packed with families although it was the first of the month and they should have been in school. We didn't do the DHS Sunday morning EMH but it probably would be the same results.

ToTBellHop

Hopefully not. I love the morning EMH at DAK. You can knock so much the first one to two hours before the crowds with kids make it to the parks. This past December, we did the morning EMH without using FP and did everything with ease. We saved our FP's for that evening at the MK - the parks were packed with families although it was the first of the month and they should have been in school. We didn't do the DHS Sunday morning EMH but it probably would be the same results.
Right, but why should DAK have two MEMH per week? I doubt many people go early on Saturday and then again Monday. Now the park has a reason to stay open late.

HauntedMansionFLA

Right, but why should DAK have two MEMH per week? I doubt many people go early on Saturday and then again Monday. Now the park has a reason to stay open late.
True. I didn't realize there was a Saturday morning EMH. I was going by personal experience. Hopefully they keep at least the Monday version. Disney sometimes changes it up. The MK had morning EMH Sunday through Friday in mid-April (7:00 EMH opening). I had a co-worker go at this time and it made their trip enjoyable (they had a three year old)

nickys

Premium Member

Because of Pandora. The tier system means you can't book fastpasses for both new rides unless you visit twice. So 2 morning emh days a week allows people to do just that whilst taking advantage of emh too, and then hop to another park. 2 half days rather than 1 full day.

ToTBellHop

Because of Pandora. The tier system means you can't book fastpasses for both new rides unless you visit twice. So 2 morning emh days a week allows people to do just that whilst taking advantage of emh too, and then hop to another park. 2 half days rather than 1 full day.
Why couldn't you grab a FP for one on one morning and the other for one evening (and see the land at night)?

nickys

Premium Member
Why couldn't you grab a FP for one on one morning and the other for one evening (and see the land at night)?

No reason at all! But at the moment AK is open until 11 every day, and until 1am for Pandora emh. When do you suggest they add evening emh at the moment ;)?

Morning emh tends to work better for families with youngish kids though, so whilst they're having such crazy hours for Pandora at night, maybe they're trying to cater to families too.

ToTBellHop

No reason at all! But at the moment AK is open until 11 every day, and until 1am for Pandora emh. When do you suggest they add evening emh at the moment ;)?

Morning emh tends to work better for families with youngish kids though, so whilst they're having such crazy hours for Pandora at night, maybe they're trying to cater to families too.
I'm thinking beyond the next 7 weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom