Water parks

PrincessL

Original Poster
I just watched a YouTube for the new Miss Adventure at Typoon lagoon and it looks awesome! I think my kids would enjoy that ride. However, I always thought we were too young for the water parks but maybe not. Would you recommend Typhoon lagoon or Blizzard beach for 2,4 and 6 year olds? Keeping in mind none of them are strong swimmers. If so which park and why? Thanks!

KrzyKtty

I took my son when he was 4 to Blizzard Beach (my preferred). We also have a water park here at home we get season passes to every year since my daughter was a baby (now 3). At Blizzard beach we just stuck to the rides that my son was tall enough for and had him wear a life jacket in case.

At home, my daughter was still able to enjoy the water park. Most have a baby/toddler section for them to enjoy. She also plays in the lazy river and the wave pool. Once again we just have her wear a life jacket when appropriate. We also split up for short periods so that my son can ride some of the larger rides with one parent at a time.

I'm not sure when you are going, but maybe also look into YMCA type swim lessons for the 6 year old just in case?

PrincessL

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice! My 6 and 4 year old have been doing swim lessons at our Y all winter...to no avail:hilarious: They are comfortable in the water just can't swim on their own. Some private lessons this summer and I think they will both be in good shape... but we leave the day after school lets out 5/27 for WDW.

We've been to one indoor water park with the two of them and DS6 absolutely loves it. I just get anxious with bringing all 3 of them and DH and I being out numbered lol!
I took my son when he was 4 to Blizzard Beach (my preferred). We also have a water park here at home we get season passes to every year since my daughter was a baby (now 3). At Blizzard beach we just stuck to the rides that my son was tall enough for and had him wear a life jacket in case.

At home, my daughter was still able to enjoy the water park. Most have a baby/toddler section for them to enjoy. She also plays in the lazy river and the wave pool. Once again we just have her wear a life jacket when appropriate. We also split up for short periods so that my son can ride some of the larger rides with one parent at a time.

I'm not sure when you are going, but maybe also look into YMCA type swim lessons for the 6 year old just in case?

Does Blizzard beach have a lot of zero entry areas? And places for the younger kids?

KrzyKtty

Thanks for the advice! My 6 and 4 year old have been doing swim lessons at our Y all winter...to no avail:hilarious: They are comfortable in the water just can't swim on their own. Some private lessons this summer and I think they will both be in good shape... but we leave the day after school lets out 5/27 for WDW.

We've been to one indoor water park with the two of them and DS6 absolutely loves it. I just get anxious with bringing all 3 of them and DH and I being out numbered lol!

Does Blizzard beach have a lot of zero entry areas? And places for the younger kids?

I haven't been since 2012. Back when I was there the wave pool was zero entry. Also for the little ones there was Tikes' Peak. They also had free life jackets I believe.

WDWDreamer4

We took our kids last September to Blizzard Beach for the first time, they were 6,4, & 2. They had a blast. We set up camp in the Tike's Peak area which was full of slides and zero entry areas for kids. All 3 of my kids found enough to do the whole day. My DS, who was 6, was big enough to venture off and ride bigger stuff with me while DH stayed with the girls. My 4 year was free range around the Tikes Peak area and did all the slides she could. My 4 & 2 year old could not swim on their own, but the kid area was shallow enough they didn't need to. Go do it! It was so much fun!

PrincessL

Original Poster
We took our kids last September to Blizzard Beach for the first time, they were 6,4, & 2. They had a blast. We set up camp in the Tike's Peak area which was full of slides and zero entry areas for kids. All 3 of my kids found enough to do the whole day. My DS, who was 6, was big enough to venture off and ride bigger stuff with me while DH stayed with the girls. My 4 year was free range around the Tikes Peak area and did all the slides she could. My 4 & 2 year old could not swim on their own, but the kid area was shallow enough they didn't need to. Go do it! It was so much fun!
Thanks! Nice to hear some first hand experience with 3 kids the same ages:) We have a resort day planned in the middle of our upcoming trip that I have penciled in for a water park. Sounds like Blizzard beach is the way to go if we do! You may have just sold me! DH keeps bringing it up so we will see if he wants to put the $$ where his mouth is:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom