Any scenes with a hanging in rides at Magic Kingdom?

CinciMomOf4

Original Poster
This may sound a bit morbid, but do any of the rides at the Magic Kingdom show someone hanging? I thinnk I remember something in the Haunted Mansion but don't remember for sure. I am looking to avoid any scenes of this sort. Thanks in advance

mikeh

This may sound a bit morbid, but do any of the rides at the Magic Kingdom show someone hanging? I thinnk I remember something in the Haunted Mansion but don't remember for sure. I am looking to avoid any scenes of this sort. Thanks in advance

Just the stretching room in the Haunted Mansion pre-show. Close your eyes when the lights go out and you'll avoid it

lazyboy97o

The Haunted Mansion also has the portrait of the Ghost Host in the Corridor of Doors. He is not hanging, but he does have the noose around his neck.

rodserling27

Hey, I think there are some attractions that could benefit from a hanging scene! ;) But no, the only one where someone is truly hanged is Haunted Mansion.

Bairstow

What an odd question.

Anyway, as part of the loop just before the drop in splash mountain, Br'er Fox threatens to hang Br'er Rabbit.

290adfa54947dc7beea28e3a1d48101b.jpg

GlassHalfFull

having a very close friend whose brother committed suicide by hanging, I don't find this question odd.. His brother and sister(who found him in the basement at a young age) would have had an issue with seeing anything similar for years.. Or another family friend who tried to avoid reference to drownings because they lost an Uncle who drowned, I think these situations, especially when kids are involved are not uncommon.

I'm not saying this is the same situation, but knowing people that want to avoid these things for their kids over the years, I don't think this is as uncommon as some would think..

I do not advocate removing them from the park(neither have the others who may be affected by these types of incidents) When people ask though, to avoid the situations, I think there is plenty of ways to accommodate that and let them know some things they may avoid, or shield eyes from to avoid any issues.

Last edited:

Castle Cake Apologist

Watch Song of the South

What does that have to do with anything? What @Bairstow said is correct, and contributes an answer to the OP's question. On Splash Mountain, right before the big drop where Br'er Rabbit is tied up, the silhouette of Br'er Fox has a rotating variety of threatening dialogues that play on a loop. One of these is something along the lines of "Well, Br'er Rabbit, maybe I'll just have to hang ya!" I believe there's also one that says he should roast him and a few others. This is a clear reference to hanging in an attraction, which is what was asked.

Goofyernmost

Just Haunted Mansion, and just in that one split second of light flash. If you aren't looking up you don't even see it. I know I went a number of times in the early years before I ever knew it existed. Never knew I was supposed to look up. Even when I did see it the first time, it happened so fast that I wasn't sure what I saw.

Captain Barbossa

What does that have to do with anything? What @Bairstow said is correct, and contributes an answer to the OP's question. On Splash Mountain, right before the big drop where Br'er Rabbit is tied up, the silhouette of Br'er Fox has a rotating variety of threatening dialogues that play on a loop. One of these is something along the lines of "Well, Br'er Rabbit, maybe I'll just have to hang ya!" I believe there's also one that says he should roast him and a few others. This is a clear reference to hanging in an attraction, which is what was asked.
Ok my bad, but the OP specifically asked about scences in attractions that contained a figure with a noose around its neck being hung. Not audio or other references like the one in Splash you mentioned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom