Minor missing show effect that bugs you

katiz

This thread is killing me because I can't recall everything that is being pointed out and of course I want to see it now! I'm not going back until November! All of the little things are intriguing though, just enough to make us annoyed but not mad!

GVentola

Well, a few minutes ago I took AndyS2992's advice and wrote Disney World about the missing Roman Chariot in Spaceship Earth, and while I was at it, mentioned the blank TV screen where they used to have footage of the moon landing. I plan on keeping you'll posted if anything happens. Maybe we can change the World! (Walt Disney World, that is.) This thread has been fun, and I found myself relating to my fellow forum posters more than I had in any other thread. Thanks to Retroman40 for starting this thread. My biggest fear is that they treat this as a creative suggestion instead of a complaint and refuse to look at my e-mail. That's happened to me before.

HMF

Well, a few minutes ago I took AndyS2992's advice and wrote Disney World about the missing Roman Chariot in Spaceship Earth, and while I was at it, mentioned the blank TV screen where they used to have footage of the moon landing. I plan on keeping you'll posted if anything happens. Maybe we can change the World! (Walt Disney World, that is.) This thread has been fun, and I found myself relating to my fellow forum posters more than I had in any other thread. Thanks to Retroman40 for starting this thread. My biggest fear is that they treat this as a creative suggestion instead of a complaint and refuse to look at my e-mail. That's happened to me before.
The Roman Chariot was turned off on purpose. I doubt fan complaints will change WDI's mind. Otherwise we would actually have a descent by now.

HMF

Im waiting in line for Kilomanjaro Safari right now and noticed a sign that said "Come meet big red and little red." This is obviously a reference to the elephants that were featured in the finale of the ride. I wonder why they were taken out.
Mostly because it felt sort of tacked on.

danyoung56

I would honestly only want the chariot back if it was significantly improved. The original effect looked terrible, it very much looked like an 80s projection effect. Try to see it outside the lens of nostalgia.

Gotta add in here that this was one of my favorite effects. Don't know why - it wasn't about the quality of the effect, which was just a cheesy animation. But it fit the scene so well.

Animewarsdude

Im waiting in line for Kilomanjaro Safari right now and noticed a sign that said "Come meet big red and little red." This is obviously a reference to the elephants that were featured in the finale of the ride. I wonder why they were taken out.

Big red was taken out since it was deemed disturbing, though I think they took that out after the soft opening. As for well everything else, little red, poachers, broken bridge, story, I think they just gave most people what they wanted that being the animals and taking out the parts that required more maintenance, AAs and show effects.

cyanaye

It was not a financial reason. Some High-ranking Imagineer thought it looked cheesy and had it turned off, They could bring it back tonight if someone would just turn it on. As for the 20K playing in the cinema. That whole cinema scene is now just one screen with a newsreel about Jesse Owens winning the 4 Olympic gold medals in Germany with the woman in the booth reading a newspaper about it (Which I think should get her fired but that's just me.) There are a lot of relatively minor issues I have with the ascent. The Descent and Narration are horrible though and the music is just OK as opposed to the majestic 1994 score.
shes actually reading the same news paper about the civil war being over if im not mistaken

HMF

shes actually reading the same news paper about the civil war being over if im not mistaken
No, that would not work with the timeline as that was a few scenes earlier and Cinema had yet to be invented when that happened. The newspaper explicitly says "Owens wins gold".

ppete1975

IS it me or has Disney gotten away from smells on rides... seems almost every ride used to have lots of smells like the burning in spaceship earth.. I don't remember them doing it on any new rides and seems if it breaks they don't fix it. Really seemed to set moods and not something you see any where else.

EDIT minus soaring ....

ppete1975

I miss the old gift shop at epcot centorium. It was sooooo awesome. And it felt like epcot.. half of the store if I remember (I was little) had science labs and nasa related stuff you could buy (educational toys). Now it seems like every gift shop minus the world showcase at most of the parks is the same, some even shared from Disneyland (Disney parks ick). I remember being a kid and each land had its own souvenirs.

disneygeek90

IS it me or has Disney gotten away from smells on rides... seems almost every ride used to have lots of smells like the burning in spaceship earth.. I don't remember them doing it on any new rides and seems if it breaks they don't fix it. Really seemed to set moods and not something you see any where else.

EDIT minus soaring ....
It's Tough to be a Bug, Phillar Magic, Figment, Soarin and Spaceship Earth are what I'm coming up with now. They may not be super new but... they're there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom