working out for Disney

Sans Souci

Sympathy like. Somrtimes if there isn't staining or other obvious signs even good inspectors can miss them:cautious:

I'm just annoyed, part of my ceiling burst open and water went everywhere. We do have roofers coming in tomorrow for an estimate, but now I think I am going to need Serv Pro to come in and fix a large part of the ceiling. It might be storm/wind damage. Hopefully, if it is, home insurance will cover it.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did light workout today since I did that crazy workout yesterday. I just put together a bunch of short and light workouts. Yesterday's workout stayed me! I slept past the alarm this morning and I never do that. LOL It took me forever to fire up all of cylinders. :hilarious:

Sans Souci

Happy Friday-

I am taking a rest day. :)

My husband was off today and we went to an Indian buffet for lunch. It was ok, but husband goes to this place with work a lot and raves about it. I don't know, I've had better.

Fridays are my weigh in days and I am down two lbs. today.

I had to cancel our European cruise, since the final payment is due next week and our other house hasn't sold yet. Boo.

We've been having roofers come in to give estimates and they previous owners put torch roofing in and it was done incorrectly in this one area. It is where the previous owners made an addition to the house. One guy says he can repair it more torch, the other one is telling us to use shingles. I don't know.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Checking in late with weights and 6 LS miles. I almost forgot what today was and the guys want corned beef:hungover: Good thing I have my handy dandy pressure cooker:hilarious: Lunch was left over curry and dinner will be cabbage with white beans, time to get creative:banghead:

Sans Souci

Good evening-

Today I did workouts from some of the streaming sites I subscribe to. I figure since I am paying a monthly fee, I should use them more. So, I did a bit of cardio and followed it up with a pilates lower body workout.

We're getting our roof fixed tomorrow. When it started leaking, my husband texted the previous owner to ask the name of the company and if there was a warranty. We were told the roof was 5 years old in the disclosure. So, far it's crickets chirping, and since it was installed incorrectly, I am thinking either he did it or a buddy did it. It is a very unique and beautiful house, but if I had known things like this and the wiring being installed correctly, we would have asked them to fix these issues before going through with the sale. (We did have a inspection, too. Useless.) LOL

It's drizzly and dreary here, so it's the perfect night to curl up under a blanket on the couch and rent a movie, :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good evening-

Today I did workouts from some of the streaming sites I subscribe to. I figure since I am paying a monthly fee, I should use them more. So, I did a bit of cardio and followed it up with a pilates lower body workout.

We're getting our roof fixed tomorrow. When it started leaking, my husband texted the previous owner to ask the name of the company and if there was a warranty. We were told the roof was 5 years old in the disclosure. So, far it's crickets chirping, and since it was installed incorrectly, I am thinking either he did it or a buddy did it. It is a very unique and beautiful house, but if I had known things like this and the wiring being installed correctly, we would have asked them to fix these issues before going through with the sale. (We did have a inspection, too. Useless.) LOL

It's drizzly and dreary here, so it's the perfect night to curl up under a blanket on the couch and rent a movie, :)
Good luck with the roof

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning and happy zen day. Just a short bit of sweaty yoga but I'm finally going to be able to get out so as soon as I can I'm going "shopping". I have to get groceries but I'm also going to do mall walking, walk around Target and Walmart and I may hit a few other stores just to be out:confused: This shut in thing has gotten very old very quickly!

Sans Souci

Hello-
I am in with a spinning workout followed by a pilates upper body workout.

The roof is done! :) My husband texted the previous owner again, because he went though the sale paper work. During the walk through before we closed, we asked the owner for the warranty for the roof. Our lawyer flagged that for us. The previous owner said he'd give it to us. We got side lined with moving in. So he told my husband that it's out fault we didn't chase him up and as far as he's concerned, he's done with the issue. Honestly, I don't think there was ever a warranty or an invoice, because a buddy did it. :rolleyes:

We've been getting their mail since August, including packages and at least once a month, I get people knocking on my door looking for the photography studio. They used to run the studio out of the house. We have asked over and over again to remove the studio name off of the address on Google. We can't, since it's their business.

I'm not collecting any more of their mail, it's going back in the mailbox marked "Return to sender." :hilarious:

But the roof is done and it was done correctly. That's all that matters. :)

Sans Souci

Good morning and happy zen day. Just a short bit of sweaty yoga but I'm finally going to be able to get out so as soon as I can I'm going "shopping". I have to get groceries but I'm also going to do mall walking, walk around Target and Walmart and I may hit a few other stores just to be out:confused: This shut in thing has gotten very old very quickly!

I'm glad you got out. I remember what it's like to feel house bound from living outside of Chicago--from the blizzards and the below zero temps with nasty wind chills. :coldfeet: Remember that polar vortex from three years ago? I didn't leave the house then and my son's school was closed for three days straight. I'll bet it was even too cold for our @MinnieM123. ;):hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hello-

The roof is done! :) My husband texted the previous owner again, because he went though the sale paper work. During the walk through before we closed, we asked the owner for the warranty for the roof. Our lawyer flagged that for us. The previous owner said he'd give it to us. We got side lined with moving in. So he told my husband that it's out fault we didn't chase him up and as far as he's concerned, he's done with the issue. Honestly, I don't think there was ever a warranty or an invoice, because a buddy did it. :rolleyes:

We've been getting their mail since August, including packages and at least once a month, I get people knocking on my door looking for the photography studio. They used to run the studio out of the house. We have asked over and over again to remove the studio name off of the address on Google. We can't, since it's their business.

I'm not collecting any more of their mail, it's going back in the mailbox marked "Return to sender." :hilarious:

If I'm not mistaken, if you put your name on your mailbox, the post office is legally bound to deliver mail ONLY to the name or names on the mailbox. Also, (if you haven't already) put a large note on the mailbox to the mail carrier to not deliver to that other person's business name. As for the previous homeowners there, I'm surprised they haven't updated their web site--obviously, they're losing business customers by not updating. :rolleyes:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

You're much nicer than I am, it would have started getting sent back in October!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning JM's Extreme Shed and Shred. I may have mentioned she's just a bit evil LOL Seeing the boys ate all the food I cooked for storm prep I have to cook today:grumpy:(I was hoping to have just one meal left in the freezer:rolleyes:) Oh well what can you do. Peppers were on sale so I'm going to make a giant pot of veggie chili, a roaster full of sausage, chicken, peppers, onions and potatoes and some veggie shepards pie.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yesterday in my travels I got a new kitchen toy:joyfull: an OXO salad spinner:inlove:. That's one thing I never got myself, I have no clue how I missed that with all the greens we eat:facepalm::hilarious::confused: I tried it out and it does get greens much drier than laying them out and patting them dry, much faster also:joyfull::inlove::happy:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yesterday in my travels I got a new kitchen toy:joyfull: an OXO salad spinner:inlove:. That's one thing I never got myself, I have no clue how I missed that with all the greens we eat:facepalm::hilarious::confused: I tried it out and it does get greens much drier than laying them out and patting them dry, much faster also:joyfull::inlove::happy:

I'm shocked that you never had one with all the veggies you guys eat!!! o_O Even I have one. :jawdrop:

Yes, they're fast and really spin out the water from the produce, and save you from using a bunch of paper towels to dry off the greens. :cool:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm shocked that you never had one with all the veggies you guys eat!!! o_O Even I have one. :jawdrop:

Yes, they're fast and really spin out the water from the produce, and save you from using a bunch of paper towels to dry off the greens. :cool:
I know shocking:eek: it was something that just seemed to keep getting put off:hilarious: Every time I remembered to put it on my list it was a week I didn't want to spend more than I absolutely had to or the store I was at was out.:confused:

Sans Souci

If I'm not mistaken, if you put your name on your mailbox, the post office is legally bound to deliver mail ONLY to the name or names on the mailbox. Also, (if you haven't already) put a large note on the mailbox to the mail carrier to not deliver to that other person's business name. As for the previous homeowners there, I'm surprised they haven't updated their web site--obviously, they're losing business customers by not updating. :rolleyes:

If you Google our address for directions, the name of their studio pops up. If I go to Facebook on my phone, I get asked if I want to check in to their studio, since that is where I am. It's crazy. LOL

Sans Souci

You're much nicer than I am, it would have started getting sent back in October!

It didn't seem like a big deal and I guess we made the assumption that they were decent people. The roof thing was a condition of the sale. We could not postpone the closing any longer. Our stuff was a day away from delivery and we would have had to store it until he produced this invoice. They were very disorganized. They were late to the closing, because neither one could find their driver's licenses to produce to prove identity. I can see one person misplacing their DL, but both of them? I think they both like to take hits from the bong. :hilarious:

Once the fall came, you should have seen the stuff that was hidden in bushes that they left behind in the yard! Rusty wheelbarrow, all sorts of wood scraps from projects, quartz remnants, and a bunch of broken huge, cement planters. I have no idea how to even pick these up, they are so heavy. And the planters they did take, they just emptied the contents onto the ground. There are large clumps of soil and rocks everywhere. :cautious:

I'll stop talking about this now. It was just something that's been burning my butt. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom