What are some fun things to do in the area?

Shellbelle

Original Poster
I am visiting Disneyland for the first time in June. We want to leave Disney property and explore the area a bit. Any suggestions of fun things to see or do around the Anaheim/LA/Burbank areas?

Californian Elitist

Burbank is at least an hour away from Anaheim. Los Angeles City proper is 35+ minutes away.

We have a thread dedicated to things to do in Southern California. Give me some time to find it for you.

Shellbelle

Original Poster
We are going to the backstage Disney studios lot tour in Anaheim. I'm looking for things to see between Disneyland and Burbank. Also between lax and Disneyland.

kap91

LA Live steamers is pretty cool as is Walts Barn, Hollywood is great (theater or celebrity house tours can be fun), Griffith observatory is great, Santa Monica Pier is cool, nearer to Disneyland the Queen Mary is worth a visit as is Knotts Berry Farm.

Really that's only the tip of the iceberg. There's a lot to do In the greater LA area.

Herbie

Visit the Freaky Friday house in the Pacific Palisades.
Watch a movie at the El Capitan, LA.
Visit the Queen Mary, the Langham Huntington, Lake Gregory and others for Parent Trap filming locations.
Spend a weekend at Camp Seely (camp in Parent Trap) as part of their family outing in June.

Phroobar

There is the LA Zoo, all of Hollywood, movie star homes, Broadway musicals, universal studios, Dodgers and Angels ball parks, the beach, Santa Monica pier, Warner Brothers studios, Griffith Park, Walt's train barn. There are litterly hundreds of things to do.

jmuboy

Knotts Berry Farm isn't Disneyland. But for a traditional theme park it's well maintained with several classic attractions. Lots of ubique minor attractions that have been kept from the parks earlier years. Some of the best food served in any there park. The awesome boysenberry festival celebrating the berry that made the farm famous. Two classic dark rides. The best Halloween event in all the industry. So def check it out.

rle4lunch

I am visiting Disneyland for the first time in June. We want to leave Disney property and explore the area a bit. Any suggestions of fun things to see or do around the Anaheim/LA/Burbank areas?

Hobo watching is always fun. They're quite plentiful this time of year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom