Navi River Ride capacity

rreading

Original Poster
My understanding of a ride's hourly rider capacity is limited by dispatch time and number of riders per dispatch. If 500 people can board in an hour, then 500 people will disembark over an hour (irrespective of the number of people on the ride).

If this is true, then if we hope for a 20s embark/disembark time (3 boats/min=180 boats/hr) and we hope that there will be 5/boat then we get an hourly capacity of 900 people/hour?

I suppose that this would be equivalent to Pooh?

Anna/Elsa's ride is troubled due to capacity/popularity but it seems that this one could be pretty similar in terms of wait times if my hunch is correct.

cjkeating

The theoretical capacity at a 20 second dispatch with 8 per boat would be 1,440. Drop that down to 15 seconds and you get 1,920.

As you correctly point out the boats will not always be fully loaded, I think when demand is high they will try and pair up parties of 2 so if we assume 6 per boat that drops the capacities above by a quarter.

At a guess I would say the capacity will be 1200-1400, it has to be in four digits.

jaxonp

The theoretical capacity at a 20 second dispatch with 8 per boat would be 1,440. Drop that down to 15 seconds and you get 1,920.

As you correctly point out the boats will not always be fully loaded, I think when demand is high they will try and pair up parties of 2 so if we assume 6 per boat that drops the capacities above by a quarter.

At a guess I would say the capacity will be 1200-1400, it has to be in four digits.

Let's hope so.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
There is no doubt in my mind that this thing will be backed up significantly like It's a small world or pirates is. More so because of the number of boats. So whatever that "ending" is- we'll get to watch it for a good 2-3 minutes. One handicapped or elderly person is going to slow this thing down to a crawl/stop to which it will likely never recover throughout the course of the day. Not a knock on them, of course- just a reality.
I'm suprised if they don't put in a special boarding area for people who need it. I know Space Mtn is DL added one to not slow down the loading process too much. It's really cool to see in action. I would think it would be easier to do with boats and water.

CaptainAmerica

Are we 100% sure that the "photo" of the ride vehicle that shows two rows of four is an ACTUAL photo of the ride vehicle? It looks somewhat concept-art-ish.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Are we 100% sure that the "photo" of the ride vehicle that shows two rows of four is an ACTUAL photo of the ride vehicle? It looks somewhat concept-art-ish.

Was just watching the video and thinking something similar. Could it be just a temporary vehicle they used to fit the promo and the actual ones have additional row(s)?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I believe the aerial photos we saw that included the boats before they were put in the show building had 2 rows.

upload_2017-3-17_20-37-42.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom