Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

Californian Elitist

That's a minor complaint really, it's all coming relatively quick in the speed Disney moves. Construction should be kicking off relatively soon compared to its opening. It's more like a phased roll out with the express purpose of having a semi major Marvel offering this decade.

Yes it was poor planning, but that's the fault of people who have gracefully left the company. It shouldn't have taken them so long to start even planning on introducing Marvel into their parks. Chapek arrived on scene and they had barely even considered it yet.

It hasn't even been officially announced yet.

I would accept a phased rollout if the land was already in place and we were just waiting for more attractions, shops, etc. But no, we're getting a ride first, placed somewhere it doesn't belong, that will supposedly be part of a more cohesive land that has yet to be announced, with no timeline. I find that unacceptable.

No excuses.

mickEblu

PC: MiceChat Marvel Land Update.
MN-Mar-17-MB-O-5-610x407.jpg

I saw that earlier and found Marvel "Land" update to be a little misleading didn't you? They should have called it GOTG:MB Pictures.

Unless I missed something?

mickEblu

Before:
tot-chip-jpg.188859
\

After:
MN-Mar-17-MB-O-5-610x407.jpg

It looks like they went with a much darker color scheme to make the ornaments pop more.

R u sure? I think they specifically commented that the colors look much brighter than the picture and that it was particularly hazy that day. I was bummed to read that because I thought the "toned down" colors looked better too.

Earl Sweatpants

R u sure? I think they specifically commented that the colors look much brighter than the picture and that it was particularly hazy that day. I was bummed to read that because I thought the "toned down" colors looked better too.
Could be...I'd need to see it in person to really tell. Still, darker looks better, and more in line with the original concept art.

Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_-_Mission%2C_Breakout_Concept_Art.jpg

Seems to have some lighted (I refused to use the term "lit") elements on the front too.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Give it a few months and the sun will "tone down" the colors naturally...

BrianLo

It hasn't even been officially announced yet.

I would accept a phased rollout if the land was already in place and we were just waiting for more attractions, shops, etc. But no, we're getting a ride first, placed somewhere it doesn't belong, that will supposedly be part of a more cohesive land that has yet to be announced, with no timeline. I find that unacceptable.

No excuses.

It has been announced, just not the specifics or timeline. They've been very clear in the media that GoTG is just the first of the much larger presence arriving at DCA.

There is no winning. Projects get delayed in rollout for monetary reasons (FLE - negative), announcements are made too early (Pandora - negative), projects are not announced soon enough (Marvel - negative), projects aren't delayed and instead introduced too quickly (GoTG - negative).

I understand all we have to judge is what we concrete know here and now, but more is coming and they haven't been shy about it. This is the start of Marvel land, not a permanent tack on to Hollywood. It just seems like nitpicking for nitpicking sake to say otherwise. Delaying a project goes in the face of nearly everything fandom has nitpicked Disney for in recent years.

Californian Elitist

It has been announced, just not the specifics or timeline. They've been very clear in the media that GoTG is just the first of the much larger presence arriving at DCA.

There is no winning. Projects get delayed in rollout for monetary reasons (FLE - negative), announcements are made too early (Pandora - negative), projects are not announced soon enough (Marvel - negative), projects aren't delayed and instead introduced too quickly (GoTG - negative).

I understand all we have to judge is what we concrete know here and now, but more is coming and they haven't been shy about it. This is the start of Marvel land, not a permanent tack on to Hollywood. It just seems like nitpicking for nitpicking sake to say otherwise. Delaying a project goes in the face of nearly everything fandom has nitpicked Disney for in recent years.

Where is the official announcement with a timeline and official opening date?

I'm not nitpicking, but you're free to believe that. The fact remains this ride is coming before the actual land itself, and it doesn't make sense. Again, I find that ridiculous, stupid, and unacceptable. This is inexcusable. It's fine if you're willing to make excuses for this project. By all means, continue. I don't see anything about this project that makes a lick of sense, and there's nothing anyone can say that would get me to even slightly change that.

Let's just agree to disagree.

Last edited:

sedati

Where is the official announcement with a timeline and official opening date?

I'm not nitpicking, but you're free to believe that. The fact remains this ride is coming before the actual land itself, and it doesn't make sense. Again, I find that ridiculous, stupid, and unacceptable. This is inexcusable. It's fine if you're willing to make excuses for this project. By all means, continue. I don't see anything about this project that makes a lick of sense, and there's nothing anyone can say that would get me to even slightly change that.

So, they can pull a "Bear Country."

Since the Tower was always off in the corner like a bad little child, they can just declare everything to the right of the theater a Marvel Mini Land for the time being. Rename the trolley station "Marvel Station," and now you have a land with two attractions. Add some walk around characters and a churro cart and you've got yourself a justifiable mini-land to tide those who need tiding over until a proper land can be built.

mickEblu

So, they can pull a "Bear Country."

Since the Tower was always off in the corner like a bad little child, they can just declare everything to the right of the theater a Marvel Mini Land for the time being. Rename the trolley station "Marvel Station," and now you have a land with two attractions. Add some walk around characters and a churro cart and you've got yourself a justifiable mini-land to tide those who need tiding over until a proper land can be built.

This would of been a good analogy if when they opened Bear Country they built a 14 story neon green Bear to go with it.

The land was still themed to the wilderness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom