Can't D E C I D E

Chrissy Harris

Original Poster
Hey!

New to the board, def not to WDW.

Been going my whole life as a kid and now have kids of our on and have been 3 times with them, planning the 4th trip now.

In my childhood I stayed at
Contemporary
Polynesian
Port Orleans
Caribbean
Disney Inn "vintage" ha!

My girls are 8 and 4. So far they have been three times. We did Pop in 2013. Art in 2014 and Art again in 2016.

I would love to stay at a diff resort this time for Disney variety for my girls.

I would like to jump up to a moderate.

I'm leaning towards POFQ, Coronado Springs.

Any input in these?

I would love to do POFQ but I'm worried maybe it's in need of refurbishment. That would turn me off. When I stayed at POFQ as a kid it was brand new. As a Disney fan I would be crushed to see it in need of repair. Coronado intrigues me. Looks very nice, but feel wouldn't be kiddy enough for my girls. Caribbean I have heard bad reviews online that it needs refurb. Riverside doesn't do it for me.

Any input would be amazing!

Thanks Everyone!

Jess G

I've stayed at both. When is your trip? - At the moment Coronado is in the middle of room refurbs and construction. How many times do you plan to eat at the resort? Hands down the food options are better at coronado. Do you normally utilize quiet pools? - POFQ has none. Are you a drinker? - Coronado has many onsite bars and one stays open late. Do you plan to visit Disney Springs multiple times? - With the boat transportation to and from Disney springs that could be a deal breaker. Do mind a couple bus stops? - Coronado has 4 stops and POFQ has 1. (sometimes but rarely POFQ will share a bus with POR)

You will be happy with either choice. Picking the right resort will just depend on what your vacation priorities are. My favorite moderate resort is coronado but a tropical theme is more appealing to me, and good food onsite is important to me. However, I do understand why people love POFQ.

Sorry my response is so all over the place. I figure I'd tell you my opinion and you can take it however you want to lol.

Chrissy Harris

Original Poster
Hey!

We eat at the resort a fair amount! We usually do a big meal out at the park or another hotel. Then we lunch quick service or big at the hotel and grab bfast quick or sit down. Basically all over the map lol! But food is important to us. My husband LOVES Mexican and he wants to up to moderate also for more food choices.

Are there kids at Coronado? I don't want my girls to not at least make some friends!

I totally already heard about the room renos and new tower rooms being built. Love the room reno pics!

We are going in Sept/Oct so would hope to get a renovated room!

PrincessNelly_NJ

Hey!

We eat at the resort a fair amount! We usually do a big meal out at the park or another hotel. Then we lunch quick service or big at the hotel and grab bfast quick or sit down. Basically all over the map lol! But food is important to us. My husband LOVES Mexican and he wants to up to moderate also for more food choices.

Are there kids at Coronado? I don't want my girls to not at least make some friends!

I totally already heard about the room renos and new tower rooms being built. Love the room reno pics!

We are going in Sept/Oct so would hope to get a renovated room!
Plenty of kids at Coronado. If food is important, Coronado or POR will be better as POFQ has a smaller food court and smaller menu.

MomofPrincessGrace

We are doing POR because of the pool and newish splash pad area at POFQ. My 6 y.o daughter loves to swim so we will definitely we taking advantage of using the pools at both POR and FQ. Plus you can take a boat to Disney Springs which is really cool

Minnie Mum

We stayed at POFQ in Nov, and the resort looked to be in fine shape. I don't think you need worry about it being run down. We love this resort for its compact size (so easy and quick to get around). Our DGS (5), absolutely loved the pool and splash pad. And we liked listening to the live music in Scat Cats club in the evening. While it only has a CS restaurant, it's only a 10 minute walk over to PORs Boatwrights, if you want a TS dinner. And then if course, there's the boat to DS if you want to dine there.

We enjoyed our one stay at CSR, but now that the Business Class has been removed, I doubt we'll go back. There's something about the theming that just doesn't do it for me. But that's just personal preference. There will be no shortage of kids there, or at any Disney resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom