Yacht Club Enhancements

flyerjab

Original Poster
In line with what @articos posted about improvements coming to the resorts across the site I figured I'd post this as additional news on that subject.

Although not major by any standard, the Yacht Club is plussing their shop by adding a food area. This is a significant improvement for those with mugs. You should now be able to fill them at a drink station in the YC. There will also be food and some places to sit.

IMG_6782.JPG

surfsupdon

Yes, it is going to be great!

Brand new rooms and common areas. New decor.
New quick service eatery and remodeled gift shop.
Refurb for Captain's Grille
The lobby bar will also be expanded and plussed

A few years ago, Hanna's was expanded and plussed (mug refill station) and Periwigs and Ship Shape were beautifully remodeled.

flyerjab

Original Poster
Yes, it is going to be great!

Brand new rooms and common areas. New decor.
New quick service eatery and remodeled gift shop.
Refurb for Captain's Grille
The lobby bar will also be expanded and plussed

We are in a club level room. Personally, I hated the old decor. The new rooms are phenomenal. The photos do not do them justice as I saw them and thought 'meh'. They are great, functionally and design-wise. Some of the wood has metal trimming with rivets. There is a porthole mirror, curtains with Disney inspired constellations. The ironing board is elevated and rolls out of the closet. There are subtle touches everywhere that make it much better than before. There is even a small triangular shelf next to the bed that has the one side in the corner of the room. The little shelf has outlets and charging stations. The beds are completely open underneath so that suitcases can disappear. Overall a great job!

The club lounge is bigger too. I would swear that the staff was retrained from the last time we stayed there ( stayed there a few years ago and the experience was terrible from the staff to the state of the room). Also, the hallway carts that the cleaning staff use are different. Some are like mobile cabinets so that you can't see any of the contents. Also, other carts we saw were significantly smaller and there were less of them about. The hallways were less cluttered as a result. And the hallway carpeting is brighter.

A great refurb overall.

KLinder7

Just got back a few days ago from staying at the Yacht and as much as I love the resort these changes couldn't come soon enough. Also to add, they are expanding the convention center as well.

MCast

YES - love it! My (second) favorite resort is getting much needed love. Do we have any other pictures/renderings of updates?

surfsupdon

We are in a club level room. Personally, I hated the old decor. The new rooms are phenomenal. The photos do not do them justice as I saw them and thought 'meh'. They are great, functionally and design-wise. Some of the wood has metal trimming with rivets. There is a porthole mirror, curtains with Disney inspired constellations. The ironing board is elevated and rolls out of the closet. There are subtle touches everywhere that make it much better than before. There is even a small triangular shelf next to the bed that has the one side in the corner of the room. The little shelf has outlets and charging stations. The beds are completely open underneath so that suitcases can disappear. Overall a great job!

The club lounge is bigger too. I would swear that the staff was retrained from the last time we stayed there ( stayed there a few years ago and the experience was terrible from the staff to the state of the room). Also, the hallway carts that the cleaning staff use are different. Some are like mobile cabinets so that you can't see any of the contents. Also, other carts we saw were significantly smaller and there were less of them about. The hallways were less cluttered as a result. And the hallway carpeting is brighter.

A great refurb overall.

This sounds terrific. yacht Club has been our favorite Resort for years. We always want to stay there, but we have not stayed at Yacht since May 2014, when we noticed how run down the rooms were (when compared to the new rooms at CBR, BWI, etc). We really are looking forward to returning to our favorite Resort.

I am glad you really enjoyed the rooms. They do look much improved, and I am happy about a new color scheme.

Did they retain the phone in the bathroom? I would imagine not. Beach Club had lost theirs after their refurb. But that small triangular corner table has always been my favorite "tiny touch" in the room that goes a long way!!

ToTBellHop

Brief update--staying at YC in August and just received a construction notice. Included in it: "Additionally, the table-service restaurant, Captain’s Grille, will be temporarily relocated to Ariel’s due to refurbishment. During this time, breakfast, lunch and dinner will continue to be served out of this location, but please note that the breakfast buffet will no longer be available. Quick-service dining options will also be available to you at the Market at Ale and Compass Marketplace."

So that opens by August.

Simba's Mom

Can anyone tell me the approximate opening date of this and when Captain's Grill will end its serving at Ariel's? We're headed to BCV in October, and would love to check out the new CS at Yacht Club, and might make an ADR at Captain's Grille just so we could check out Ariels.

surfsupdon

Brief update--staying at YC in August and just received a construction notice. Included in it: "Additionally, the table-service restaurant, Captain’s Grille, will be temporarily relocated to Ariel’s due to refurbishment. During this time, breakfast, lunch and dinner will continue to be served out of this location, but please note that the breakfast buffet will no longer be available. Quick-service dining options will also be available to you at the Market at Ale and Compass Marketplace."

So that opens by August.

Interesting. Ale and Compass is the name of the lobby bar, which is also getting expanded and remodeled, while Fittings & Fairings is the name of the store that is turning into the "Marketplace" similar to Beach Club's side.

Wonder if the names are changing, or if Disney will have grab n go set up in the lobby bar? Very interesting.

SecondStarTilMorning

Hey guys! I'm booked here for the end of April for 5 nights, with 2 additional nights at the beach club for an easy split stay. Without any of the refurbishments having been completed, is the resort worth the money, or would I be smart to switch to somewhere else (i.e. the grand floridian?)

KLinder7

Hey guys! I'm booked here for the end of April for 5 nights, with 2 additional nights at the beach club for an easy split stay. Without any of the refurbishments having been completed, is the resort worth the money, or would I be smart to switch to somewhere else (i.e. the grand floridian?)
I personally love the location. Grand Floridian is great too and very easy to get to the MK. But, I just love being able to walk to Epcot in five minutes and the atmosphere around the boardwalk area I really enjoy.

MCast

I'll advocate for the Yacht Club because of a couple of different reasons - 1st is the location. You really can't beat the 5 minute stroll to Epcot/Boardwalk and the 15 minute walk/ferry to DHS. 2nd is the pool. You're staying at the resort with the best pool possible.

Granted, one part of the lobby will be going through renovations along with the general store, but it's not a make or break situation. As far as rooms go, I never minded the original. They were fun, yet refined. And hey, if you're lucky enough to get a newly renovated room, all the better!

SecondStarTilMorning

I'll advocate for the Yacht Club because of a couple of different reasons - 1st is the location. You really can't beat the 5 minute stroll to Epcot/Boardwalk and the 15 minute walk/ferry to DHS. 2nd is the pool. You're staying at the resort with the best pool possible.

Granted, one part of the lobby will be going through renovations along with the general store, but it's not a make or break situation. As far as rooms go, I never minded the original. They were fun, yet refined. And hey, if you're lucky enough to get a newly renovated room, all the better!

Yeah, it's hard to beat walking to Epcot and boating/walking to Hollywood Studios. Also, crescent lake is my favorite place ever. I'm really excited for our trip!

A great refurb overall.

Thanks for the update! I'm staying YC CL in November. Just wondering if you could tell me about the different Hot appetizers that are currently being offered in the evening? Thanks!!!

flyerjab

Original Poster
Thanks for the update! I'm staying YC CL in November. Just wondering if you could tell me about the different Hot appetizers that are currently being offered in the evening? Thanks!!!

Unfortunately, the night that we stayed there was an add on to the beginning of our trip as we had to leave early to escape that last snow storm that hit the northeast. The hot appetizers at dinner was the one time that we missed. We got there very late and only enjoyed the cordials and desserts (which were fabulous!!), as well as breakfast in the morning. We really like the breakfast offerings as we feel that it can successfully replace having to eat breakfast somewhere on property. There are a ton of choices in the morning that allowed us to fill up before hitting the parks. The new lounge is much bigger too and we had a great experience there in the evening when we arrived. We got our desserts and started playing a board game. Another family saw us having so much fun that they came over and asked to join us. It was really fun.

Having stayed CL at the BC and YC, the refurbs of both lounges have been home runs in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom