New WDW Today Loop (Information Channel)

Nick Pappagiorgio

So I just saw your new cast member channel video. How are you able to capture that? What kind of capture device are you using? Also are there any other hidden channels?

nelsonj3

Original Poster
Ok... I've got one more for you guys, and then I'm out of new Resort TV!
This is the Art of Animation Cast TV Channel that plays in the break rooms at Art of Animation and Pop Century Resorts. My capture device actually picked up this channel from our resort room too. :)

nelsonj3

Original Poster
So I just saw your new cast member channel video. How are you able to capture that? What kind of capture device are you using? Also are there any other hidden channels?
I used a Hauppauge HVR-1955 USB Capture device. It has a built-in QAM Tuner. There aren't really any other hidden channels except for the cast member channel. There are a few that show up as encrypted, so I guess those are hidden too, but obviously, you can't see them unless you work with Disney's cable systems.

Nick Pappagiorgio

I used a Hauppauge HVR-1955 USB Capture device. It has a built-in QAM Tuner. There aren't really any other hidden channels except for the cast member channel. There are a few that show up as encrypted, so I guess those are hidden too, but obviously, you can't see them unless you work with Disney's cable systems.
Thanks for the info.

nelsonj3

Original Poster
Thanks for the info.
You're welcome! Were you thinking about doing some capturing? The only thing that is really time-consuming is the initial channel scan that the capture device does. However, after doing it a few times, I basically know what channel range to scan, and I can save some time.

Nick Pappagiorgio

You're welcome! Were you thinking about doing some capturing? The only thing that is really time-consuming is the initial channel scan that the capture device does. However, after doing it a few times, I basically know what channel range to scan, and I can save some time.

Maybe. I was more just curious about the tech. I think I may have the part so I might throw it in the bag next time I go.

nelsonj3

Original Poster
Maybe. I was more just curious about the tech. I think I may have the part so I might throw it in the bag next time I go.
The main thing is to make sure that your capture device has a QAM Tuner. Some devices just take an HDMI, composite, or S-Video input and don't have a tuner. I had to be careful of that when I was researching buying a capture device to do this.

The first time I captured Resort TV, capture devices with tuners weren't really available, so I had to take a VCR to use as a tuner. Then, I hooked up the capture device to the video and audio out composite jacks.

djkidkaz

I found a new channel on an old hard drive! This is the Animal Information Channel from Animal Kingdom Lodge in 2004. Credit goes to Pensfan66 for making the original capture. I never noticed this channel when staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Any chance your going to have an updated version of must do Disney anytime soon? The last one I have is from feb 2016. I'm sure by now there is much more on Disney Springs added.

nelsonj3

Original Poster
Any chance your going to have an updated version of must do Disney anytime soon? The last one I have is from feb 2016. I'm sure by now there is much more on Disney Springs added.
I'm hoping to update soon. We just had a baby and haven't had the funds for a quick trip to a resort for a weekend (we're local). We are talking about possibly going in May though.

jrhwdw

I'm hoping to update soon. We just had a baby and haven't had the funds for a quick trip to a resort for a weekend (we're local). We are talking about possibly going in May though.
After Wishes ends? I ask because I Wonder if HEA will be on Must Do by then? ROL should be on there by then.

nelsonj3

Original Poster
I wonder how long it takes to get stuff on Must Do? Week? Month?
They usually only update it once a quarter according to something I saw someone post either somewhere in this thread or elsewhere, but it does seem to hold true.

Gringrinngghost

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom