Club 32 - Villains Land, Fantasyland Project

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
13015593_1337581126257383_5318253143379459407_n.jpg

The thread for all brainstorming on the Villains Mini-Land for the Club 32 Fantasyland Project!

@MonorailRed and @StevenU I'll tag for now -- but if anyone wants to join us feel free.

As of now -- we're thinking of a Maleficent Roller Coaster and an Underworld (Jungle Cruise style) boat ride with a variety of villains, in addition to dining, shopping, etc.

MA Screamin'

Wanna spit this out before I forget.

So this is from the old Bugaboo Creek right down the street from me, and I pictured Shenzi, Banzai and Ed heckling diners periodically, interacting in a "Turtle Talk" manner occasionally. No plugging the meals though, unless someone has a juicy steak that they can't stand not commenting on.

But if Hook is the way to go, maybe through the restaurant building could be the transition to Fantasyland to the Villains land, into the Jolly Roger and out into Skull Rock?

FigmentPigments

Wanna spit this out before I forget.

So this is from the old Bugaboo Creek right down the street from me, and I pictured Shenzi, Banzai and Ed heckling diners periodically, interacting in a "Turtle Talk" manner occasionally. No plugging the meals though, unless someone has a juicy steak that they can't stand not commenting on.

But if Hook is the way to go, maybe through the restaurant building could be the transition to Fantasyland to the Villains land, into the Jolly Roger and out into Skull Rock?

Really cool ideas!

Disney Dad 3000

I think that's basically what's going to happen!

It'll be next to Fantasyland -- we just need a solid transition through maybe a forest or something:geek:

Maybe Elephant Graveyard?

If we can position the layout of FL the right way, I think we can easily transition the villains area from one of the forested sections to something much darker (I think I mentioned this before, but so many posts on that main thread). It would be very similar to many of the older classics where they go from a beautiful enchanted forest, to a more sinister, foreboding one.

For your restaurant @StevenU where were you thinking of going with that elephant graveyard or did you want to stick with Captain Hook?

For the coaster, do we want something along the lines of SDMT or just a straight coaster? One thing I really like about SDMT is the mixture of coaster and the slowed down set sections. Maybe something along those lines but expanded so it's a longer ride/experience?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
If we can position the layout of FL the right way, I think we can easily transition the villains area from one of the forested sections to something much darker (I think I mentioned this before, but so many posts on that main thread). It would be very similar to many of the older classics where they go from a beautiful enchanted forest, to a more sinister, foreboding one.

For your restaurant @StevenU where were you thinking of going with that elephant graveyard or did you want to stick with Captain Hook?

For the coaster, do we want something along the lines of SDMT or just a straight coaster? One thing I really like about SDMT is the mixture of coaster and the slowed down set sections. Maybe something along those lines but expanded so it's a longer ride/experience?
That's pretty much what I was thinking for the coaster. A height restriction of no more than 36" or so -- for it to be kids' "first coaster" so to speak.

Something along the lines of Mine Train -- but elongated (with 2+ more scenes) and a longer 2nd coaster sequence.

StevenU

I think I'll go with the elephant graveyard idea so that Peter Pan can be its own thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom