Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Jimmy Thick

From my time with Breath of the Wild I haven't noticed any kind of dramatic frame rate drop. Maybe there were a few small dips here and there but nothing that really caught my attention enough for me to notice and call it out. I was enjoying the game way too much, even taking it out of the house!!! :D

I've played BotW for a little over 5 hours now and I haven't had any major issues with dropped frames or graphical pop in that would be comparable to any PC game I have played. World of Warcraft which is ancient in terms of gaming still can get a noticable dose of pop in at times, big deal. Im convinced people just want to complain about something just to complain or Nintendo bash, and there is a lot of it going on. Nintendo's only real issue with the crappy launch titles to go along with the Switch, thats a valid complaint, everything else is just fanboi's being fanboi's.

BTW, BotW has been amazing so far, its starts a little slow but once you get past the initial start up/tutorial sequence that all games seem to have now, it gets that magical Zelda charm, hang in there.

Coke vs Pepsi
Bud vs Miller
Disney vs Universal
Nvidia/Intel vs AMD
Nintendo vs Other hardware makers.

Its makes great forum fodder, it most certainly does.

BubbaQuest

My only visual complaint (on the WiiU) is the poor anti-aliasing and some weak texture maps, primarily the bushes. Seriously, did they port these from the original NES game? :). The other disappointment is the lack of WiiU tablet support. They added map/inventory tablet support for Wind Waker, why couldn't they do it here? I'm assuming there were performance issues trying to run both screens. The game is very slow to recover if I use the Home button to bring up the browser or notifications.

But really, these are minor, minor complaints. Overall this has been a joy to play. It deserves the high praise it has been getting.

I've been trying to stay out of the game/console talk, but I bring this up because Nintendo desperately needed a console seller and they definitely just released one. I could see a Zelda/Mario Kart/Switch bundle being a big holiday seller.

How does this impact Uni? Well, rumors are the Zelda attraction was already axed. If the latest Zelda becomes another gaming classic like Ocarina, Uni and Nintendo may want to rethink that decision.

BubbaQuest

So, um...is the Switch any good? I'm looking to buy a new game system. I like Playstation, but to me, Nintendo has the best game characters.

Personally, I'd wait on the Switch unless you are a Zelda fan. The reviews have been mixed, and I have a feeling like the WiiU it's not really going to show its true potential for at least 6 months. If triple-A third party publishers jump on board, I think this will be a good system. If Nintendo keeps delaying features (like a virtual console) and games, it could quickly become another WiiU.

Nintendo has lined up some indie developers. So that could be another factor if you like some of the smaller, indie games like Pushmo.

Siren

Sigh. These game cartridges are too small, just like the 3DS. I totally lost my Cooking Mama and Garden Mama games somewhere. I must have thrown them away or something.

Anyway, while the console is amazing, it still needs Super Mario Odyssey like yesterday.

Mike S

I've played BotW for a little over 5 hours now and I haven't had any major issues with dropped frames or graphical pop in that would be comparable to any PC game I have played. World of Warcraft which is ancient in terms of gaming still can get a noticable dose of pop in at times, big deal. Im convinced people just want to complain about something just to complain or Nintendo bash, and there is a lot of it going on. Nintendo's only real issue with the crappy launch titles to go along with the Switch, thats a valid complaint, everything else is just fanboi's being fanboi's.

BTW, BotW has been amazing so far, its starts a little slow but once you get past the initial start up/tutorial sequence that all games seem to have now, it gets that magical Zelda charm, hang in there.

Coke vs Pepsi
Bud vs Miller
Disney vs Universal
Nvidia/Intel vs AMD
Nintendo vs Other hardware makers.

Its makes great forum fodder, it most certainly does.
For how long I've been able to play I've been mostly exploring the first area at my leisure trying to find everything. It didn't really feel like a tutorial. It felt like jumping right into the game.
My only visual complaint (on the WiiU) is the poor anti-aliasing and some weak texture maps, primarily the bushes. Seriously, did they port these from the original NES game? :). The other disappointment is the lack of WiiU tablet support. They added map/inventory tablet support for Wind Waker, why couldn't they do it here? I'm assuming there were performance issues trying to run both screens. The game is very slow to recover if I use the Home button to bring up the browser or notifications.

But really, these are minor, minor complaints. Overall this has been a joy to play. It deserves the high praise it has been getting.

I've been trying to stay out of the game/console talk, but I bring this up because Nintendo desperately needed a console seller and they definitely just released one. I could see a Zelda/Mario Kart/Switch bundle being a big holiday seller.

How does this impact Uni? Well, rumors are the Zelda attraction was already axed. If the latest Zelda becomes another gaming classic like Ocarina, Uni and Nintendo may want to rethink that decision.
Not a problem on Switch!!! :D
So, um...is the Switch any good? I'm looking to buy a new game system. I like Playstation, but to me, Nintendo has the best game characters.
I'm loving it so far and Zelda seems like such a huge game it could keep you occupied for a while. Especially if you plan on beating it 100% like me. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is also next month. It'll be getting all of Nintendo's games too since it's a hybrid so that already means more games than Wii U got.

Magenta Panther

Personally, I'd wait on the Switch unless you are a Zelda fan. The reviews have been mixed, and I have a feeling like the WiiU it's not really going to show its true potential for at least 6 months. If triple-A third party publishers jump on board, I think this will be a good system. If Nintendo keeps delaying features (like a virtual console) and games, it could quickly become another WiiU.

Nintendo has lined up some indie developers. So that could be another factor if you like some of the smaller, indie games like Pushmo.

I'm a HUGE fan of Zelda, as it happens. Thanks for the input.

Jimmy Thick

Quick update from my experience with Zelda.

I moved on back to Overwatch. Its frustrating to get into questing into a dungeon and your weapons keep breaking after killing for creatures. This seems like a cheap mechanic installed by the developers to lengthen the gameplay which is absurd. This game has greatness written all over it and something like being forced to have 20 swords in your inventory to finish a dungeon is absurd.

Not in Witcher 3's class I'm afraid.

Mike S

Quick update from my experience with Zelda.

I moved on back to Overwatch. Its frustrating to get into questing into a dungeon and your weapons keep breaking after killing for creatures. This seems like a cheap mechanic installed by the developers to lengthen the gameplay which is absurd. This game has greatness written all over it and something like being forced to have 20 swords in your inventory to finish a dungeon is absurd.

Not in Witcher 3's class I'm afraid.
You've gotten to the point of being able to carry 20 weapons? I'm really behind. I haven't gotten to the first proper dungeon yet. I've been going pretty slow at it. Weapons breaking hasn't been a problem for me since there's new ones all over the place and even dropped by enemies. It just sucks when you lose a really good one lol, but I'm up for a challenge.

BubbaQuest

I'm a HUGE fan of Zelda, as it happens. Thanks for the input.

If you are a Zelda fan, run to your nearest retailer and pick up the game and any necessary hardware. It is definitely the best since Ocarina, and the scale is much more vast than Ocarina.

You'll have to decide if spending $300+ for one game is worth it :). I just spent $100 on amiibo so I could get more in game stuff, and I never do that.

JustInTime

You've gotten to the point of being able to carry 20 weapons? I'm really behind. I haven't gotten to the first proper dungeon yet. I've been going pretty slow at it. Weapons breaking hasn't been a problem for me since there's new ones all over the place and even dropped by enemies. It just sucks when you lose a really good one lol, but I'm up for a challenge.
I've played a ton and haven't gotten to a dungeon yet. I've heard there are only 4.

JustInTime

If you are a Zelda fan, run to your nearest retailer and pick up the game and any necessary hardware. It is definitely the best since Ocarina, and the scale is much more vast than Ocarina.

You'll have to decide if spending $300+ for one game is worth it :). I just spent $100 on amiibo so I could get more in game stuff, and I never do that.
I also bought all of the amiibos. Love them. Wolf link is the most helpful. Also archer Link because he gives you fish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom