Universal Studios

MC1016

Original Poster
I will be traveling to orland in MAy. We are spending 3 days in Disney and two at Universal. Is it worth doing a 2 day park hopper for universal or is it ok to do just a regular ticket

Minnesota disney fan

I will be traveling to orland in MAy. We are spending 3 days in Disney and two at Universal. Is it worth doing a 2 day park hopper for universal or is it ok to do just a regular ticket

We've done it both ways. 2 years ago we went to Universal studio side only, as we had been to IOA the last time and experienced all that is Harry Potter:) It was fine, but we found that we missed going back and forth on the Hogwarts train ride. So, this year we booked an overnight stay and had 2 days in the parks with both park tickets. It was fantastic. We rode the train several times. It is awesome besides being a real time saver in getting to the other park. In our experience, we will only do 2 day both park tickets in the future. It all depends on what your family wants to do, neither is wrong or right.

tractor tipper

Hidden treasure at US is Curious George goes to town. They have air cannons that shoot Nerf balls. Kids (all 18 plus years old) had a blast.
Probably spent an hour there during the two days we were there. Also take Scooby snacks ( graham cracker cookies shaped like dog bones from Walmart) for gy. It won't let me write gy, Scooby's long haired sidekick.

Last edited:

Chef Mickey

You need to get out more :D
Eh, no one said I wasn't biased. My biggest issue with them is their content. I've been before and I'm just not a fan. I don't get excited for Harry Potter and there is no nostalgia factor that makes up for Disney's lesser content and shortcomings.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

You could definitely get away with a single park ticket, just remember if you are a Harry Potter fan you will not be able to ride the Hogwarts Express without a park-to-park (hopper) ticket.

You may want to take a look at the attraction lineup since there more high-thrill rides in IoA then in Uni, so if that's not your thing you may not get a whole day out of IoA.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Eh, no one said I wasn't biased. My biggest issue with them is their content. I've been before and I'm just not a fan. I don't get excited for Harry Potter and there is no nostalgia factor that makes up for Disney's lesser content and shortcomings.

If you are not a Universal fan why did you come in and derail a thread created by someone who was asking a legitimate question about a Universal trip?

Chef Mickey

If you are not a Universal fan why did you come in and derail a thread created by someone who was asking a legitimate question about a Universal trip?
It was originally in the wrong forum (WDW Parks General Discussion), so derailment is OK. If I would have come to the Universal section and done this, that would have been stupid.

thomas998

I haven't priced tickets lately but what is the difference in price... because for the most part that difference in price is what you will be paying for the Hogwarts express... which if you've ridden before is not really worth riding again and again... If you've never done it I might say its worth maybe 15 dollars to ride once but more than that you need to be a really harry potter fan to justify it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom