Star Wars: Rogue One

JohnD

Good news: DVD/Blu Ray to be released in March.

Bad News: This is just the basic edition not the super whiz bang deluxe edition which will have all the good extras in it. You'll just have to buy all versions.

Bairstow

So with all the reshoots and scenes that appeared in trailers but were missing from the final cut of the film, I wonder if this could be the first Star Wars film that one day gets a dramatically different cut released.

With all the different footage to choose from, it's probably possible to actually assemble a good film from this mess!

Matt_Black

So with all the reshoots and scenes that appeared in trailers but were missing from the final cut of the film, I wonder if this could be the first Star Wars film that one day gets a dramatically different cut released.

God, NO. I thought we were past all that nonsense when Lucas left.

With all the different footage to choose from, it's probably possible to actually assemble a good film from this mess!

85% Critics and 88% Audience scores on Rotten Tomatoes, so I'm guessing most people were fairly happy with what they got.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

No way. With the LucasFilm Story Group in place, they actually care about continuity and canon in a way that George Lucas never did. They won't muddy the waters with different versions.

Bairstow

No, no it's not. Because look at the horror that Lucas wrought. Adding in a "NOOOOOOO!" when you didn't need it. The superfluous scene in A New Hope with Jabba where the same dialogue that just transpired with Greedo gets repeated.

Yeah, but that's because sometime around 1990 George Lucas lost every ounce of film-making talent.
There are plenty of revised cuts that are superior to the theatrical versions.
Apocalypse Now Redux, The Director's Cut of Blade Runner, the Richard Donner version of Superman II, the Extended Lord of the Rings movies,...
Heck, the theatrical release of Brazil was practically unwatchable.
I'm fairly confident that someone, someday, will be able to make a decent film out of what was shot for Rogue One... and maybe even Suicide Squad. Maybe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom