Question about Dinner Schedule/Port Adventures (Mediterrenean)

iubigman

Original Poster
Hi Everyone, long time WDW/DisneyLand veteran, about to become a first time Cruiser this summer as we've just booked the 5-night Cruise from Barcelona on the Disney Magic! We have requested the first dinner seating, as whether on vacation or at home, we are early birds, as are our kids.

Since this is a 5 night cruise, I'm assuming we may only get to eat dinner at Animator's Palate 1 time. My question is how this coincides with full day port adventures.

If we choose to book the full day (9-10 hour) Port Adventure to Rome, which I assume gets back to the ship AFTER the first dinner seating, how would that work if we find out our 1 night at Animator's Palate is that night? Are we able to switch seating times for that night, can we swap nights at AP? I know I can call DCL and ask this, but always like to come to the board first!

Thanks

ChuckElias

When we have had all day excursions, they knew that people would be getting back to the ship late, and we were able to go to our assigned restaurant and were seated, despite being back late. In fact, on our Berlin excursion, we were literally the last group to get back to the port. They had to hold the ship for us because our train broke down on the way back. But we still had our normal dinner, just at a later time.

I can't promise this is how it will work for you, but I would personally assume that the staff will be aware of late arrivals and make it work for you.

Disneymadhouse

We were on the 7 night med cruise last year, and did the very long day out in Rome. We did not get back to the ship until around 6.30pm and we were on first seating. We had told our servers and table mates the evening before that we may be back late, but to carry on without us and we would come straight to dinner when we got back. We were in Lumieres that night, but I would have still done the same had we been scheduled to be in AP. It was no problem at all.

iubigman

Original Poster
Thanks, that's exactly the excursion we are looking at which would have us back late. I just don't want our kids to miss Animator's Palate, and with the 5 night cruise, that may be the only time we are there.

ChuckElias

Thanks, that's exactly the excursion we are looking at which would have us back late. I just don't want our kids to miss Animator's Palate, and with the 5 night cruise, that may be the only time we are there.
Don't forget that you can request a particular restaurant rotation once you get onboard. You might not get it, but you can ask to be in Animator's Palate on the first night, which would mean that you eat there twice.

P.S. -- great pic of Disneyland as your avatar!

Phonedave

I would think though that even if you could go to Animatior's Palate late because of an excursion, they would let you eat, but not reset the whole restaruant show for you. Better to try and change your rotation.

-dave

iubigman

Original Poster
Thanks, that was kind of my worry. So my next question is, do you learn your rotation schedule when you can check in? Since we are first-timers, for us this is 75 days out. Or do you not learn it until much closer to the cruise?

Disneymadhouse

When you get to the port and check in you will be given your KTTW ( key to the world cards) and in the bottom corner there will be a series of letters - A is animators, L is Lumieres and C is Cariocas. So if for example you have ALCAL then your dining rotation would be animators, lumieres, cariocas, animators, lumieres. As said, work out what your dining rotation is, and go and ask to change if you don't think it will work for you.

Phonedave

Along the same lines as Disneymadhouse said, you will get your rotation when you get your card. If you need to change it, as soon as you get on board, head down to where they are processing dining requests (They will announce where, it's in one of the lounges - not at the services desk) There you can switch your rotation around, switch seatings (first or second) and make any other requests you may have (like a single table for your family if that is your kind of thing). They will do their best to accomodate you. If they are not able to make your changes right then and there, they will wait list you, and if someone wants to make a change that matches with yours, they will let you know the change went through. It pays to get there as soon as you can, so that you have a better chance of making any changes you want.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom