Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

BrianLo

I certainly hope it's more than Hogwarts Express in many regards. Rode it once and have no real strong desire to ride it again unless I need to get to the other park and the line is short - IE: it's a mode of transport. The re-rideability is missing - in my opinion, my 11-12 year old Harry Potter loving girls thought the same thing.

I think what he's trying to say is that Hogwarts Express is an over the top cable car train. MF is an over the top pod simulator. Neither ride itself reinvents the wheel, they just do it really, really well. A simple ride solution to make an extremely convincing case that yes, you boarded and eventually piloted the real MF.

Also I assume (and hope) you boarded at Kings Cross.

doctornick

Certainly the aerials compared to DLR would be consistent with DL opening ~6 months or so earlier but on relatively similar schedules. So, the early 2019 for DL/late 2019 for DHS seems believable and consistent with what people have heard. Having it be "officially" announced is a cherry on top to the confirmation.

imperius

I certainly hope it's more than Hogwarts Express in many regards. Rode it once and have no real strong desire to ride it again unless I need to get to the other park and the line is short - IE: it's a mode of transport. The re-rideability is missing - in my opinion, my 11-12 year old Harry Potter loving girls thought the same thing.
Isn't that the point of HE? It's not really something you ride multiple times a day.

britain

I think it makes total sense, since the last 9 months of both projects require installation and finishing touches from the same teams of imagineers. As soon as they're done with the Anaheim version they will turn their attention on the Florida version.

yensidtlaw1969

It'll go round in a big circle instead of two and fro if that helps.
I still feel weirdly confused by the fact that the sims will move around in a big circle -- I suppose it might make more sense once we see it, but why couldn't they just built them in place and move guests to and from them? Can it even possibly be part of the ride that the whole building rotates so slowly that you hardly notice?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom