News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

matt9112

Only those hotels where parking is already a monetized commodity (downtown, airports, resort areas). Your average suburban Marriott or Garden Inn doesn't usually charge for parking. I'd say the vast majority of hotels in the US do NOT charge for parking on that basis.

Correct only in urban sprawl .

lazyboy97o

I'm sorry to ask...is PUSH an acronym or the likes? Lol so sorry...
No, PUSH the Trash Can was a third party operated, moving and talking trash can that interacting with guests. Word got out that contract negotiations were not going well and the character would be leaving soon. Disney told The Orlando Sentinel that the rumors were without merit and that PUSH was not going anywhere. The very next day, Disney announced that PUSH was gone effective immediately. The whole ordeal is a great example of how Disney always denies regardless of the actual situation. Disney saying they have no plans to introduce parking and/or resort fees is meaningless because that would be the public position regardless of any actual plans.

FigmentForver96

Pretty sure that this is a trol thread. Email Bob Chapek and when they call you to respond to your suggestions they tell you that he was confused as to where they got the rumor from. I trust TWDC way more than some random member saying that it was Chapek calling for more fees. This thread needs to be closed. Email Bob I dare you guys lol.

On a side note, they also took my Epcot FW lack of theme suggestions and are "reviewing" them. So definitely email them. You need a MyMagic+ account for them to find your info to call you.
The only troll is you....have a good day.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Pretty sure that this is a trol thread. Email Bob Chapek and when they call you to respond to your suggestions they tell you that he was confused as to where they got the rumor from. I trust TWDC way more than some random member saying that it was Chapek calling for more fees. This thread needs to be closed. Email Bob I dare you guys lol.

On a side note, they also took my Epcot FW lack of theme suggestions and are "reviewing" them. So definitely email them. You need a MyMagic+ account for them to find your info to call you.
And just what else would you expect them to say?

Smooth

IMG_0010.JPG

Here's your room
OHH.... you want a bed? That will be an additional fee.

flynnibus

Premium Member

The rule of '15/'16 accounts appears to be stronger than I first theorized...

Disorbust

Any chance you would post the email so we can post it all over the web if/when they add the resort fee. Be sure to hang on to it......

Sorry but they floated this balloon in a survey awhile sgo snd most of their survey questions become reality, unfortunately.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I always bring breakfast stuff and my coffee pot. I like making my own coffee and not having to walk to the food court.
I have literally never stayed at a hotel without a coffee pot. Are there really places at Disney that don't have them? How can that be?

asianway

Disney parks don't make anywhere near the number you reference. Not in revenue let alone profit.

And arbitrarily raising the property taxes is wrong. What exactly caused the value of the land to increase that much from year to year. And it's all arbitrary anyway since the only reason the land that magic kingdom sits on is valuable at all is because magic kingdom sits on it.
DVC happened. Say a week costs $25,000. Multiply by 52, you have a million dollar+ hotel room times the number of rooms

Bocabear

I have literally never stayed at a hotel without a coffee pot. Are there really places at Disney that don't have them? How can that be?
Years ago I satyed at The Boardwalk Inn...The room was very expensive and nice... No coffee pot. I walked into the lounge area and there was a lady serving coffee at the closed bar and I thought "How nice" then when I asked for some coffee she kind of yelled "You got to pay!" at me... So I paid $4 for a cup of not so great coffee went to the front desk and complained... Spending a lot of money for a room, no coffeemaker in the room, and then having to pay for a cup of coffee in the lobby when at a thousand other nearby hotels that are lots cheaper I could get free breakfast... They refunded my $4, and when I got back to the room that afternoon there was a coffee maker on the counter...they had them, they just wanted you to ask for them... So odd... Now I believe they are in the rooms...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Years ago I satyed at The Boardwalk Inn...The room was very expensive and nice... No coffee pot. I walked into the lounge area and there was a lady serving coffee at the closed bar and I thought "How nice" then when I asked for some coffee she kind of yelled "You got to pay!" at me... So I paid $4 for a cup of not so great coffee went to the front desk and complained... Spending a lot of money for a room, no coffeemaker in the room, and then having to pay for a cup of coffee in the lobby when at a thousand other nearby hotels that are lots cheaper I could get free breakfast... They refunded my $4, and when I got back to the room that afternoon there was a coffee maker on the counter...they had them, they just wanted you to ask for them... So odd... Now I believe they are in the rooms...
The DVC rooms have them, but we still bring our own anyway. People do weird things with coffee makers. And we had a few that looked like they had not been cleaned beyond rinsing the pot out with water.

I will say that when we have stayed on club level in various deluxe resorts, the coffee provided in the lounge was always very good (in my opinion of course).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom