Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

rioriz

"Plus, patriotism is just more present in America than in many other countries."

I'm not so sure I agree with that. I've been to many countries in Asia and Europe. The people in the places I've visited are in fact very patriotic. At least in my interactions with them over the years.

Some view it as Patriotism, I view it as Historical. This Country was founded on Independence and Patriotism and any display of that in the parks is a reflection of the USA'S history such as Frontierland representing history of Western Expansion.

Cesar R M

Nobody is making you visit.
:rolleyes:
My.. arent we "special"?
nickfury.jpg

TeriofTerror

There is a huge difference in patriotism (as in asking a person if they love their country). and then having flags, canons, memoralia, weapons, stickers, figurines, shows and ads constantly displaying how big and mighty your country it :p
What cracks me up is when people waving Confederate flags tell me I should "get over" losing to the angry oompa loompa. ;)

Cesar R M

What cracks me up is when people waving Confederate flags tell me I should "get over" losing to the angry oompa loompa. ;)
Or the same group telling black men to "drop the issue about slavery" while demanding you to "feel sad" for 9/11 and pearl harbor.
I mean, all these are outrageous events that should never be forgotten. (because those who forget history, tend to make the same mistakes again)

Goofnut1980

This isn't right or wrong. At this point, unless guest surveys really show a negative impact, we won't get a new night parade (night FoF is on the table, but not being pursued) until the 50th. One proposal was for it to be PtN but the overwhelming majority is looking towards a new, custom parade.

Maybe with a little magic and some pixie dust, and wishing really hard, we will get our own new shiny parade.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Question for you... What is the CM count for each Disney Park around the globe. Cali vs Shanghai vs World.. that sorta thing.

I know you would have the info on it.
Very roughly, and including part and full time:

DLP 15000
HKDL 7000 + new hotel
SDL 10000
TDL 21000
Dl 23000
WDW 71000

(And probably not totally accurate)

Last edited:

WDWTank

Should we need pixie dust and have to wish really hard for The Walt Disney Company's largest and highest grossing theme park in the world to get a new parade? That stuff should be automatically happening...
It should automatically be happening, but the Company seems to want to invest 1.4 billion dollars for Hong Kong, which isn't even financially successful in the first place.

CanadianGordon

I sit here reading this thread drinking water out of my 25th Anniversary WDW glass that I got at McDonalds that year.

Remember the Magic? I do. I may have visited as a kid once and then again as an adult. They BETTER remember the magic for the 50th. I'm planning on visiting again and spending a lot of money.

brb1006

I sit here reading this thread drinking water out of my 25th Anniversary WDW glass that I got at McDonalds that year.

Remember the Magic? I do. I may have visited as a kid once and then again as an adult. They BETTER remember the magic for the 50th. I'm planning on visiting again and spending a lot of money.
Speaking of Remember The Magic, the 25th had one of the most beautiful anniversary songs out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom