working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning. It's (insert string of bad words) cold!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not want to go outside if I don't have to! I really wanted to start my day with some yoga but opted for LS 5 advanced miles. I'll do my yoga when everybody leaves:) I see lots of artichokes in my future this week(guess what was on sale LOL) The guys are getting smoked turkey soup for dinner and I'm making artichokes and fennel with a light lemon sauce. To those that were in the path of the storm I hope you can get out safely or today's work and/or school is cancelled. Be safe out there and bundle up.

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning! 17 here with wind chill of 11!!:eek: But the sun is out and blue skies. Icy spots on the roads so no going out for me. Our drive is still a mess and not much snow has melted. Temps are on the rise tomorrow.
Walking inside and weights today.
Reheating chicken noodle soup for lunch and lasagna and salad for dinner. I like no-cooking days!
Everyone have a great day! Happy Monday!:)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
OK, my wife has to be in some place called Briarcliff Manor, NY. Monday through Thursday.
Our temp dropped on down to 16 and I just checked the weather up there. 17! So it is currently warmer in somewhere NY, by one whole degree, than it is in the sunny south.

That's the town right next to me! My dentist and my hairdresser are there.

It's supposed to warm up a bit later in the week.

Last edited:

Sans Souci

Hello-

What a snowy weekend! We got much more than the initial forecast predicted.

I took Saturday off, because my sinuses were killing me. Rain/snow always irritates my sinuses. I had post-nasal drip that was making me nauseous and I had pressure in my head that gave me a head, ear and teeth ache. I felt better once the snow passed through. So, I did I dance workout yesterday.

Also, I weighed myself for the first time in two months yesterday and I have lost 7.6 lbs.--even with the holidays. :) So, I will just keep on keeping on.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I took Saturday off, because my sinuses were killing me. Rain/snow always irritates my sinuses. I had post-nasal drip that was making me nauseous and I had pressure in my head that gave me a head, ear and teeth ache. I felt better once the snow passed through. So, I did I dance workout yesterday.

Also, I weighed myself for the first time in two months yesterday and I have lost 7.6 lbs.--even with the holidays. :) So, I will just keep on keeping on.
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I got my annual silly "I'm trying to get healthier for New Year's" phone call today. This year's was I joined the gym but it's busy after work when I can go. Duh...... between after work being busy in general it's January so hang in there and it should slow down in a couple of weeks was my advice for that time slot. He also said he wasn't feeling so good today because he's found early on the weekend was also a good time for him and the gym isn't so busy. Long story short he did both upper and lower body both days. The one good thing is he is cheap and likes to get his monies worth out of everything so I set him up with upper body on Saturday, lower body Sunday and a bit of both on Wednesday which he says is also not too busy there. I've also got him doing cardio 5 days a week. He's been walking and biking regularly so that part isn't the issue but not having done any weight in forever I think 3 days a week and he should be good for now. Feel free to chime in if you think I can make an improvement to his schedule thnx

A W Reezy

I got my annual silly "I'm trying to get healthier for New Year's" phone call today. This year's was I joined the gym but it's busy after work when I can go. Duh...... between after work being busy in general it's January so hang in there and it should slow down in a couple of weeks was my advice for that time slot. He also said he wasn't feeling so good today because he's found early on the weekend was also a good time for him and the gym isn't so busy. Long story short he did both upper and lower body both days. The one good thing is he is cheap and likes to get his monies worth out of everything so I set him up with upper body on Saturday, lower body Sunday and a bit of both on Wednesday which he says is also not too busy there. I've also got him doing cardio 5 days a week. He's been walking and biking regularly so that part isn't the issue but not having done any weight in forever I think 3 days a week and he should be good for now. Feel free to chime in if you think I can make an improvement to his schedule thnx

I'm a member of our local YMCA, and Workout Anytime. The Workout Anytime is $15 a month to be a member, so it's typically pretty crowded... Especially this time of year! I do my best to stay away from it unless it's after 10pm. The YMCA is more of a "Members Only" club. Pretty much same faces every night, and we're one big family. You can always tell when a new member shows up. LOL... But we do our best to make them feel welcome.

Figment, is there a certain goal he's looking for? Look better? Feel stronger? I just got off a program called "German Volume Training". It's a low weight, high rep workout 3 times a week. He'll be sore for the first few weeks, but it'll tone him out. I'm fat anyways, so I jumped off it, and went back to a strength building program. But I'd recommend GVT for anyone wanting to tone a bit.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm a member of our local YMCA, and Workout Anytime. The Workout Anytime is $15 a month to be a member, so it's typically pretty crowded... Especially this time of year! I do my best to stay away from it unless it's after 10pm. The YMCA is more of a "Members Only" club. Pretty much same faces every night, and we're one big family. You can always tell when a new member shows up. LOL... But we do our best to make them feel welcome.

Figment, is there a certain goal he's looking for? Look better? Feel stronger? I just got off a program called "German Volume Training". It's a low weight, high rep workout 3 times a week. He'll be sore for the first few weeks, but it'll tone him out. I'm fat anyways, so I jumped off it, and went back to a strength building program. But I'd recommend GVT for anyone wanting to tone a bit.
THNNX he wants to drop 30 pounds or so. The gym he joined is not exactly friendly but it's a block from his house and he's over 50 so he's going back to weights slowly. THNX for the help

epcotisbest

That's the town right next to me! My dentist and my hairdresser are there.

It's supposed to warm up a bit later in the week.
Her flight into Laguardia arrived on time and she is in route to her conference. She is disappointed the schedule is not going to allow for any tourist time. Last time several people went back into NYC and saw a play...one even shelled out big bucks for a ticket to Hamilton, she shelled out medium bucks for something else, but I don't remember which show. She has seen several shows there and tells me it is a whole different thing experiencing a Broadway show actually on Broadway.

Last edited:

epcotisbest

Hello-

Congratulations...I found the weight you lost over the holidays and even managed a few more to go with it. Trying to eat better now, and watching my carbs.
We went out Sunday and the place we went brought out a huge loaf of freshly baked bread and I did not touch it. Instead of fries or baked potato with my prime rib, I had steamed broccoli. Had a small salad with ranch dressing and we shared the prime rib, so my portion size was about half of what I would have typically had, so I'm trying again.
Way to go @Sans Souci like you said, keep on keeping on!

Last edited:

epcotisbest

So the drive to the airport was not too bad. Lots of school systems and some businesses closed because of the lingering snow and ice, so traffic was not as heavy as usual. Now, the drop-off area at the airport was still a madhouse on a busy Monday morning, but even the ride back through Atlanta could have been worse, so I can't complain too much. The problem with living well north of Atlanta, especially if you hate Atlanta traffic like I do, is you have to drive all the way through Atlanta then south to get to the Airport, then you have to turn around and drive all the way back through Atlanta again to head back home.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Her flight into Laguardia arrived on time and she is in route to her conference. She is disappointed the schedule is not going to allow for any tourist time. Last time several people went back into NYC and saw a play...one even shelled out big bucks for a ticket to Hamilton, she shelled out medium bucks for something else, but I don't remember which show. She has seen several shows there and tells me it is a whole different thing experiencing a Broadway show actually on Broadway.
I'm glad she made it to NY safe and sound but boo for no tourist time:(

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Congratulations...I found the weight you lost over the holidays and even managed a few more to go with it. Trying to eat better now, and watching my carbs.
We went out Sunday and the place we went brought out a huge loaf of freshly baked bread and I did not touch it. Instead of fries or baked potato with my prime rib, I had steamed broccoli. Had a small salad with ranch dressing and we shared the prime rib, so my portion size was about half of what I would have typically had, so I'm trying again.
Way to go @Sans Souci like you said, keep on keeping on!
Congrats getting back on track after the holidays is half the battle. You can do what ever you set your mind to. :)

93boomer

Premium Member
Hello-

Well done on the weight loss!! Congrats!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Seeing a "live" Broadway play is really an experience. They are nothing to compare to say, your high school drama team putting on an amateur production. Broadway is the big league for plays, and some of the theater also have some gorgeous sets and exciting effects. Oh, and then there's Off Broadway, and Off Off Broadway. So many interesting plays to see in Midtown--so little time though . . . (and money ;) ).

I was amazed that your wife's colleague was even able to get tickets to Hamilton. That's great!! :cat:

epcotisbest

Seeing a "live" Broadway play is really an experience. They are nothing to compare to say, your high school drama team putting on an amateur production. Broadway is the big league for plays, and some of the theater also have some gorgeous sets and exciting effects. Oh, and then there's Off Broadway, and Off Off Broadway. So many interesting plays to see in Midtown--so little time though . . . (and money ;) ).

I was amazed that your wife's colleague was even able to get tickets to Hamilton. That's great!! :cat:

The Hamilton ticket was purchased last minute from some kind of ticket reseller or broker at a (at least to me) ridiculous price. That was sometime this past summer.
As for seeing a real Broadway play, my wife has got to do that a few times and says it is amazing. We have been to some shows in Atlanta like Cats, Miss Siagon, Momma Mia, Wicked, The Lion King and some others, and my wife agrees with you and says it just does not compare to the real thing.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

That conference center is about ten minutes from me :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom