D-Living home decor store opening in the Town Center at Disney Springs next week

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I assume this is going into B15-105?

upload_2016-11-18_13-53-56.png

HiYa Pal

It's totally a "pop up" I see this as kind of a marketing ploy for the marketplace, "ohh you like these ______, well if you go to the Co-Op in the marketplace you can find an expanded collection of this line of ______" its kind of a brilliant way to get people to go down there when the garages drop them in the town center.

Jon81uk

I was thinking a similar thing, if the guests aren't going to the stores in the martketplace area, we'll bring the stores to them!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
There's a minimal interior design to this store--perhaps that's the trend now in modern shopping venues? As another member mentioned, it does have a "pop up store" feel to it. (Think I prefer the Marketplace stores in general, as that area just seems a bit more fun to me, than the Town Center section.)

Nevertheless, from what I can see in the photos from D-Living, the merchandise appears to be a mixture of Disney inspired items, and non-Disney. That sort of variety could be interesting; and I'd stop in there to browse, if I was in the area. The seasonal change of merchandise is also appealing.

Kman101

I wasn't very impressed by this store in the slightest. Small and to me a very poor selection. I didn't know what to expect but it wasn't very good. JMO.

Jon81uk

I wasn't very impressed by this store in the slightest. Small and to me a very poor selection. I didn't know what to expect but it wasn't very good. JMO.

I think it's only a temporary store anyway until Disney can find a new tenant. Pretty much all the Disney merchandise can be found somewhere else in marketplace

Next Big Thing

I think it's only a temporary store anyway until Disney can find a new tenant. Pretty much all the Disney merchandise can be found somewhere else in marketplace
I think it was more Disney taking advantage of an unused storefront during the holiday season when they could stand to make a decent profit in the area.

A tenant will come along eventually, but the fact that Disney is currently residing and not allowing for a company to set-up shop signifies that they don't have anyone lined up at the current time.

Kman101

Makes sense. That's all that was in there, a bunch of ... stuff that was found elsewhere. LOL

MagicHappens1971

This was a good concept had it been executed properly, like creating uniquely themed merchandise just for this location, but that's not something TDO seems capable of doing right now.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Great , another store that tests my self control :oops: ;)

I know, I know.... Coach, Saphora, Kate Spade, that store that sells sparkly things for your fingers.....

My achilles heel? The Fit2Run store over by Circ du Soliel....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom