Will the new Mummy movie mean updates for a dated ride?

Tom Morrow

Mummy is one of the most ridden attractions at Universal. The lines are often short because it has a very high capacity. I would like to see it reworked to have a more coherent storyline and replace the UV-lit static images during the fast section with physical sets.

champdisney

I can see them renovating the ride to cater to the new film but if the film happens to flop then Imhotep will continue to reign.

Disneyhead'71

Mummy has seen some upgrades recently, but they are having issues with the ride system. That never bodes well for a Universal attraction.

Fantastic Beasts would be a solid replacement.

danpam1024

Original Poster
Other than the Brendan Fraser appearance, what's dated about The Mummy?
For starters, I don't think all the statues in the "riches" room have EVER popped up., and they could use more real sets over the banner type things they have throughout the coaster part of the ride. And Fraser is SO DATED.:D (Although I'd much rather see him than Tom Cruz)

champdisney

Fantastic Beasts would be a solid replacement.
So far from what I'm hearing from friends and family (who are huge Potheads, no pun intended) they're not really digging Fantastic Beasts. Warner Bros is looking to make it another franchise with more sequels on the way (this has to be their attempt to compete against all the Star Wars films coming out) but ultimately it all depends on how the larger audience reacts to it. As for the Mummy replacement, if the rumor I heard is true (probably just blue sky chatter) then I can see it going so it can be part of a new land that Universal will dedicate to the Universal Monsters in the third park being that Universal has some kind of Monsters Cinematic Universe thing going on.

Tom Morrow

For starters, I don't think all the statues in the "riches" room have EVER popped up., and they could use more real sets over the banner type things they have throughout the coaster part of the ride. And Fraser is SO DATED.:D (Although I'd much rather see him than Tom Cruz)
If I recall correctly, there are not an even number of statues, that's why it looks like one is missing. I think each side is one mechanism so they can't pop up individually. I could be wrong but I don't think I am.

Twilight_Roxas

If Revenge of the Mummy gets updated to be theme to the reboot would it be officially canon to the Universal Monsters shared universe like how Hyperspace Mountain is officially canon to the Star Wars timeline?

Funmeister

NO MORE POTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean I love Potter, but there are SO MANY OTHER OPTIONS!

I hate to say it but you are in the minority when it comes to folks wanting more Potter. It is the same with Disney and Frozen. I have a feeling that Potter could even be one of the anchor experiences for the next gate. Remember, if you do not like it, you can always not ride it. There are plenty of other things to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom