Restaurant reservations

felipenor

Original Poster
Hi, guys.

I'm from Brazil and I'm going to DLP on January 9-11. I read about the restaurants and would like to try some of them, especially Walt's and Chez Remy. Are reservations necessary for January? Is there any other way to make them besides by phone (since I don't really want to make international calls to book a table)?

Thanks

Den Carter

Hi, guys.

I'm from Brazil and I'm going to DLP on January 9-11. I read about the restaurants and would like to try some of them, especially Walt's and Chez Remy. Are reservations necessary for January? Is there any other way to make them besides by phone (since I don't really want to make international calls to book a table)?

Thanks

I'd recommend both, especially Walt's.

I'd say you'd be OK making a reservation when you arrive at the resort, as January is a quiet time to visit, however because of this the restaurant hours and staffing are reduced. If you want to book for specific times (as opposed to taking what's left) I suggest you call. Although international calls can be expensive, if you have any outstanding Skype credit it's actually a cheap way to call.

felipenor

Original Poster
Thanks, Den.

What other restaurants would you guys suggest? We'll be there for 4 days, so I'm thinking about having dinner twice in Disneyland, once in WDS and maybe once in Disney Village.

Den Carter

There are lots of great options depending on what you like. Quick service restaurants in DLP really aren't great, but pretty much all the table service places are good quality.

In Disneyland Park the Silver Spur steakhouse in Frontierland is good, but for the sheer fun of it my favourite option (other than Walt's) is Blue Lagoon, which is primarily seafood. It's inside Pirates of the Caribbean, however you should check the closure dates for that ride as I know it's going into rehab soon.

At Studios the only great option is Remy's, which is fun and lovely.

At Disney Village there's a good Rainforest Café. If you fancy some really fun entertainment while you eat there's the Buffalo Bill Wild West Show, which is a 90 minute rodeo show with Mickey and friends and real horses, including beer and TexMex food.

The other good option is to eat in one of the hotels around Lake Disney.

Do you have a meal plan with your booking?

felipenor

Original Poster
I don't have a meal plan. I thought about ordering those menus with starter, main course and dessert and split it with my wife, who doesn't eat a lot. That would mean around 40 euros a meal for both of us.

Is the food at Blue Lagoon too "exotic?" Everyone seems to agree the theming there is great.

Den Carter

I don't consider Blue Lagoon exotic, but it may just be my taste. Here are the current fixed price menus for Blue Lagoon (I took this photo while I was there last weekend).

Not having the dining plan increases your options a lot - which is a good or bad thing depending on how you view it!

Attachments

• IMG_1036.JPG
    IMG_1036.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 36

JDL30

In my opinion the buffet restaurants are the best for choice and value. Have had many good meals in Plaza Gardens and Cafe Agrabah - would recommend booking them both in advance.

felipenor

Original Poster
I don't consider Blue Lagoon exotic, but it may just be my taste. Here are the current fixed price menus for Blue Lagoon (I took this photo while I was there last weekend).

Not having the dining plan increases your options a lot - which is a good or bad thing depending on how you view it!
Thanks, Den. From what I read on the menu it does look really good (and different from what I'd usually have in Brazil).

felipenor

Original Poster
In my opinion the buffet restaurants are the best for choice and value. Have had many good meals in Plaza Gardens and Cafe Agrabah - would recommend booking them both in advance.
Thanks for the suggestion JLD. I'll take a look at the prices.

daringstoic

I would highly recommend Chez Remy. The food wasn't outstanding, but I loved the atmosphere. We also ate at the Plaza and Cafe Mickey. The Plaza was a decent value for us because we had the meal plan, but I don't think I'd go there if I was paying out of pocket. Cafe Mickey's menu didn't really appeal to me, but the character aspect was fun. It took FOREVER to eat there though, even by European meal standards. That was our last thing before heading into Paris and we almost missed our Eiffel Tower tickets because our waitress disappeared for 45 minutes and then took a half hour to produce our desserts - cupcakes that were clearly pre-made and refrigerated. I was super excited to meet Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh there though because I've never seen him at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom