Transportation Testing Games

dreamfinder

Original Poster
We were at AKL last week, and the Transportation CM who tracks when buses arrive/crowds setup some "games" for kids to play while waiting. The CM said this is something they were testing before potential wide scale rollout. They had 2 of these beanbag toss targets, and a foam "puzzle" with the WDW resort map printed on it. The CM seemed to have kids try to find places on the puzzle. When I say puzzle it was 4 2ftx2ft pieces of that foam playfloor type material that interlocked. The kids I saw seemed to have fun playing with them.
i-gq38R3j-M.jpg

dreamfinder

Original Poster
I don't know that I'd want my small child tossing beanbags (and thus possibly chasing bean bags) at a bus stop.
As long as they are not setup near the curb it shouldn't be a problem. It's not like it's a ball that will roll a way.

They did put them far away from the road, I think that is about 1 feet from the bushes at the back of the AKL bus stops. In the very upper right corner you can see a triangular smidgen of dirt/mulch.

COProgressFan

Last fall, they were at the bus stop with replicas of different animal poo at the Jambo house bus stop -- the kids had to guess which animal it came from.

Funny enough, not only did my kids think this was great, they actually guessed them all correctly!

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
What does that even mean? I didn't realize it was do terrible for kids to have fun on vacation...

It's a bus stop, not an E-Ticket. What's next, special "fun buses" because Junior can't sit still for 2 minutes? I wish Disney would put a fraction of the effort into entertaining guests within their parks as they do with those waiting at their bus stops.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Yeah because there's nothing to entertain guests in any of the parks.....

Take it you haven't been to Hollywood Studios recently, or at least the portion that hasn't been demolished or behind construction walls. Epcot's also doing pretty good as well.... But hey throw some Frozen in there and some M+Gs and it's good.

rob0519

While I generally agree, I am not sure how something as innocent as yard games is enough evidence to signal the demise of humanity o_O

The game itself is innocent. The idea that a child is no longer taught to not be entertained every waking moment is troublesome. Bean bags at the bus, iPhone on the bus, interactive games in the queue, more iPhone games in a different queue and then again on the bus. Sorry, but parents need to be parents not games and iPhones being parents.

peter11435

Take it you haven't been to Hollywood Studios recently, or at least the portion that hasn't been demolished or behind construction walls. Epcot's also doing pretty good as well.... But hey throw some Frozen in there and some M+Gs and it's good.
You mean the park that is seeing the addition of two new lands that have been announced as well as a couple of other new attractions that have not yet been announce and over 1billion investment. Yeah, I've been there.

MrHappy

@monothingie and @rob0519, in May I waited at the TTC for the monorail to Epcot. It seemed to take forever to come. The kids (2 & 4) were getting anxious. It was hot, they were tired, I was desperate. I resorted to the type of games often used for long road trips: find the color blue somewhere, where's the tallest tree, etc. Then after I ran out of steam, I became a jungle gym for my daughter as my wife was the "stay off the bars" police with my son. Point is, kids are kids. Parents do what we can. I'm not one to have them veg-out over electronics, but a little corn-whole and name the poop sounds pretty great to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom