Annual Passholder/ Ticket Changes 2016

**Stacy**

Ok...so now I am little closer to buying an AP...just need to decide whether I am buying gold and doing Disney all year...or going silver and grabbing a Universal AP for the Summer. Or maybe I should just focus on work and my classes and save for a trip to Disneyland instead or maybe take a cruise. Ehh... I am feeling this is a case of too little too late for me. I am trying to get back to where I was a few years ago as far as excitement for all things Disney goes....but I think my Disney magic receptors are blocked.

Goofnut1980

We always used to buy the PAP when they had it for the 20% merch discount. And when it went away, so did us buying that AP.. We went to the regular one. I am really happy about this.

Does anyone know how to obtain a list of the Disney owned/run restaurants? Might make a difference whether I purchase the DDP or just pay cash. The AP part of MDE doesn't seem to work.

azox

A price drop would be the only way I bite on an AP these days. Disney went off the tracks with it's pricing on tickets years ago and it's about time they had a correction.

Looks like their stock price is finally starting to correct, maybe that will lead the way :)

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
We always used to buy the PAP when they had it for the 20% merch discount. And when it went away, so did us buying that AP.. We went to the regular one. I am really happy about this.

Does anyone know how to obtain a list of the Disney owned/run restaurants? Might make a difference whether I purchase the DDP or just pay cash. The AP part of MDE doesn't seem to work.

Special Dining Benefits
Enjoy your 45th Anniversary 20% discount at the following table-service and quick-service dining locations:

Disney's Magic Kingdom Theme Park

Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park

Epcot Theme Park

Disney's Hollywood Studios Theme Park

Disney Springs

Walt Disney World Resort Dining

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park

Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park

ESPN Wide World Of Sports Complex

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
How do they verify that you're a passholder? I'm assuming the waiter/waitress will scan your magic band to confirm?

You usually have to show your passholder card. You may have to show ID as well.

upload_2016-10-12_11-15-23.jpeg

azox

Your right, not everything but a lot of things have jumped up. Some of the ornaments are getting ridiculous for one little ornament figure.

Same with some of the shirts prices. T-shirts costing over $30 stopped a bunch of us from getting any this trip.

Epcotfan21

You usually have to show your passholder card. You may have to show ID as well.

View attachment 168830
Hmm I don't think I ever received the card. I still have the old black one that came with my original magic band purchased, but when I renewed online, I never received a new card. The black AP discount card I received says it expired in 2015.

Should I call and ask about this? I have an upcoming trip in 2 weeks and I want to make sure I'm able to take advantage of the discounts.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Hmm I don't think I ever received the card. I still have the old black one that came with my original magic band purchased, but when I renewed online, I never received a new card. The black AP discount card I received says it expired in 2015.

Should I call and ask about this? I have an upcoming trip in 2 weeks and I want to make sure I'm able to take advantage of the discounts.

You can get one from any Guest Services counter while you are there. We forgot to bring our card to Disney Springs once. We just had to go to Guest Services and show ID. They were able to look up our account and gave us new cards right away.

Epcotfan21

You can get one from any Guest Services counter while you are there. We forgot to bring our card to Disney Springs once. We just had to go to Guest Services and show ID. They were able to look up our account and gave us new cards right away.
Guess I can try that just in case. I went ahead and called Customer Service and the rep explained they don't mail out AP discount cards anymore and that the servers can verify by scanning your magic band at the table.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Guess I can try that just in case. I went ahead and called Customer Service and the rep explained they don't mail out AP discount cards anymore and that the servers can verify by scanning your magic band at the table.

That's good to know. Thanks.

See, MM+ is worth it after all!!

MagicHappens1971

The yellow card pictured above is the discount card and your ticket. I've never heard of them scanning your band to verify

Epcotfan21

The yellow card pictured above is the discount card and your ticket. I've never heard of them scanning your band to verify
Once they made the change to magic bands for Florida Resident passholders, that's all I've ever had. As I mentioned previously, I did have a black discount card, but that has long expired and when I renewed my pass online, I never received another card.

danv3

I just purchased new Gold passes for when we arrive in December... but I bought them Monday the 26th!!!!!

Any clue if i called Disney World Ticketing would adjust for the promo?

For what it's worth, I bought AP vouchers a month ago and redeemed them on 10/8, but I was given a 13 month pass.

MagicHappens1971

Once they made the change to magic bands for Florida Resident passholders, that's all I've ever had. As I mentioned previously, I did have a black discount card, but that has long expired and when I renewed my pass online, I never received another card.
When I got my pass in 2014 I was given a black card, when I renewed last year I was given the new yellow card pictured above. And I was told that it acts as your discount card, and I either use that or just show MDE to get the merchandise discount.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom