MK needs a Pinocchio dark ride.

DsnyFevr

Tota
I like the current lineup of attractions in Fantasyland. If they were going to get rid of Snow White's Scary Adventures, though, they definitely should have replaced it with a Pinocchio or Mary Poppins dark ride, not Princess Fairytale Hall.
totally agree

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I think its a small world should be moved to Epcot to open up space for a second new fantasyland expansion with Tangled, Frozen and a Pinocchio river raft or well a flume ride where you follow Pinocchio and Jiminy underwater and into Monstro to save Gepetto. I could imagine a giant Monstro figure stuck into the cliffs and guests would fall down from the mouth into a lagoon near Pinocchio's village. Then move philharmagic to Hollywood Studios and give it a randomized system. Now there's space for a new ride( Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Bambi etc.) you also have princess fairy tale hall, but I think it should either be moved or completely demolished so that there's again space for a new ride. Then last but not least, add a labyrinth and a dark ride based on Alice in Wonderland on a part of the Tomorrowland Speedway. The other part will become a new Tomorrowland E-ticket. An autopia style ride will be added to Motion pavilion at Epcot for guests that don't want to ride the thrills of Test Track.

No Frozen, pls

orlando678-

I know, I wish they would just stop putting so much IP in Epco. There are three IPs which I accept being Inside Out, Ratatouille and Wall-E, but Frozen really teaches guests nothing about Norway.

orlando678-

If only they refurbished the ride and maybe added scenes based on the Nordic gods or something, I would have been truly amazed by the ride, but now that its becoming Frozen, I have no idea how to feel. I like forzen and disney is probably going to create a ride with great technology, but the maelstrom's offer and the location just keeps feeling wrong.

Matt_Black

I know, I wish they would just stop putting so much IP in Epco. There are three IPs which I accept being Inside Out, Ratatouille and Wall-E, but Frozen really teaches guests nothing about Norway.

You've been on the ride then, have you?

Last edited:

orlando678-

Come on they call it Frozen Ever After and they announced that its just a sort of sequel of the first movie. I'm not convinced that this is going to be about Norway in anyway.

JohnD

WS needs more rides. Putting Pinocchio in Italy (unlike Frozen it's setting is a real country) would be great but there is probably no room for it. OTOH, there appears to be space between Germany and Italy where there are nothing but trailers now.

Again, if they can squeeze in a Frozen M&G between Mexico and Norway, they could squeeze in Pinocchio between Italy and Germany.

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

No more animated character and/or movie rides in WS. There's a vault full of great original and culturally relevant/respectful ride ideas at imagineering. We've seen some of the ideas with Rhine River Cruise, Mt Fuji and Matterhorn along with plenty of others for unbuilt pavilions (there's TONS of space to add more of). And there are plenty of other easy to imagine ideas that haven't even been thought of. Keep Fantasyland in Fantasyland.

You've been on the ride then, have you?
No one needs to given everything we know about it so far. Staggs ignored the concerns people were expressing about its relevant to Norway by confirming that it would be a "musical journey through the movie and its characters". And the released concept art with the Let it Go scene backs that up entirely. We were already told these things before the PR statements or art however from our insiders here such as WDW1974 (the one who broke the news about the ride in the first place and know what they're talking about). Anyone who thinks it will be anything more than the movie's story and characters is kidding themselves.

Walt Disney1955

No, they shouldn't have Pinocchio. They have it in Disneyland. That was the unique part about visiting Disneyland for the first time, there were rides you had never been on before. There has to be some separation between the two parks. Just like I have no problem with them never bringing Indy to WDW. The big issue WDW did was not use Fantasyland's size to its advantage and put more rides in. Or keep the old ones (Snow White).

Fox&Hound

1. I love Philarmagic- it could use an update (add Tangled, Frozen, Wreck it Ralph) but it's great because it's different than the dark rides that surround it. Variety is a good thing =)
2. I've ridden Pinnochio- meh....Just a bunch of random scenes that do not have a cohesive story. If changes were made to the version from Disneyland, okay, but not a clone.

Fox&Hound

I just wanted Frozen in the MK where it belongs, not Epcot

Think about it from a business, logistical standpoint. Do you really want the congestion that Frozen would bring to the MK? A massive E-ticket that takes over the Speedway (yes) but the lines snakes all the way through Fantasyland?!? Creatively, yes, it makes sense in MK, but if I was running things, I'd build in EPCOT too.

Mista C

I've been wishing for a Pinocchio dark ride in WDW since I was a kid. Loved the ride the one time I went to DL back in the 80's. I agree that having the exact same ride at both parks takes away some of the charm, but it could be totally different than the DL version which would make people want to see the version in both parks. Also, I know that it's beaten to death on these boards, but it's such a shame that awesome rides that once existed have been removed. Snow White was an absolute classic as well as Mr. Toad. Now I do love Pooh, but I just wish that they had kept Toad and built a new space for Pooh. Same with Snow White closing for PFTH. To be honest, I actually enjoyed Snow White more than Peter Pan. Loved the dungeons at the beginning. It just stinks that instead of adding to the incredible catalog of dark rides, two were removed to make way for others. It's like having to get rid of a music album every time that you buy a new one, instead of just keeping them all and having a huge collection. Just realized that was a bad example... does anyone actually buy albums anymore? :rolleyes:

Matt_Black

A Bambi attraction would fit somewhere in AK while the Pinocchio attraction will live on in hour hearts.

Would it? Bambi takes place in a temperate forest (the original book was written by an Austrian author, so let's assume somewhere in Europe), and currently there is no place in AK that fits that setting.

blueboxdoctor

There's a perfectly good Movie Theater that could easily fit it in...
mickeys-philharmagic-00.jpg
I like this show, but it doesn't really ever get too crowded. Maybe an updated film/new scenes would help out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom