Passholder single day ticket offer

Swissmiss

Premium Member
...but even if you did only one park or two...it's still a great deal and a nice way to introduce Disney to someone who has never been.

Exactly - this is how we used it at DLP - going with friends who had never been before and who probably would have passed at full price tickets.

NearTheEars

Reminds me off the time four years ago when Florida residents could buy a 4 day ticket for $99. Now that was a good deal.

That's the ticket I used for my first two visits after moving here. Applied the second one to an AP, which then took a big chunk out of the price.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
How is this latest development seen as a GOOD thing, Reeks of desperation to me in that attendance is declining and now they turn to AP holders to try and prop attendance figures up after going out of their way to alienate said passholders... Genius I say Simply Genius in best Wyle E. Coyote voice.
Just couldn't resist the urge could you?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Just couldn't resist the urge could you?

Why should I It's another cheap stunt from a company which instead of creating NEW experiences to drive attendance as it once did now relies on financial engineering tricks like this one to get bodies in the gate.

Not to mention the renamed Agent P game with some cheaply made props which in ADDITION to the FIVE HUNDRED DOLLAR UPCHARGE COST also requires PARK ADMISSION. But But it's teh Stah Warz...

CaptainAmerica

Why should I It's another cheap stunt from a company which instead of creating NEW experiences to drive attendance as it once did now relies on financial engineering tricks like this one to get bodies in the gate.
SMH. Tourism is a seasonal business. Seasonal businesses are built to accommodate peak capacity at peak times. During non-peak times, you have two options. The first option is to cut costs by closing things. The other option is to discount to prop up demand. This is basic, normal stuff that literally every company does. Even if they created $50 billion worth of new experiences, there would still be a peak season and an offseason, with promotions necessary to incentivize travel during the offseason.

Not to mention the renamed Agent P game with some cheaply made props which in ADDITION to the FIVE HUNDRED DOLLAR UPCHARGE COST also requires PARK ADMISSION. But But it's teh Stah Warz...
What did I miss? Serious question, what's the $500 upcharge thing?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

I'm sorry, but nobody is forcing this upon anyone. This is an OFFERING. I see nothing wrong with offering overpriced activities. If someone wants to waste their money on this, then its not my place to judge.

TeriofTerror

SMH. Tourism is a seasonal business. Seasonal businesses are built to accommodate peak capacity at peak times. During non-peak times, you have two options. The first option is to cut costs by closing things. The other option is to discount to prop up demand. This is basic, normal stuff that literally every company does. Even if they created $50 billion worth of new experiences, there would still be a peak season and an offseason, with promotions necessary to incentivize travel during the offseason.

What did I miss? Serious question, what's the $500 upcharge thing?
I think maybe this?
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...00-star-wars-augmented-reality-experience.htm

It isn't a 'cheap stunt'. Instead it is simply revenue management. Airlines and hotels do the same. Why should Disney, or any business, be different?

NearTheEars

Disney shouldn't do this because they're known for producing top knotch entertainment and attractions for its for parks. Disney is a multi billion dollar entertainment conglomerate that is constantly making cuts to entertainment

Are you calling for all discounts/promotions resort wide to come to an end?

I think they are a huge deciding factor for some families. Even if some of the hotel discounts just bring the prices down closer to acceptable from completely insane.

WDW862

This is a great deal. Trying to do 4 parks in one day is tough and you won't get to see everything at every park...but even if you did only one park or two...it's still a great deal and a nice way to introduce Disney to someone who has never been.

I did three parks in one day with time plenty of time left if I wanted to do another, its possible, considering AK and DHS have close to zero rides.

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
Are you calling for all discounts/promotions resort wide to come to an end?

I think they are a huge deciding factor for some families. Even if some of the hotel discounts just bring the prices down closer to acceptable from completely insane.
Oh oops. I took your post out of context. I thought you were referring to something else. I think this is a really nice thing they're offering

PhotoDave219

I thought this was interesting, 1 day park hopper for $79, the email reads "For a limited time, Passholders can bring a friend to experience all four Walt Disney World® Theme Parks. Show them the magic you know so well, including the incredible Main Street Electrical Parade before it leaves Magic Kingdom® Park! Simply purchase a 1-day Park Hopper® Ticket for $79 plus tax, August 12–September 30, 2016." I can't believe this one.

Obviously a ploy to get people into the parks for the last six-weeks of the fiscal year.

Shame they alienated their passholders with the rate hike in the first place....

NearTheEars

Obviously a ploy to get people into the parks for the last six-weeks of the fiscal year.

Shame they alienated their passholders with the rate hike in the first place....

We responded to the rate hike by dropping all the way down to seasonal. And to think we were premier level at one time. It's nuts to think our current season pass with months of blackouts costs nearly as much as our full AP did just a few years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom