Planet Coaster

StageFrenzy

Original Poster
Since this is the superior next gen theme park sim, it deserves it's own thread!

Now the creator of this video is super talented and he shows the flexibility of the game in it's alpha state.

StageFrenzy

Original Poster
Planet Coaster is coming to steam with the alpha 3 release. Alpha access sales stop on Aug 25, I'm on the fence if I want to go ahead and buy the alpha access.

Erich

Planet Coaster is coming to steam with the alpha 3 release. Alpha access sales stop on Aug 25, I'm on the fence if I want to go ahead and buy the alpha access.
I have the game, and well, it's been a while since the last update so I took a break from it so I can go into alpha 3 with a lot of intensity.
But while I did play it, I can strongly say that it is an amazing game. Once they add more customization to flat rides and paths the game will be one of the best games out there. Sometimes the game is hard to run due to the intensity of the graphics but still a great game.

StageFrenzy

Original Poster
I have the game, and well, it's been a while since the last update so I took a break from it so I can go into alpha 3 with a lot of intensity.
But while I did play it, I can strongly say that it is an amazing game. Once they add more customization to flat rides and paths the game will be one of the best games out there. Sometimes the game is hard to run due to the intensity of the graphics but still a great game.
heh I just bought the early access upgrade and have been experimenting with a New Orleans square build out. I made a zig zag path off of a main square into a very small courtyard surrounded by buildings and put the lanterns criss crossing the courtyard. I added some yellow, green and purple lights and livened it up with a bunch of confetti guns. Wasn't exactly what I pictured in my head but I felt pretty good about the end result.

Erich

heh I just bought the early access upgrade and have been experimenting with a New Orleans square build out. I made a zig zag path off of a main square into a very small courtyard surrounded by buildings and put the lanterns criss crossing the courtyard. I added some yellow, green and purple lights and livened it up with a bunch of confetti guns. Wasn't exactly what I pictured in my head but I felt pretty good about the end result.
When you're starting off you just mess around with everything, once you get the hang of it you get more detailed...
Then a new update comes around and it's a whole new experience that you have to relearn.
I think it'll me easier to make NOS after the new update because of the recoloring of building items and different roofs.

StageFrenzy

Original Poster
So Alpha 3 is out and things are still a little rough, but the game looks sooo good. I fired up the desert park with the wild blue yonder flat ride in it and was able to watch it for three cycles. BTW they added a fast pass line as well.

StageFrenzy

Original Poster
Is the game still incredibly broken? I havent seen anyone live stream it in a while.
Planet Coaster? There are tons of people uploading videos daily on youtube. There was a game conference that just finished that they invited some youtube players to play with the Alpha 3 version live in front of an audience.

Erich

Haha I am currently playing the game and nothing seems broken so far. The Priority Queue is such an impressive part of the game and really adds to the park very well. Today's the last day for alpha, if you really really really want it pick if up, if you can wait a bit wait for the final release.

Wendy Pleakley

Planet Coaster is amazing. If you want to build your dream virtual theme park, this is the game to do it in.

The elaborate buildings, scenery, and attractions people are creating is amazing, and the building tools in the game are still limited compared to what will be in the final release.

Not creative? No problem, there are amazing creations in the Steam Workshop you can download and incorporate into your park.

Here's an example. I downloaded some various pirate themed buildings and made a little pirate themed area. I surrounded it with a rock/palm tree berm. When you view the park via guest cam, it looks like a beautifully themed environment, and the guests cannot easily see other areas of the park. It has a very Disney feel.

PgACYTf.png

Erich

How does this compare to RCT3? I imagine it would be similar since Frontier is making it.
Well... It's the same art style, kinda cartoony. And the gameplay aspect is the same. But the detail with everything from modular building to people throwing away trash is amazing. The steam workshop integration is beyond our dreams.

If you like RCT3 you'll like planet coaster.

StageFrenzy

Original Poster
View media item 1836Here is two coasters I built in game, the castle in the foreground is the station for the red wing coaster. I built the Wing coaster first then molded the mountain around it. I left the key hole opening there for funsies originally then decided to build a second coaster and sent it through the opening.

StageFrenzy

Original Poster
It's no Lilly Belle, but the Connie Express should be coming to PC in the next update. In addition they were running an alpha weekend for the people who pre-ordered this weekend.

disneySimple2016

This is Beta v0.1 No one has it Yet, Nov 9th it comes out.
Next Monday/Nov 7 for there next stream Time TBA.
https://www.youtube.com/c/planetcoaster/live

CwMf_bSWAAAAuxr.jpg:large

Now they got a true theme park game!, speakers,or rock speakers!!! Now we can build a Space Mountain Ride! Now I can go to my own Theme Park for free! Nah, real life theme park is fun to, gives a break from other stuff.
Right now I have Alpha v3 early game to compare PC specs,

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Available OS Memory: 16332MB RAM [Future Upgrade Maybe]
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
It's heavy on ANY CPU on this version could improve in Beta 0.1
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
Display Memory: 12228 MB
Dedicated Memory: 4061 MB
Shared Memory: 8166 MB
DirectX Version: DirectX 12/11
This game is Direct X support 11 its not final specs yet.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom