Thoughts on Ohana for dinner?

SamJYung

Original Poster
Thinking of doing Ohana during our trip to Orlando. Haven't secured a booking yet, but I've checked back a few times and there have been a few openings. I just want to know what people's general thoughts are of the food? It looks pretty good from videos/what people are saying! What are your thoughts to those who have ate there for dinner?

DisneyFans4Life

Every trip we take to WDW we always make sure to eat at 'Ohana. Some will say they've had a bad meal there, but it's never been bad for us, and like any other restaurant...it may have an off night.

It's a really neat experience and best of all, it's all you can eat. Plus the dessert they serve is amazing; you have to remind yourself not to fill up on the main dish and leave room for the dessert!

belledream

Ohana definitely has fans. The atmosphere is lively and I'd recommend trying it at least once. For us, the food was hit or miss here and there. The apopetizers (wings and dumplings) were delicious...I wish I could have ate more! The meats, particularly the steak, came in various waves of good or overcooked. It just depends, I guess.

If you're interested, grab that open reservation ASAP.

danyoung56

My biggest problem at 'Ohana is that the appetizers are so incredibly good! They start you with a Polynesian bread that's to die for, followed by salad, fresh veggies, pot stickers, chicken wings - it's really a full meal right there. I tend to get so stuffed on all of this that I don't have much room for the main meats. But once they start bringing those skewers around I just haveta take a few chunks. The dessert is an incredible bread pudding, almost a bananas foster kind of thing. An excellent end to a really good meal!

SamJYung

Original Poster
Wow, amazingly lucked out and managed to just book a 6:45pm dinner reservation for the 31st of August! Guess It's a bit quieter that time of year, but I've been checking daily for the last few weeks and there was nothing! Thanks to whoever cancelled ;)

Most of the feedback seems to be positive, and it seems like a restaurant you have to try at least once during a trip to Disney so, I look forward to trying it out!

SamJYung

Original Poster
The only issue is that they only had space for 3. 3 other family members are staying with us and they may want to join, is it possible to Disney to add 3 more on to the reservation, or is there a way I can do this myself without cancelling my original booking?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The only issue is that they only had space for 3. 3 other family members are staying with us and they may want to join, is it possible to Disney to add 3 more on to the reservation, or is there a way I can do this myself without cancelling my original booking?
You can call Disney dining and ask (you cannot change your party size online from 3 to 6 guests.) With the popularity of 'Ohana, you will need to have a reservation for 6 if the others want to join you ~ if you show up with 6 on a reservation for 3, the others will be turned away.

StarshipDisney

'Ohana is a great place to eat. Our only problem with it is that we have never gone there really hungry due to snacking in the parks. By the time dessert came around, we were too full to really enjoy it. Make no mistake this is a big meal and all you can eat of anything they serve.

We are driving to Disney in September and this time we have an ADR for 'Ohana that evening. After a 7-hour drive, we should be really hungry and even have room to enjoy that wonderful bread pudding.

You will love 'Ohana!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
'Ohana is a great place to eat. Our only problem with it is that we have never gone there really hungry due to snacking in the parks. By the time dessert came around, we were too full to really enjoy it. Make no mistake this is a big meal and all you can eat of anything they serve.

We are driving to Disney in September and this time we have an ADR for 'Ohana that evening. After a 7-hour drive, we should be really hungry and even have room to enjoy that wonderful bread pudding.

You will love 'Ohana!

That's what we do it's usually our arrival night meal now to make sure we are hungry! Haha! We drive 12 hours so besides stopping only once or so to eat we are starving when we get to WDW. ;)

sxeensweet

Isn't this the one where children are encouraged to run around or something? I've avoided it so far.

Ummm no never seen such a thing. Lol They do try to get children to participate when the lady comes out that sings and plays the ukilele but they are not running or encouraged to run around the restaurant. Adults and children also do a follow the leader line to one song but still no one running around the restaurant. It's all organized in one spot in the center of the restaurant and no one is running around like mad. It's amazing how many untruths are out there about WDW. Haha! :cat::p

Tony the Tigger

Ummm no never seen such a thing. Lol They do try to get children to participate when the lady comes out that sings and plays the ukilele but they are not running or encouraged to run around the restaurant. Adults and children also do a follow the leader line to one song but still no one running around the restaurant. It's all organized in one spot in the center of the restaurant and no one is running around like mad. It's amazing how many untruths are out there about WDW. Haha! :cat::p

OK, thanks for the clarification! I thought I remembered hearing about some organized activities, which is usually enough to keep me away LOL.

aladdin2007

we had dinner here tonight and it was not as good as it use to be. it was so crowded and backed up we waited 45min past our reserve time even after checking in 15min early.. the polynesian was just insanely crowded everywhere....the food was okay, as said above the appetizers are better than the meats, but we got steak first before any of the appetizer dishes, and then they came around with the other meat, it was all turned around. the server had way too many tables and big parties to take care so we were kinda put on the back burner and waited forever for everything being a party of two. the floor was filthy when we sat down.. our food was okay but anymore they are just throwing things together and not cleaning up...... you def dont leave hungry, but the meats were all either burnt up or like rubber. I could stick with the veggies and noodles and salad and wings/potstickers and be happy. will be awhile before we go back.

sxeensweet

OK, thanks for the clarification! I thought I remembered hearing about some organized activities, which is usually enough to keep me away LOL.

Lol...You don't even notice it really unless you sit right by her. It's non obtrusive. We have never even remotely been near where they were except once and still really didn't bother us (me and DH). Even if you are it really is no big deal. No one is forced to participate etc. It's actually really cute. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom