Wilderness Lodge DVC additions - Copper Creek Villas & Cabins

Rodan75

None of the cabins will be over the water, they will all be within the woodlands.
gotcha. I misunderstood the plans and what others were saying. Makes more sense for these to be lakeside cabins. They still look kinda small...smaller than the poly cabins

cindy_k

I have some pictures from my stay this weekend.

The new bar/community hall/restaurant building thing... with Ladder ;)
uri3nT3.jpg

Cabin footprints:
MOAFbnu.jpg

They have left Tree Islands, where the water ponds are supposed to be, not sure what they are up to with that. Natural look creek-scaping vs a full pond, is the only reason we can think of, for not clearing those out.
3iOQdY2.jpg

Album of pics here:
http://imgur.com/a/6Qckc

Also they are going to have to clear out some underbrush on this side if these cabins are going to have a view of the water.

FutureCEO

Saw this at DAK Lodge this fall. Dad with two little girls arriving at pool around 8am with bathing suits on, towels, pool toys, etc. But pool was closed. Kids of course seemed disappointed. With two small kids of my own, I felt their pain.

Sometimes its nice to have a nice quiet, early morning swim. Would be nice to see longer hours.

I noticed that at the Contemporary this year. It was sad when you want to go into the pool at 730 or little later. The pools open late. The small pool that doesn't have lifeguards was open right after they cleaned it which was around 8. I'm talking AM not PM.

mm121

Pools need to be open until midnight. Even if 10-12am is adult swim or quiet swim. How much is a life guard shift per resort for 1-2 extra hours.
i missed some posts here

but with the new fences is it now completely impossible to use the pools afterhours?

the pools have always had "guarded" hours, but no one seemed to care if you used the pool "at your own risk" during the closed hours

if true that really stinks!!! enjoying a nice dip in the hot tub was always a great way to end a fun day at the parks

and thats crazy they dont "open" till 9am especially in the summer when it gets light out super early

while i understand not wanting to pay for guards all the time, whatever happened to us being able to decide for ourselves whats safe to do and what isnt

i'll gladly accept the risk if i drowned in the middle of the night, i was never alone anyways so theres safety in the buddy system

i'm really not a fan of all these new restrictions and limitations on "vacation" a trip to Disney is starting to feel like a trip to school with all the rules and things you cant do anyore than you use to be able to do

a deluxe isnt even worth it if the pool is HARD CLOSED!, since i normally spend my vacation tie at the parks and other things during the day, so the only time to really use the pool is nightime

Figment2005

i missed some posts here

but with the new fences is it now completely impossible to use the pools afterhours?

the pools have always had "guarded" hours, but no one seemed to care if you used the pool "at your own risk" during the closed hours

if true that really stinks!!! enjoying a nice dip in the hot tub was always a great way to end a fun day at the parks

and thats crazy they dont "open" till 9am especially in the summer when it gets light out super early

while i understand not wanting to pay for guards all the time, whatever happened to us being able to decide for ourselves whats safe to do and what isnt

i'll gladly accept the risk if i drowned in the middle of the night, i was never alone anyways so theres safety in the buddy system

i'm really not a fan of all these new restrictions and limitations on "vacation" a trip to Disney is starting to feel like a trip to school with all the rules and things you cant do anyore than you use to be able to do

a deluxe isnt even worth it if the pool is HARD CLOSED!, since i normally spend my vacation tie at the parks and other things during the day, so the only time to really use the pool is nightime
Warning labels exist because someone let someone else decide what was safe for them, and then hurt themselves. Until the stupid people of the world are gone we will never truly be free to do what we want.

Jon81uk

Trouble is you understand the risk but a four year old doesn't and can run into the pool in seconds. Florida Law means they need a fence round any refurbished pool now as drowning is a big cause of death in young children. Unfortunately Disney has decided to go one step further and lock the gates when the pool is closed, but this also means parents and a child can't enter the pool area, Mum turns away to put sun cream on Dad and in those few secods the child could be in a dangerous situation with no lifeguard to intervene. Yes, that is an extreme situation but Disneya re taking the better safe than sorry approach.

prberk

Actually, in today's highly litigious atmosphere, I understand the existence of the fence and limited hours for those pools monitored by lifeguards, which I think is practically every guest pool on property anymore.

I understand the rational...I just don't like it.

I don't understand 10 am to 8 pm hours in the winter at all. 8 am to 11 pm year round would be more reasonable.

Pools need to be open until midnight. Even if 10-12am is adult swim or quiet swim. How much is a life guard shift per resort for 1-2 extra hours.

For the price you pay to stay at any of these resorts, the pool should be open early and late, even if they feel they need a lifeguard. And, no, I am not being a smart-aleck, knee-jerk, Disney-is-evil-and-can't-do-anything-right-these-days complainer. It is just true. The Disney resorts are marketed as full-scale resorts, where you can "stay in the magic," except that when come back to the resorts after the park, everything is closed. I think the resort gift shops, snack bars, and especially the pools should be open later or earlier than the parks. It just makes sense that at these large vacation resorts built alongside theme parks, the hours should take that into consideration.

Why pay $200-$500/night to "stay in the magic" when everything at your hotel closes by the time you get back from your $100 day at the park and doesn't open up again until after the parks do? Otherwise, if you want to swim or shop at the hotel gift shop, you might only have time to wait in line and ride Frozen when you get to Epcot.

Bocabear

I remember the one and only time I stayed at one of the All-Star hotels, and it was after midnight and the Brazilians were in the pool chanting and screaming... We just wanted a quick cool down dip after the parks but the noise made it really unpleasant... However, I agree, the hotel amenities really should be open late... There have been many times we have gotten back to the hotel late and wanted a swim or something to eat, and there is absolutely NOTHING open... The Dolphin had a place that was open 24 hours and I remember it being very crowded around midnight when folks finished up at the parks for the day...

mm121

Trouble is you understand the risk but a four year old doesn't and can run into the pool in seconds. Florida Law means they need a fence round any refurbished pool now as drowning is a big cause of death in young children. Unfortunately Disney has decided to go one step further and lock the gates when the pool is closed, but this also means parents and a child can't enter the pool area, Mum turns away to put sun cream on Dad and in those few secods the child could be in a dangerous situation with no lifeguard to intervene. Yes, that is an extreme situation but Disneya re taking the better safe than sorry approach.

for the amount of money they get from ONE room they could easily extend the hours from like 6/7am to midnight

what happens if you jump the fence?

it just really sucks that the lawyers and stupid people have destroyed the freedom and magic that use to exist in the world

FerretAfros

The pool hours have been a problem for years, and have only gotten worse since the fences allow them to actually enforce the rules rules. The quiet pools never have lifeguards on duty, so they're actually open 24/7; the main pools have lifeguards some of the time, and are closed the rest of the time, even though the quiet pools remain open. The hot tubs never have lifeguards, but since they're on the same pool deck as the main pool, they close when not attended as well. It's logic that only a lawyer could love.

Personally, this is especially problematic for runDisney weekends. The races start at an ungodly hour (usually 5:30am) so that the roads and parks can be cleared in time to let day guests in. Of course, this means that runners are often back at their hotels hours before the pools open (~10am, since the races are intentionally scheduled for otherwise-slow periods) and have to find creative ways to get into the hot tub for some post-race relaxation before heading to the park. Of course the pools also close around 8pm, making them all but useless if you intend to visit any of Disney's very expensive theme parks while you're staying at their very expensive hotel

I understand why the races are so early for the greater good, and I can deal with it. I also understand the "no lifeguard on duty" stuff and can sort of agree with it. But given that the hot tubs are never guarded yet close down along with the main pool, we're paying and arm and a leg to stay at these hotels, and we are being majorly inconvenienced by Disney's own scheduling, is it really so absurd to think that the pools might be open outside of theme park hours?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
i missed some posts here

Repeat after me 'Wall Street is Disney's Customer, Guests merely provide the funds to service Wall Street" Once you have memorized this you will understand why the pools are closed during peak pool hours, A dollar spent on lifeguards is a dollar less for Wall Street.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The pool hours have been a problem for years, and have only gotten worse since the fences allow them to actually enforce the rules rules. The quiet pools never have lifeguards on duty, so they're actually open 24/7; the main pools have lifeguards some of the time, and are closed the rest of the time, even though the quiet pools remain open. The hot tubs never have lifeguards, but since they're on the same pool deck as the main pool, they close when not attended as well. It's logic that only a lawyer could love.

Personally, this is especially problematic for runDisney weekends. The races start at an ungodly hour (usually 5:30am) so that the roads and parks can be cleared in time to let day guests in. Of course, this means that runners are often back at their hotels hours before the pools open (~10am, since the races are intentionally scheduled for otherwise-slow periods) and have to find creative ways to get into the hot tub for some post-race relaxation before heading to the park. Of course the pools also close around 8pm, making them all but useless if you intend to visit any of Disney's very expensive theme parks while you're staying at their very expensive hotel

I understand why the races are so early for the greater good, and I can deal with it. I also understand the "no lifeguard on duty" stuff and can sort of agree with it. But given that the hot tubs are never guarded yet close down along with the main pool, we're paying and arm and a leg to stay at these hotels, and we are being majorly inconvenienced by Disney's own scheduling, is it really so absurd to think that the pools might be open outside of theme park hours?

A dollar for Life Guards is a dollar less for Wall Street in Disney's calculus. Wanna change Disney's behavior don't visit and sell your Disney stock and if possible dump your ESPN subscription from your cable package.

Bocabear

If Only I could drop my ESPN subscription, but unfortunately it is bundled in...I have never watched one minute of my 12 channels of never ending ESPN sports coverage... I would gladly take an ugraded art and entertainment package and dump the sports altogether...but this is just not possible....darn it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom