RIP Disney Infinity

Rich T

Well...that...just...sucks... :(

If they hadn't announced this now, I would've gone ahead and bought the Looking Glass and Dory sets and figures due in May and June. Now... Pffffff.

Rich T

There's still Peter Pan the Artist's Choice.
The news coming out is that the entire staff of Avalanche Software has been laid off, and that anything beyond the Nemo set, including Roque One, is canceled. I'm afraid that might mean Peter Pan is canceled too, unless they've already manufactured the figure... but I'm not too optimistic about this.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I guess that Robin Hood figure people always speculated about is never happening...
I never played Disney Infinity, but this is surprising to me.

Rich T

Sucks for the many who invested in this game. I, myself considered getting it but what's the use if its getting axed.
I'd almost recommend getting it anyway-- because it's amazing-- BUT the moment they kill the game's online servers... I don't even know if it'll be playable without a major final patch to make it a completely offline experience.

At least the figures are awesome by themselves. I'm keepin' Baloo, Judy, Nick, Donald and Davy Jones on my desk. :)

jensenrick

WHAT!? This is ridiculous! They are always talking about how they lead the "toys to life " field or whatever it's called, but they are pulling out? This bites hard.

Rich T

WHAT!? This is ridiculous! They are always talking about how they lead the "toys to life " field or whatever it's called, but they are pulling out? This bites hard.
I'm guessing that, even though it's the #1 Toys-to-Life game, the genre as a whole is declining, and Infinity wasn't making enough money to justify the money they were putting into its ongoing development. What a pity; Infinity's a work of genius, and with more great IP to work with than any other company in the world, Disney could have kept growing Inifinity into something mind-blowingly vast.

On the other hand, no one knows where the game market is headed beyond today's emphasis on mobile. Maybe Disney's smart to go back to licensing their IPs and letting others take the risk of producing games in a quickly-shifting hardware environment.

Bacon

Well...that...just...sucks... :(

If they hadn't announced this now, I would've gone ahead and bought the Looking Glass and Dory sets and figures due in May and June. Now... Pffffff.
Dory is the end and alice is coming so yep you can still get them

Rich T

Dory is the end and alice is coming so yep you can still get them
Can...but won't. Any desire to pour more money into the game has evaporated, especially on figures that would just have been "part of the collection" as opposed to figures I actually would have bought game or no. (Now, if they'd gone with classic animated wonderland figures instead of Tim Burton's...that would've been an insta-buy.)

I just really hope they give the game a final patch to remove any online connectivity requirements. When you think of all the animation, voice work and cleverness that went into each and every figure... it's a shame more people won't get to experience it all.

I'm very glad Baloo saw the light of day-- My vote for all-time best Infinity figure, in-game and out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom