Trip Report "I'm COLD!" : Our chilly (to me!!) & then hot April TR!

It’s so hard to believe we’re back already! All the planning and waiting and thinking about your trip and then the trip comes and goes so fast it’s like you blinked and it’s over. Just like that you are waiting for your next trip again! It’s fun to re – live however, so here is my trip report for our trip from 4/8-4/16 at Caribbean Beach Resort!

You can read my PRE TRIP Report here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/we-have-to-go-back-april-2016.906141/

CAST:
Me- Brittany aka Mom!
AJ- My Husband
Harper- Our princess 21 months.
Gigi- My mom
Pappy - My step dad

Where: Caribbean Beach Resort

When: April 9th - April 16th

Thursday 4/7

After I left work on Thursday night, I decided that I’d get my “Disney nails” done tonight rather than going in the morning since I’d agreed to take my mom’s dog to the vet to be boarded because they worked until lunch time on Friday. So I zipped out to the mall and got my nails done in what seemed to be record time, and got back home while Harper was still awake. I remember she was up late this night and sat with us watching cartoons. We didn’t care since we didn’t have to get up early in the morning.

Friday 4/8
I think we woke up around 6:45am on Friday. Harper woke up really early and I remember being bummed because I didn’t want her nap time to be before we left and have to wake her up to leave (luckily, this wasn’t an issue). Most of my stuff was packed up so I left around 8:15am to go over and take my mom’s dog to the vet. Mom was still there so we chatted a bit before we went off our different ways. Since I was taking her car, I went straight home after dropping him off.

This part is all kind of a blur, but we packed the car, moved the car seat, and attached her DVD player. We also finished cleaning up around the apartment and made sure nothing was on, and made sure we turned the air off before we left. Before we knew it, we were headed over my mom’s house to meet my parents there to leave together! (something we decided to do fairly last minute)
IMG_3032.JPG

IMG_3029.JPG

First thing we did before leaving town was getting some coffee’s from Dunkin! It’s not a road trip without drinking coffee on the way out of town! We ended up getting on the road RIGHT around 1:30pm which is exactly what we planned on! We were taking a new route this year! We took I-81S to 77 (and eventually I-26) which was a BEAUTIFUL ride. I could not stop taking pictures over the mountains.
IMG_3060.JPG

Good thing I wasn’t driving! J One big difference this year on the trip? IT WAS COLD! Every time we stopped, I was freezing. I am NOT used to this!

Most of the drive was uneventful and easy. When Harper took her nap eventually, I read some of my book and stared out the window! We stopped somewhere in NC for dinner at K&W Cafeteria. These places are pretty cool and made for a pretty quick stop. Harper wasn’t real interested in eating, but she was happy running around a little bit. I think it was about 8pm when we were done dinner and we tried to decide how much further we thought we could go. After last year when we WAY overdid it, we decided that we’d only drive until 11pm and then stop for the night. My mom made reservations at the Hampton in Orangeburg, SC. When we got there the place was BOOKED and the parking lot was full. They said it was because of the Master’s. The room was gorgeous, and modern. The bathroom was bigger than ours at home, and had a nice spacious tub.
IMG_3071.JPG

We went right to bed though, and woke up early the next morning.

Last edited:

magicmom4

Really enjoying your report. We went April 3-8th and had "chilly" weather as well. However, this middle aged mama loved it lol. And I just discovered the joy of iced coffee as well, so refreshing and yummy at the parks. My 15yo actually said he wanted to stay at the Caribbean one time so he has been looking at your pics as well.

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
I'm really enjoying your TR and you took some great pictures, too. For some reason, the one that really caught my attention was the picture of little Harper looking over to the mammoth Tree of Life. I thought that was such a cute picture!!! :happy:
I loved that picture! It was such a pretty day, and that little spot was so empty. It was perfect! :)

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Really enjoying your report. We went April 3-8th and had "chilly" weather as well. However, this middle aged mama loved it lol. And I just discovered the joy of iced coffee as well, so refreshing and yummy at the parks. My 15yo actually said he wanted to stay at the Caribbean one time so he has been looking at your pics as well.
Don't get me wrong, I didn't really mind it, it's just normally sweltering when we are there and it was sooo crazy that I was COLD in Florida. It just seems like a strange strange thing! During the afternoon's it did warm up though!

I will have plenty more pics of the resort coming up soon! :)

Thanks for following!

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
I was at WDW from April 14-18, and when that breeze blew it was quite chilly! Luckily, I had a jacket that I'd worn down.

Wonder if we crossed paths without knowing! :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was chilly! :)

Let's see.. Thursday just AJ and I were in MK, and Friday we were back in MK as a family! So Magic Kingdom both days!

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Monday 4/11 DHS!

This morning we had nothing to rush to, so AJ made the long walk over to the food building and got breakfast for us all while Harper and I played in the room. I think this was the only time during the week we got breakfast there. We were trying to save a little money not buying breakfast every day!

After we were all ready to go, we headed to the bus stop. Harper was already super grumpy, so I was a little nervous how today would go. We didn’t see my parents until later in the day. They wanted to sleep in. I wonder what that is like? Once we got in the park, the first stop was Starbucks. This became a ritual this week. First stop once in the parks. I wonder just how much money we spent there? Actually… maybe I don’t want to know. Some days we went twice! I sat out on the street with Harper and we watched some characters come by on a car, and then I jumped up and got some photopass pictures with just Harper and I.
(all photo pass pictures will be posted once we get our disk and they don’t have writing all over them! we got some great ones this week!)
IMG_3298.JPG

Coffee’s in hand, we had some time before our second FP which I believe was Star Tours (we missed the Disney Jr show because we did wake up later than normal), so we walked around for a bit. However, when Harper saw our Starbucks cups she decided to have a meltdown because she really wanted it. Full on screaming, crying, thrashing around fit. WOWSA. We pulled her out of the stroller and sat at the tables across from the ABC commissary until she calmed down a bit, and then off to Star Tours we went. I let AJ go first, and walked around a bit, and then I went.
IMG_3299.JPG

After that we did TSMM with Harper. It was fun. I can’t remember my score, it wasn’t too high but my accuracy was over 40%, so I’ll take it!

I met my parents in One Man’s Dream while AJ went and watched a bit of the Star Wars show going on. When he got back we decided to get some lunch and went to the Backlot Express. We’d never been there before, and it was nice to try somewhere different.

After that, I believe we parted ways again because my parents had a FP somewhere. Harper had fallen asleep so I was pushing her around (no idea where AJ was? ) when he got back we checked out the Writer’s Block store. It’s really cute. It’s like a little book shop that sells beer and coffee and fancy snacks like cheese and crackers. AJ was all ready to get a beer until he realized that his ID was back in the room. Those darn magic bands! We forget we still need ID’s.

After meeting back up with my parents, they took sleeping harper to a shaded spot, and AJ and I made our way to ToT! I haven’t been on this in years and was so nervous even though I love it. It was loads of fun. Our pictures are hilarious! There was a little boy behind us who was about 5 or 6 and he was utterly terrified. Not sure why people MAKE their kids do things like this. I will never forget that poor kids face when we got off.

By this point, it was actually getting pretty hot. I think it was the first time I felt the heat in the week. We were all ready to go and headed for the buses. We waited a good while for the bus to CBR this day, and Harps managed to sneak under the chains and run off and I had to run after her. She does not like waiting for the bus. The patience is not very strong with her.

Back at the resort, we decided to give swimming a shot in our little quiet pool. Everyone got suited up and off we went. Harper was unsure at first but was okay once AJ got in with her. I never made it past my legs because I was COLD! (those breezy evenings really got me!) After we got dressed again, we met my parents on the beach where they were relaxing on a hammock and took a few pictures. We then headed for dinner and a stop at the playground so Harper could burn off some steam!
IMG_3306.JPG

Harper with her Gigi and Pappy!
IMG_3310.JPG

IMG_3312.JPG

We headed in kind of early tonight because we had another early morning with an ADR at Ohana which I was extremely excited about. Stitch is my favorite, and seeing the poly certainly never hurts either!

That’s it for our DHS day! Next up.. Ohana and Magic Kingdom!

There was a little boy behind us who was about 5 or 6 and he was utterly terrified. Not sure why people MAKE their kids do things like this. I will never forget that poor kids face when we got off.
I always feel terrible for the kids forced to go on rides like TOT. I went willingly when I was five and I can still remember how much I hated the experience!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom