Memories of DHS / MGM

SteveAZee

Untitled-76.jpg

In 1990, dressing up for the Let's Make a Deal live show.

Garfield

I think it was around 1991, we went on the original backstage tour. My daughters were 5 and 2 at the time, but they still look at our photos and scream "That's the Golden Girls house!". An even better memory is getting off the tour at the halfway point and walking past crates/boxes from ACME that, when opened, had various sound effects. Still have a video of the girls running around lifting the lids and laughing at the sound effects. I agree with a previous post, nothing big and not a fancy ride, but these two things stick out in our memory.

stretchsje

I always enjoyed volunteering for the back-lot tour, the part with all the water effects. Fun to watch, far more fun to participate!

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Some of the images my mom recently uploaded from our trip in 1992 ( I was 9 at the time)... a lot has changed... a lot has stayed the same...

529880_374762499227724_502545306_n.jpg 533437_374762489227725_1885372539_n.jpg 577450_374762429227731_1378878500_n.jpg 578367_374762445894396_561507942_n.jpg 578882_374762409227733_1603337_n.jpg

Some of the things I remember (keeping in mind that I'm not sure if all of this was from the same trip... we went several times when I was a kid and most of those trips kind of blend together)...

-TNMT!!!
-Getting selected with my brother to ride the giant bee (from HISTK) in the backlot tour
-Being terrified of the Alien segment in TGMR
-Stopping by my cousin's desk in the Animation Dept (she worked as an animator for Disney from Little Mermaid through Tarzan)
-The backlot tram was SO much longer...
-The Muppet stage show where the monorail "crashes" onto the stage...
-The TV show "Dinosaurs"'s parade pumping out that "Open the door get on the floor, everybody do the dinosaur" song...

(Not my video, but for those who didn't see it...)

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Some of the images my mom recently uploaded from our trip in 1992 ( I was 9 at the time)... a lot has changed... a lot has stayed the same...

View attachment 138062 View attachment 138063 View attachment 138064 View attachment 138065 View attachment 138066

Some of the things I remember (keeping in mind that I'm not sure if all of this was from the same trip... we went several times when I was a kid and most of those trips kind of blend together)...

-TNMT!!!
-Getting selected with my brother to ride the giant bee (from HISTK) in the backlot tour
-Being terrified of the Alien segment in TGMR
-Stopping by my cousin's desk in the Animation Dept (she worked as an animator for Disney from Little Mermaid through Tarzan)
-The backlot tram was SO much longer...
-The Muppet stage show where the monorail "crashes" onto the stage...
-The TV show "Dinosaurs"'s parade pumping out that "Open the door get on the floor, everybody do the dinosaur" song...

(Not my video, but for those who didn't see it...)

Some family photos of the Dinosaur parade from August 1993.
1993-08-DinosaursLive1.jpg
1993-08-DinosaursLive2.jpg

Acidsplat

I don't know much about the original Backlot Tour, but I'm fairly certain that the building you have squared-off in red is filled with props and things from films and old MGM parades and attractions and is rented out as private event space.
Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 10.02.33 AM.png
Different props than the ones in the tram queue building?

EOD K9

I remember the old "Lax Security" armored truck in front of the bank on NY Street. The added sounds pumped in of cars and buses was a great effect. The Super Star TV attraction was so much fun. I played the detective for the Golden Girls scene when I was a freshman in college. I guess I was typecast in my first role, and I haven't been able to break out of that since.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom