"Disney Early Morning Magic - Fantasyland" Anyone know?

me_stitch

Premium Member
I don't get all the negativity, if u want to eat breakfast and ride 7DMT with no line a couple times for $69 then this sounds great, if u think it's a ripoff then just don't do it, no one is forcing you. Disney is always looking for ways to stay ahead of the competition. Myself, I'm doing a 5 day trip with my daughter in August and might try this, I was looking for a breakfast option anyway.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I don't get all the negativity, if u want to eat breakfast and ride 7DMT with no line a couple times for $69 then this sounds great, if u think it's a ripoff then just don't do it, no one is forcing you. Disney is always looking for ways to stay ahead of the competition. Myself, I'm doing a 5 day trip with my daughter in August and might try this, I was looking for a breakfast option anyway.

not the point. The point is...Disney is trying to nickel and dime guests every which way they can and it's ticking off a lot of long-time park goers.

CaptainAmerica

not the point. The point is...Disney is trying to nickel and dime guests every which way they can and it's ticking off a lot of long-time park goers.
What are you talking about? This is a new offering, why should it be free? You spend a few hundred dollars on a cell phone or an iPad, is it "nickel and diming" that you have to buy a case separately? Is it "nickel and diming" when you go to Applebee's and your soda costs an extra $2.50 on top of the price you pay for your entree? If you don't see the value (and I'm with you, I don't either), then just don't do it. There's no need to be offended that it's even offered just because it's not your cup of tea.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The quality of advice by General Obvious and the officers of the Fandango Boys Corps is fantastic. Im awaiting the guidance on wiping after dumping, ponchos in inclement weather and the medicinal qualities of WDW and pixie dust for those suffering from financial prudence.

Not a fan of hot beverages, wonder if theyll swap in some vodka.

flyerjab

To me, nickel and diming people would be if after you paid to enter the park, you would have to pay extra to ride certain rides, or you could eat in BoG, but would have to pay extra to eat in the West Wing, or when you paid for a park ticket, you could only stay for 6 hours, and would have to pay extra to stay longer. That is nickel and diming to me.

This is different. This is something extra that is offered before the park opens that people can pay if they want to. Same with the $150 after hours offer. I think people get more upset that Disney has the audacity to offer guests these outrageously priced upcharge events.

It's funny too because my initial reaction to some of this was a period of incredulity. But when I think about it, resort hotels over 90%, parks packed to the gills (I am sitting in the Ale & Compass Lounge in the Yacht Club as I type this), they can do it. I would imagine that even if Shanghai wasn't negatively impacting domestic park operations, they would still be doing things like this, cause people will pay.

And as far as this impacting EMH, it probably will render it a thing of the past. But it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they started offering on site guests extra FPs. I have been waiting for that to happen.

CaptainAmerica

For those who simply say "fine, don't buy it. It has no effect on you..."

Now all those people will be in front of you in line for 7DMT at rope drop. So much for the "if you couldn't get fastpasses, just go at rope drop" solution to a lengthy line.
I think you're VASTLY overestimating how popular this will be. People can't be bothered to get to the parks at 9:00, so there won't be a huge number lining up to pay extra to get there at 8:00 or earlier.

fred vinzant

For those who simply say "fine, don't buy it. It has no effect on you..."

Now all those people will be in front of you in line for 7DMT at rope drop. So much for the "if you couldn't get fastpasses, just go at rope drop" solution to a lengthy line.
Actually they will have already rode it 3 or 4 times and will be on their way to other rides or eating their breakfast that they have until 10 to get.

Baloo62

I posted this over in the "Disney After Hours Event" thread, but it's even more applicable here given the morning time frame.....
I think its time for a new Welcome Show. Governor Ratcliffe can open the park, the Main Street singers can perform "Master of the Mouse" (Les Miserables), and the steam train will arrive with Uncle Scrooge, Stromboli, Prince John, Madame Medusa, Alameda Slim and Edgar the butler. If you want to have a magical commemorative photo taken with Fagin in front of the Mickey floral, simply toss your children's college funds into the bin marked "Sucker".

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

But see my thinking is we can eat breakfast much cheaper elsewhere and if we want to ride the mine train with no line then book a FP or hit it as soon as the park opens. I just can't see why anyone would pay $70 for a little food and a few rides on the mine train (which isn't even worth $25 imo).

OneDNP

I think you're VASTLY overestimating how popular this will be. People can't be bothered to get to the parks at 9:00, so there won't be a huge number lining up to pay extra to get there at 8:00 or earlier.
I think his will sell out, though I would only consider it if Pinnochio, Jimminy Cricket, and Geppto were at breakfast.

MuteSuperstar

There's no need to be offended that it's even offered just because it's not your cup of tea.

No need to be offended, no.

But some of us are anyway. None of this stuff was necessary before. Now the parks are more popular than ever and we still get cut after cut, rooms and admission and food continue to rise substantially in price (while food quality is allegedly being cut) and upcharge event after upcharge event is being introduced with very high price points for what is being offered. It bothers a lot of us that the most popular tourist destination on the face of the earth, whose attendance is at record levels, can't seem to make ends meet (yeah right) while the financial bar is being constantly raised for going there and having anything close to the experience we used to get for considerably less money and aggravation. It's sad to see. But of course, charging more for less is the new American Corporate way. And it's disgusting.

ANJ

I couldn't care less about all these upcharge events. But they just seem so un-Disney like. VIP? Wasn't there a time when all guest were treated like a VIP? Sure there were always "extras" to purchase like fishing excursions, golf, horseback riding etc. But once in the parks we were all royalty. No "special" viewing areas. No cupcake parties. We didn't have to pay for magical moments, they just happened.

NelleBelle

That's one of the reasons I already do a pre park opening reservation at Crystal Palace ;-)
This was exactly what we were planning to do (and have done in the past)! We are staying off-property and know we are not going to be getting a FP for 7DMT, so our plan was to book an early-morning breakfast and be done before rope-drop, ready to get in line as soon as we could. But now with this ticketed event (and NO WAY are we paying for this)...I guess we I can just plan on spending most of my morning in the stand-by line :arghh::banghead:

peter11435

This was exactly what we were planning to do (and have done in the past)! We are staying off-property and know we are not going to be getting a FP for 7DMT, so our plan was to book an early-morning breakfast and be done before rope-drop, ready to get in line as soon as we could. But now with this ticketed event (and NO WAY are we paying for this)...I guess we I can just plan on spending most of my morning in the stand-by line :arghh::banghead:
Don't rule out getting fastpasses for SDMT. You should still be able to get some at the 30 day mark.

NelleBelle

I appreciate the optimism and plan to check daily up till our arrival (except when we're on the ship--no way am paying for extra data/cell service :eek:), however, given the insane popularity of this ride...we've never ridden it and would like to ride it at least once. We can then decide if we'll put it in the category of PPF and ride only when we can get a FP or when standby line is under a certain wait-time :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom