Disney New Balance Sneakers

Princess Kaylee

Original Poster
I have seen Ariel, Minnie, Mickey, Dumbo, and Tinkerbell New Balance Sneakers? Has anybody purchased them and if so where did you find them.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I have seen Ariel, Minnie, Mickey, Dumbo, and Tinkerbell New Balance Sneakers? Has anybody purchased them and if so where did you find them.

You can only purchase them each year at the RunDisney Expo. They have Cinderella and several others besides the ones you mentioned in your post from past years. They are all really cool but unless you go to the expo or use a personal shopper that's going to the expo or eBay you can't get your hands on them. I loved the Cinderella from a few years ago and almost paid $300 for them on eBay but decided not to. I really like the Aerial and Dumbo ones this year too. So cute! :inlove:

R W B

You can only purchase them each year at the RunDisney Expo. They have Cinderella and several others besides the ones you mentioned in your post from past years. They are all really cool but unless you go to the expo or use a personal shopper that's going to the expo or eBay you can't get your hands on them. I loved the Cinderella from a few years ago and almost paid $300 for them on eBay but decided not to. I really like the Aerial and Dumbo ones this year too. So cute! :inlove:
What do they cost at the expo?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

They ran around $130, if I remember correctly, depending on which shoe you want. If you go to the New Balance website, you can see them and get a better price estimate. And the model number, too, especially important for those runners who pronate and need a corrective shoe.

sxeensweet

Yep what @LAKid53 said about $130 but people on eBay sell them usually for double or more. The personal shopper prices were more reasonable but in different tennis shoes I always wear different sizes ranging from 6.5-8 so I didn't want to buy any without trying them on especially for the steep prices. Lol :)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yep what @LAKid53 said about $130 but people on eBay sell them usually for double or more. The personal shopper prices were more reasonable but in different tennis shoes I always wear different sizes ranging from 6.5-8 so I didn't want to buy any without trying them on especially for the steep prices. Lol :)

Plus, NB shoes have a tendency to be narrower than other running shoes. Another reason to try them on. I'm not a fan of NB shoes for running (I like Asics Gel 360s), but I have a pair of NB 711s for my gym days. I wear a 9.5 in Asics running shoes and a 9W in NB. A 9W in an Asics shoe would be too wide and a 9 is just a tad short for my left foot. Another reason to try on running (or any shoe, actually) shoes before plunking down $100+.

sxeensweet

Plus, NB shoes have a tendency to be narrower than other running shoes. Another reason to try them on. I'm not a fan of NB shoes for running (I like Asics Gel 360s), but I have a pair of NB 711s for my gym days. I wear a 9.5 in Asics running shoes and a 9W in NB. A 9W in an Asics shoe would be too wide and a 9 is just a tad short for my left foot. Another reason to try on running (or any shoe, actually) shoes before plunking down $100+.

Yep I agree about NB as I do have some but prefer Nike for most needs as they are not as narrow etc. :)

Greenlawler

Like a previous poster mentioned, these shoes are just Disney versions of already established NB products so unless you are just a huge fan of a certain character, you probably ought to check which type shoe is a good match for your running style.

I had to have the Donald's, but they are not really a good running shoe for me, so I wear them around the parks. When I saw the Dumbo's I was hacked because I knew I had to have them as well. Luckily the Vazee Pace is a good shoe for me, so I can actually run in my Dumbo's.

Don't think anyone has done this so here is what I believe is the complete list....

Character (Year) Model, Primary Color, additional colors
Mad Tea Party (2017) 880v6 white, purple, aqua
Toy Stoy Mania (2017) 880v6 orange, blue, red
Haunted Mansion (2017) Vazee Pacev2 purple, grey, light blue
Space Mountain (2017) Vazee Pacev2 black, purple, grey
Red Carpet Mickey (2016) 860v6 black, red, yellow
Red Carpet Minnie (2016) 860v6 yellow, gold, white
Dumbo (2016) Vazee Pace grey, light blue, yellow,
Ariel (2016) Vazee Pace green, light green, pink
Retro Mickey (2015) 990v3 black, grey, white
Retro Minnie (2015) 990v3 grey, white, black
Donald (2015) Fresh Foam Boracay (formerly the 980) blue, white, yellow
Tinkerbell (2015) Fresh Foam Boracay (formerly the 980), bright green, yellow, white
Sorcerer Mickey (2014) 860v4 red, blue, yellow
Pink Minnie (2014) 860v4 pink, white, black
Cinderella (2014) 890v4 light blue, blue, yellow
Goofy (2014) 890v4 orange, blue, yellow
Red Minnie (2013) 860v3 red, yellow, black
Black Mickey (2013) 860v3 black, red, yellow

The 860 is a stability shoe that is fairly durable and well suited for training
The 890 is a completely neutral shoe, and perhaps NB most well received
The Fresh Foam Boracay is a lightweight neutral shoe lots of cushion
The 990 is a heavier stability shoe although only for mild pronators
The Vazee Pace is a lightweight neutral shoe tends to have a wider profile
The 880 is a bit of a durable workhorse with a neutral palette.

Last edited:

surfsupdon

I, too, use my Dumbo's to run-they are so comfortable.

My original Mickey's from 2013 I cannot run in because they are not comfortable, and my Goofy's I use when I coach.

Greenlawler

Do you think the popularity of these shoes has decreased? Just seems like there's not the same fervor.

Guess we will have to wait until January to hear if they are doing another line.

surfsupdon

I would like to see a new line too. I think there is a decrease in popularity, but not enough to warrant not creating a new line. As much as I love the old school bright colors, I much prefer the newer subtlety of the Dumbos

dreamfinder

Do you think the popularity of these shoes has decreased? Just seems like there's not the same fervor.

Guess we will have to wait until January to hear if they are doing another line.

I'd think it's more the dying out of runDisney. You can't just slap runDisney on something and have it sell anymore. I'd also suspect that New Balance is getting a much better handle on demand/handling the queues.

dreamfinder

FYI, apparently the New Balance outlets received some old stock a few weeks ago. Stumbled across it at our local outlet, but all they had left was womens 10-11 and mens 14. $40 I think was the sticker on them.

dreamfinder

Interesting. Can't tell from those thumbnails if one of each style is for each gender (how they normally did it) or if they are doing all 4 in both mens & womens. Although if the Haunted Mansion has the wall paper on the toe area (can't tell if it actually is, or just inspired by) then I may need to get a pair regardless. It's what, men's size + 2 to get womens size? ; )

Greenlawler

Looking forward to grabbing the Haunted Mansion shoes! There's no info on the virtual queue or if there will be one yet.

The Mad Tea Party shoes are the best looking to me, but I don't really trust the 880's I have heard mixed reviews.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom