Zootopia Coming March 2016

Kate F

Okay look, I realize a while back that I made a completely ridiculous post regarding a Splash Mountain retheme. You all had every right to think of me as crazy for even considering that as a possibility.

However, I really can't help but still be bothered that the main characters of this film are a fox and a rabbit because Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Fox are two of my favorite Disney characters. They were (in my mind at least) the Disney fox and rabbit duo, but not anymore it seems. I really didn't understand how no one could see why I had a problem with that, I guess I'm just weird. I've tried hard to be optimistic, thinking that they might even remind people of Br'er Fox and Br'er Rabbit and make them more popular than they currently are, but...I don't know. I know nothing will happen to Splash Mountain, but I still can't shake off the feeling that this film will make them less relevant. I really hope I can get rid of these stupid worries by the time the movie comes out.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Okay look, I realize a while back that I made a completely ridiculous post regarding a Splash Mountain retheme. You all had every right to think of me as crazy for even considering that as a possibility.

However, I really can't help but still be bothered that the main characters of this film are a fox and a rabbit because Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Fox are two of my favorite Disney characters. They were (in my mind at least) the Disney fox and rabbit duo, but not anymore it seems. I really didn't understand how no one could see why I had a problem with that, I guess I'm just weird. I've tried hard to be optimistic, thinking that they might even remind people of Br'er Fox and Br'er Rabbit and make them more popular than they currently are, but...I don't know. I know nothing will happen to Splash Mountain, but I still can't shake off the feeling that this film will make them less relevant. I really hope I can get rid of these stupid worries by the time the movie comes out.
They are already pretty irrelevant since their movie hasn't left the vault in decades. If it weren't for Splash Mountain, they'd be totally forgotten.

As long as Zootopia doesn't have some kind of water scene, I think it'll be fine! Either way, it wouldn't thematically fit into Frontierland and probably not Critter Country.

brb1006

They are already pretty irrelevant since their movie hasn't left the vault in decades. If it weren't for Splash Mountain, they'd be totally forgotten.

As long as Zootopia doesn't have some kind of water scene, I think it'll be fine! Either way, it wouldn't thematically fit into Frontierland and probably not Critter Country.
I find an attraction or section based on Zootopia to fit more at AK.

brb1006

Judy and Nick at the Zootopia premier at the El Capitan
CbdYBbBVIAAbluc.jpg

Can't wait to see you guys at WDW and Disneyland someday.

Sped2424

I have been seeing the same thing ^ That this film is fantastic and one of the best the revival has to offer. I gotta apologize because when news of the movie first came out I totally wrote it off. But now I am beyond interested to see this film! Looks like Moana has a lot to shoot for!

Magenta Panther

I have been seeing the same thing ^ That this film is fantastic and one of the best the revival has to offer. I gotta apologize because when news of the movie first came out I totally wrote it off. But now I am beyond interested to see this film! Looks like Moana has a lot to shoot for!

I was kinda the same way. I thought the movie would be about a goody-two-shoes bunny and a snarky fox and lots of bad animal puns. But it looks like it's about much more than that, and I'm thrilled.

brb1006

I was kinda the same way. I thought the movie would be about a goody-two-shoes bunny and a snarky fox and lots of bad animal puns. But it looks like it's about much more than that, and I'm thrilled.
The Japanese trailer while it contains major spoilers does focus on the dramatic and action elements which is pretty much hidden in the other trailers for the film mainly the US ones which focuses more on the comedy.

Matt_Black

Of course, the movie's not out yet and I've seen people take offense over something they've doctored up in their heads, just like Inside Out and Big Hero 6 before. In this case, someone is suggesting that the sloths are some kind of ethnic attack* on SOMEBODY, they just can't figure out who. Another poster responded with, "They're sloths that work at the DMV! Sloths are slow, and the DMV is slow! That's the joke! I'm from France and even I know how slow the DMV is!"

*Not to say that I don't expect the movie to tackle racial issues in some fashion. Everything I've seen so far suggests, to me anyway, that's a metaphor for white privilege, with Judy learning about her own unconscious bias and socially built-in advantages.

Judy Hopps

Um hi guys im a new member here and a big fan of judy hopps just to let u know u dont have to wait to long cuas ei just watched the movie on the internet and u guys should be able to as well

Disneyfanman

These reviews continue to be raves. Still 100% on RT with 19 in and counting including some top critics like Variety. Where did this movie come from? I had filed it in my head as "lesser Disney" due to it's release date and a real lack of marketing earlier. Apparently I was wrong and I am now pretty excited.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Where did this movie come from? I had filed it in my head as "lesser Disney" due to it's release date and a real lack of marketing earlier. Apparently I was wrong and I am now pretty excited.
I'm so glad this is happening. I knew a lot of people who wrote off the movie and now that it seems overwhelmingly good, those people are eating their words. Now I just have to see the movie myself and confirm the positivity.

Matt_Black

These reviews continue to be raves. Still 100% on RT with 19 in and counting including some top critics like Variety. Where did this movie come from? I had filed it in my head as "lesser Disney" due to it's release date and a real lack of marketing earlier. Apparently I was wrong and I am now pretty excited.

I think the reason the release date is odd for a WDAS release is because the release schedule was shuffled around due to production delays with The Good Dinosaur on Pixar's end (remember, that was initially scheduled for Spring '14).

Cesar R M

Judy learning about her own unconscious bias and socially built-in advantages.
socially built advantages? I seen the movies and Judy suffers from the completely opposite of what you say.
She's the epitome of "I will do whatever it takes to fulfill my dream" with hardwork and cleverness.
And she is being put down by almost everyone... including her parents.

Cesar R M

I came across this image of Judy Hopps when she was young.
CYd8J4EW8AASMyY.png
I can tell you that the first scenes are DISTURBINGLY ADORABLE.
You will have to see it to understand.

also that image looks clearly taken from the cinema, perhaps of a bootleg camera copy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom