Feedback on dining selections

TaraA-225

Original Poster
Hey, all!

So, I didn't realize food was so important to me until I started planning this trip. I ended up going with the Deluxe Dining Plan, so I could have as many signature dining/fine dining and table service meals as I could. Plus, I've planned out my 2 snack credits per day to use some for breakfast, so I won't be paying for any meals once I'm there except for lunch at Universal--and possibly a lazy room service breakfast day. I also was able to find reservations at all the places I wanted--including California Grill at 9:30 to view "Wishes." I'm staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, and wanted to get your take on the restaurants I picked (i.e good?, bad?, overrated?, go somewhere else?). Thanks!!!

Apr. 4th - Epcot - Lunch: Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie; Dinner: San Angel Inn (Should be done eating right around when Illuminations begins.)

Apr. 5th - MK - Lunch: Be Our Guest; Dinner: Narcoossee's at Grand Floridian

Apr. 6th - Universal Day - Dinner: Sanna

Apr. 7th - Pool/Rest/Off/Resort Exploration Day - Breakfast: Boma; Dinner: California Grill

Apr. 8th - HS - Lunch: 50's Diner; Dinner: The Hollywood Brown Derby (with VIP to Fantasmic)

Apr. 9th - AK - Lunch: Yak & Yeti; Dinner: Jiko - The Cooking Place

:)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hey, all!

So, I didn't realize food was so important to me until I started planning this trip. I ended up going with the Deluxe Dining Plan, so I could have as many signature dining/fine dining and table service meals as I could. Plus, I've planned out my 2 snack credits per day to use some for breakfast, so I won't be paying for any meals once I'm there except for lunch at Universal--and possibly a lazy room service breakfast day. I also was able to find reservations at all the places I wanted--including California Grill at 9:30 to view "Wishes." I'm staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, and wanted to get your take on the restaurants I picked (i.e good?, bad?, overrated?, go somewhere else?). Thanks!!!

Apr. 4th - Epcot - Lunch: Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie; Dinner: San Angel Inn (Should be done eating right around when Illuminations begins.)

Apr. 7th - Pool/Rest/Off/Resort Exploration Day - Breakfast: Boma; Dinner: California Grill

Apr. 8th - HS - Lunch: 50's Diner; Dinner: The Hollywood Brown Derby (with VIP to Fantasmic)

Welcome :hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry: Try and bump San Angel back a bit so you will have time to enjoy your meal and not feel rushed, sometimes you can wait for a table even with an ADR. Besides you may want to have time to grab a drink to enjoy while watching Illuminations. Also try for 9pm at CG for the same reason

Weather_Lady

I think it sounds great. All of the restaurants at AKL are consistently well-reviewed, and each offers something a little different in terms of flavor profiles and service style. We're hoping to try a couple of them ourselves on our next trip.

TaraA-225

Original Poster
Welcome :hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry: Try and bump San Angel back a bit so you will have time to enjoy your meal and not feel rushed, sometimes you can wait for a table even with an ADR. Besides you may want to have time to grab a drink to enjoy while watching Illuminations. Also try for 9pm at CG for the same reason

Thanks! I'll look into switching times for San Angel. Unfortunately, California Grill only had 5:45 PM and 9:30 PM available.

Hockey89

Hey, all!

Great picks :)

ekutchey

Your Cali Grill time is excellent. You will not feel rushed at all. Not to mention while some restaurants have a bit of a wait Cali Grill is usually true to time on reservations. Also they don't serve anything during Wishes so you can enjoy the whole show and meal.

TaraA-225

Original Poster
Your Cali Grill time is excellent. You will not feel rushed at all. Not to mention while some restaurants have a bit of a wait Cali Grill is usually true to time on reservations. Also they don't serve anything during Wishes so you can enjoy the whole show and meal.

Thanks for the info!

Jess G

Hey, all!

I'll be there the same time as you :) staying from the 4th-8th in animal kingdom also! Hoping Easter crowds will be gone. Good meal choices have fun, I'll probably see you there lol

PinnySmart

Hey, all!

You have made some fantastic choices. All of our favorites are on your list. Using the snack credit for breakfast is a great idea since you will doing signatures.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I was disappointed in our lunch at Be Our Guest. I guess the dinners are better, but having to order off an ATM like computer and find your own seating seemed a bit of a let down for me, especially given the long line i had to wait in. There was only one line to get it, and that was the fast pass line and we waited well over 45 minutes.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I was disappointed in our lunch at Be Our Guest. I guess the dinners are better, but having to order off an ATM like computer and find your own seating seemed a bit of a let down for me, especially given the long line i had to wait in. There was only one line to get it, and that was the fast pass line and we waited well over 45 minutes.
When was that? We waited about 20 minutes in the summer of 2013 before they put it into the ADR system

harryk

Place was real crowded when our group of 4 went in for lunch. Really had to shop for a table and found one just opening near the snowy windows. Stood at the table while the cast member cleared and cleaned it up. All in all took about 15 minutes to get settled. After looking around when we were finally seated we found that this was 'normal'. Meal was real good and cast members just wonderful. However, in future will only do dinner.

TaraA-225

Original Poster
I'll be there the same time as you :) staying from the 4th-8th in animal kingdom also! Hoping Easter crowds will be gone. Good meal choices have fun, I'll probably see you there lol

I looked up the nearby FL counties, and went to their school websites to check their calendars. Lol. According to those near Disney, they won't be on spring break. At least we won't be battling FL residents on spring break.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
When was that? We waited about 20 minutes in the summer of 2013 before they put it into the ADR system
November 2014.

Place was real crowded when our group of 4 went in for lunch. Really had to shop for a table and found one just opening near the snowy windows. Stood at the table while the cast member cleared and cleaned it up. All in all took about 15 minutes to get settled. After looking around when we were finally seated we found that this was 'normal'. Meal was real good and cast members just wonderful. However, in future will only do dinner.
Yeah, that was one issue we faced as well. We went from dinning room to dinning room searching for a table, it was not the most pleasant experience.

I heard positive reviews of their dinner so we are rolling the dice on that for our next trip.

TaraA-225

Original Poster

Good to know. I ended up switching my BOG to breakfast at 8:05 when the park opens at 9:00. Hopefully, I won't have the same issue you had at that time. Also, it will put me in the park in Fantasyland when the park opens, so that may be an advantage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom