DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Rteetz

BTW, here is the map, courtesy of @marni1971 which was first posted in this post.

image-jpeg.113217

The red is "Phase 2" which is Star Wars.

I've been following the thread but haven't seen a layout map like the one for TSL is there one for SWL?

Would it still go out into the parking lot?

The map above shows where things are going. Red Star Wars, green toy story, yellow phase 3, blue phase 4, orange small changes or enhancements, pink parking/infrastructure changes.

Goofyernmost

Funny. That's a nice try. Don't come at me smacking at me for my opinion telling me to not fight to prevent something when all I did was give my opinion. I wasn't fighting, arguing, or acting like a jerk. That was you. I can see where you might get confused there. If they want Cars....fine. I don't and that is fine too. Crawl back under your rock and stop trying to start an argument between others where an argument OBVIOUSLY doesn't exist. Thanks.
One more time. Apparently the rock I'm under, is your head. You expressed your opinion, then I expressed mine. You didn't say... my opinion is I don't want cars. You said "We don't want Cars." Let them stay in Cali." I expressed a different opinion and came short of asking why you couldn't just walk right by it if you didn't want to see it there, instead I made it as a statement. I was done at that point, you continued the argument after that.

Also, at the same time, I will submit that there is indeed an argument for why it should ALSO be in Florida. Neither one of us has argued that. You have not said why it shouldn't and I have not said why it should. You're just upset that I disagreed with you... Let's leave it behind us and move on.

G00fyDad

One more time. Apparently the rock I'm under, is your head. You expressed your opinion, then I expressed mine. You didn't say... my opinion is I don't want cars. You said "We don't want Cars." Let them stay in Cali." I expressed a different opinion and came short of asking why you couldn't just walk right by it if you didn't want to see it there, instead I made it as a statement. I was done at that point, you continued the argument after that.

Also, at the same time, I will submit that there is indeed an argument for why it should ALSO be in Florida. Neither one of us has argued that. You have not said why it shouldn't and I have not said why it should. You're just upset that I disagreed with you... Let's leave it behind us and move on.

WE.... as in MY FAMILY. Not my fault if you misunderstood my post. Deal with it. If I misunderstand someone here I will own it and admit to it. You started something without thinking it through and it blew up in your face. Go back under your rock.

DisneyRoy

I get that Star Wars is extremely popular and profitable, but I really don't think it needs a whole land in DL. Why can it not just be a Florida thing? I know there have been plenty of comments stating that "Oh, they will make sure it will blend in with the rest of Disneyland" but no matter what they do, I just feel like it's going to stick out like a sore thumb. I also agree that it seems wrong to tamper with the Rivers of America. And personally, while I like it, I am starting to get a bit tired of seeing Star Wars everywhere (which I will obviously need to get over), and I can't say I agree with the notion that "You can never have too much Star Wars". Yes you can.

I can never have too much Star Wars. ;)

SCOTLORR

I don't think SWL or TSL could fit into the Lights! Motors! Action! Is a third land being developed? Hopefully it is announced later this year.
I think it's been confirmed by insiders here that a phase 3 will definitely happen, it's just a question on when. Most of the area in yellow in that photo is where this phase 3 seems to be planned for although it'll probably serve as a staging area for SWL and TSL first, which means phase 3 will be much further down the road. I'm hoping for either a Monstropolis Land in this area. Cars would be cool too but like many people here I'd like to keep that on the west coast.

Pam Hates Penguins

I think it's been confirmed by insiders here that a phase 3 will definitely happen, it's just a question on when. Most of the area in yellow in that photo is where this phase 3 seems to be planned for although it'll probably serve as a staging area for SWL and TSL first, which means phase 3 will be much further down the road. I'm hoping for either a Monstropolis Land in this area. Cars would be cool too but like many people here I'd like to keep that on the west coast.

What do you think is more likely? Monstropolis, or Cars?

doctornick

I think it's been confirmed by insiders here that a phase 3 will definitely happen, it's just a question on when.

And a question of "what", since it is not clear that the theme has been decided. The strong rumor was that it was between The Incredibles or Monsters Inc. There was also some rumbling recently that suggested that there might be an Indiana Jones ride added to DHS at some point (I don't know if that was just wishful thinking or real plans, but Martin hinted at it so I assume it is part of the "fluid" discussions).

I kinda wonder if part of "Phase 3" will be built quickly to help with capacity. It's a big chunk of land that is closed among SoA/LMA/Catastrophe Canyon and they could build on part of that while still leaving other parts of it for staging. For example, they could build on the southwest corner of the park next to TSL and have an additional attraction open there before the rest of Phase 3 opens.

SCOTLORR

What do you think is more likely? Monstropolis, or Cars?
At this point it seems Monsters Inc. is leading but Cars and Incredibles have pretty good cases too. If it were Incredibles they could combine it with Big Hero 6 and GOTG and make it a Super hero land because I don't see Incredibles having enough for its own land.

doctornick

At this point it seems Monsters Inc. is leading but Cars and Incredibles have pretty good cases too. If it were Incredibles they could combine it with Big Hero 6 and GOTG and make it a Super hero land because I don't see Incredibles having enough for its own land.

Incredibles does has a sequel on the way though which could be a source for more material. That said, I tend to agree that Incredibles isn't as rich with stuff to use for a theme park land -- Monsters Inc would be my choice for something novel and immersive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom