Zootopia Coming March 2016

Sped2424

What if this movie is a huge hit and Disney decides to do a Zootopia overlay on the Jungle Cruise?
Zootopia has already been thought about if it's a success, and it's landing zone wouldn't be the magic kingdom. But Animal Kingdom naturally. Think Rafiki's planet watch nothing of real substance btw just a kid zone playground type area.

Phroobar

Zootopia has already been thought about if it's a success, and it's landing zone wouldn't be the magic kingdom. But Animal Kingdom naturally. Think Rafiki's planet watch nothing of real substance btw just a kid zone playground type area.
A nice Zootopia dark ride replacing Rafiki's planet watch would be ideal. Make the train go to other places in the park.

Kate F

I'm sorry, but I just have to get this off my chest. It's been worrying me for months and I don't think anyone has even brought this up, but here it goes:

First of all, I am a huge fan of Splash Mountain, and Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Fox are some of my favorite Disney characters. And it really bothers me that they decided to make the main characters of this film a rabbit and a fox, out of ALL the animals. Are those really the first animals that come to mind when you think of a zoo?

Anyway, I've tried to get over it, but it is still really bugging me and I'm a bit concerned that this film will wipe away whatever relevance Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Fox have left, and might even be considered a potential retheme for Splash Mountain. It's not improbable, particularly the DL one, since it is located in CRITTER Country. Someone in the "Ruin a Beloved Attraction" thread joked about a Zootopia retheme of Splash Mountain, but I've actually been nervous about that happening.

I know the plot, characters, etc. of this film will be completely different, but I can't even bring myself to watch a single trailer because of these concerns. I'm probably just WAY overreacting, but is anyone else even the least bit concerned about this?

Last edited:

Matt_Black

I know the plot, characters, etc. of this film will be completely different, but I can't even bring myself to watch a single trailer because of these concerns. I'm probably just WAY overreacting, but is anyone else even the least bit concerned about this?

No. Snow White wasn't made irrelevant by Aurora or any of the other princesses that came afterwards.

Kate F

No. Snow White wasn't made irrelevant by Aurora or any of the other princesses that came afterwards.
I just knew someone was going to use an argument like that. Which, in fact, I have used the fact that there are many princess films to try to console myself about this, but I just can't help but be a little bit worried. But like I said, I'm pretty sure I'm overreacting.

Disneyhead'71

I'm sorry, but I just have to get this off my chest. It's been worrying me for months and I don't think anyone has even brought this up, but here it goes:

First of all, I am a huge fan of Splash Mountain, and Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Fox are some of my favorite Disney characters. And it really bothers me that they decided to make the main characters of this film a rabbit and a fox, out of ALL the animals. Are those really the first animals that come to mind when you think of a zoo?

Anyway, I've tried to get over it, but it is still really bugging me and I'm a bit concerned that this film will wipe away whatever relevance Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Fox have left, and might even be considered a potential retheme for Splash Mountain. It's not improbable, particularly the DL one, since it is located in CRITTER Country. Someone in the "Ruin a Beloved Attraction" thread joked about a Zootopia retheme of Splash Mountain, but I've actually been nervous about that happening.

Ummm, no.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

That's ridiculous, it would me like re-themeing Maelstrom to Fro...... Never mind, go about your business, nothing to see here.

Flippin'Flounder

I love Splash Mountain to death, but you're insane if you think thats even a possibility. If you watch a trailer it might help you see that there is no similarity between the two, Zootopia is a city, which is the exact opposite of Splah Mountain.

Clamman73

Naaaaah...maybe they're planning a new Skyway. ;)
zootopia.jpeg

Kate F

Alright, alright, I think you guys have made your points. After reading your comments, I do think that the idea of a re-theme is pretty ridiculous now. I was hoping at least one person would at least see where I was coming from, but apparently not. I'm actually pretty relieved that people disagreed with me, and everyone thinks the entire concept is ludicrous, but I was genuinely worried about it for quite awhile.

I still don't like that the main characters are a fox and a rabbit though. I'm just going to have to get over that one.

Brer Panther

Yeah, besides, I don't think Zootopia really fits into Frontierland. Like, at all.

Besides, if they were gonna retheme Splash Mountain, they probably would've done it by now.

brb1006

The El Capitan has just announced that Nick and Judy will be appearing live on stage prior to Zootopia screenings. And there will be a breakfast with Judy on weekends.

brb1006

And there can be a meet and greet area where guests can meet Judy or Nick. I'm going to bet Judy might be popular with guests if she ever becomes meetable at WDW.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I'm really embarrassed about the post I made yesterday. I was being completely honest with it, but I was also clearly being stupid as well. I apologize.

No need to apologize.. We all post stuff that others may seem weird or confusing. This will not be the last time you will receive pushback, as we all receive it from time to time.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom